Tree of Savior Forum

Known Issues - UPDATED (April 12th)

Welp, as stated on some other posts, there is a problem when we redeem the Exclusive Pack 1. We do the process, it turns black and we end up recieving nothing on our characters. Will there be any fix or something?

Hi!
I just installed my game on Steam. I hit play to the game, game starts and I can see and choose a server list. When I hit enter after choosing ANY server it shows a connecting to server box and then it disappears and nothing shows up.
Any fix on this issue?

Is It on Klaipeda server,

Did It show white Screen or did you hear any background music.

Idunno the solution just want to know if it the same issue i got here.:joy:

@STAFF_Ethan Yes, I did it just know. I verified the integrity of game cache on Steam. I got this message
Then I replaced XML files, but nothing different happened. Also my serverlist_recent XML file has only “< serverlist” on it.

When i enter the game my character starts to move only in one direction ( down + right) i already tried this:

-Restarting the game (several tries):
I did this after every change i made.

-Redownloading the entire game

-Change UI:
I TRIED EVERY UI AVAILABLE AND THE CHAR JUST DONT STOP
-Unplugged any other devices:
I tried unplugged every single devices on my PC, including mouse and keyboard and the funy thing is that my char just keep running. The game recognize other inputs i made but doesnt move, just keep walking down+right

Change Config of any UI
I tried change “key” from any action, i also tried to not assign any “key” to those action or every action, and my char keeps moving.
I already tested my keyboard on other games and i dont have any issue similar to this. I tried using a controller, neither it worked.

@gallotecabral, @walker_br If you are playing on Klaipeda, the lag caused by overpopulation may be the reason for those issues. We are currently looking at options to mitigate the bottleneck problems, so please bear with us.

@vinicseas @danx_na143 I’ll pass the problems to the dev team since there seems to be some more in-depth technical problems.

Well, but i have to wait?, or can i do something to fix it? A friend just started to play and he was able to leveling up his stats

IMC Ethan , let the servers offline to try to fix it , because getting online is just like that the players spend anger both lag.

i have a problem with Xbox 360 controller.
I want to place a bonfire, and then you need pick number there you want to place your bonfire, i can not find any button that will work. I tried UI mode as well.

is this like a partial lag or error in the game client it self? @STAFF_Ethan
because people can perfectly hit mobs but we cant even pick up stuff or do quest, talk to npc, get stats point up, and stuff.
maybe you guys need to consider client checkup or server refresh?

staff ethan any news about my report about CommanderLoadFail?
its still happening…
server : orsha
team: tonkatsu
character: arrow
my other character can log in but my specific character (Arrow) cant… pls fix thanx

Wait, did i misunderstand, or are some EU players getting “screwed” for using their Founders pack in Klapedia server?

Exacly what items wont be transfered?

We understand that this maybe the case, however, limiting transfer such as a psuedo item transfer is TOO LATE of a notice.

You guys offer us these remedies with so many unfavourable options in our end.

Many have already activated/accepted their DLCs, People have already paid forward and this is what we get.

Its honestly frustrating and disappointing

2 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan please, tell dev to consider “reset” all our DLCs/packs, we deserve this. announcement came to late. We all support this game, we just want to enjoy and don’t lose some beneficts we paid for.

4 Likes

i’am having the problem of getting stack with class advancement
klaipeda server and team name silager :slight_smile:
if that helps in any way…

Can you let people know if you will be opening a new server or not? Its ridiculous that people have to wait over 15 hours now for a simple answer.

You guys opened up the EU server and then literally dipped and let all this boil up for 10+ hours.

It seems some users have managed to work around the CommanderLoadFail error by switching channels. Have you tried that?

Again, apologies for the inconvenience :confounded:

1 Like

We’re currently experiencing a huge delay of using our EXP cards and Quest Interaction.

Kinda late for that announcement huh? I hope players don’t get penalized when transfering for this. It was said that all items and benefits would be transfered as well. What is this all of sudden?

3 Likes

Monsters can kill , but not I can talk to NPCs :confused: