Tree of Savior Forum

Klaipeda Server Back Up

Move the infrastructure to a cloud based host. This would let you spin up regional servers easier, the cost would be reduced heavily, and you could automate health checks to spin up new servers if one fails/becomes unhealthy. Other security features could be enabled also that could help reduce spammers, silver sellers, or DDOS attacks if there is the potential they could occur (which there is always potential for).

Julie, you can create a server LA, KAP have a lot of players, however EU and SEA many players. Please create LA server, look this numbers, think in this.

8 Likes

This took you an HOUR to even note and people are thanking you?

I feel like I’m in a sea of people who get sucker punched and apologize for getting in the way…

This is pathetic, IMC. We know the server is down. Thank you for updating us on the fact that we aren’t currently in the game. Now… what was it you were doing to resolve it? Oh… that’s right. You came in, copy and pasted something your publisher told you you COULD say, and left.

Amazing.

12 Likes

I didnt pay to not be able to play

1 Like

Wouldn’t a cloud based system be relatively easy to access by outsiders ?

@Staff_Julie Please just fix the horrible Lag issue, that alone would be enough compensation for this server downfall… seriously, i would literally want the lag gone over anything at the moment…

2 Likes

waiting for server LA.

TY

=x

4 Likes

Well considering this is client to host system the infrastructure is exposed anyway, but realistically no. Architecturally the setup could be very secure if done properly.

Many large corporations with far more critical data are moving to cloud infrastructures, increases up time availability, and significantly reduces cost, as well as making it easier to deploy.

layenem
This took you an HOUR to even note and people are thanking you?

As brutal as this response is, you aren’t wrong. This whole situation really underscores how understaffed the community management team is.

2 Likes

We need an LA server

2 Likes

Be aware that a rollback may occur depending on how severe this is.

HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTCHEEKS FOR THIS ONE.

1 Like

So… We payed 50 Bucks top, to not be able to play…
Cool =)

Hell… I can do my homework now…thx, for real.

1 Like

Could you possibly put a spam limit on shout chat? All those gold seller’s spam is causing stutter lag and its ruining the gaming experience.

I can hide shout chat, hide the banner but it doesn’t help the lag.

If not, maybe disable shout chat/megaphones until a solution can be found?

1 Like

It makes me laugh how many people come on this thread to rage.

It’s the launch of a new MMO folks, these things are natural to happen. Don’t have a stroke raging about expected kinks and problems that come up.

9 Likes

Wait, you can hide the banner?

After finishing dinner I logged back into ToS.

Then, I started panicking because I recently switched to ‘true fullscreen’ to double my FPS and get rid of studdering and found that the server was unresponsive. ‘True fullscreen’ its an early fix for some problems from iCBT (I can’t remember which) but you just change the user file’s value for fullscreen to 0 instead of 1.

The problem with ‘true fullscreen’ is that you can’t alt tab or ctrl-alt-delete. When the server was down and I was stuck in the lobby screen completely unresponsive, I couldn’t exit the game except by having to log off my account and force exiting all of my programs.

Let this be a less to anyone wanting better FPS like the game is supposed to have. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to play tomorrow.

On a side note, I think I’m going to write a topic in suggestions to ask IMC to resolve this non alt-tab issue for ‘true fullscreen’ and actually implement an option for it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes. Just uncheck “show banner” in the chat settings…

Oh man thanks, I’ll need to remember that. I don’t think that was in CBT at all, at least I didn’t find it anywhere.