Tree of Savior Forum

Kill Stealing - Is it against the Terms of Service?

Wow, i didnt expect this ammount of replies.

I mostly made this thread to get clarification on the Terms of Service, so i know ahead of time if such actions are reportable, i dont really care about the accidental or one off KS, i care about following and repeteadly KSing. And for those that say that mobs are free for all, then no, your freedom ends when another person’s freedom starts.

World bosses give rewards to the top 5 DPS and their parties, it’s obviously the intent of world bosses is to be fought among multiple ppl and KS is irrelevant on those, why did someone even bring it up.

Botting and Advertise Spamming is against the Terms of Service, guess what happens to the. Oh…

About KSing ut seems like they want TOS to be survival of the fittest. Wanted to start as Wiz 3 which is the lowest end of the food chain…
So I rolled a Ranger with maximum Barrage.

LOL this made me laugh XD but i see your point.

Actually. The last hit means nothing for loot.

ok the my bad.
:rice_cracker:

Hiya,
Regarding Kill Stealing, well, for normal monsters, it is not about who hit it last but how much damage you have caused. So, it is not that clear what actually constitute Kill Stealing.

However, as for the quest or boss mobs, we will look into this.

I personally think that we cannot ban or punish the KSers (I somehow pronounced it “kissers”, weird.) but we will see what we could do.

8 Likes

Thanks for the reply! :smiley:

make more grinding spot or spawn more monster will be great , this will slove the problem … for low dps character like us , not enough quest , not enough dmg . how to survive ?

Glad to help out Kuro Usagi.

3 Likes

Should get who caused more damage and not the last hit.

The ones who suffer the most are clerics FS which don’t have any STR on em to get enough damage to compete with like, archers and swordmans. Sad but well, we just have to ‘deal with it’ and see the same player asking por healing on dungeons.

1 Like

actually partying is the only way to deal with… but again… sometimes I myself as cleric > priest felt it especially when bot suddenly hit my target… :frowning:

1 Like

clerics are healers so why do they solo in the first place?

party up

Sometimes the party already have a cleric or the ppl on that map don’t want any party, which makes it kinda hard for a healer to party up.

xD.

Yes pleaes do so.

I was hard grinding at Demon Prison 2 today. With a full group.
We said “Don’t killsteal solo players in here, even if there’s a big mob!” …

And people after finding that we could only swap between Channel 4 and 1 for mobs. As the others where grind camped already after about 2 hours of us having a monopol on all 4… started killstealing left and right…

People feel PRESSED to killsteal.
As the spawnrate is so abssysal … that when going trough 4 chanels (!!) NONSTOP and kill EVERyTHING. We still end up on the first chanel we started … before the ACTUAL mobs respawn (or sometimes exactly on it).

Around 23 confined trees in that chanel. With two linkers we need 120 seconds for one completed chanel wipe at most times.
We got around 10~20 trees per chanel at most times. Duo respawns and some solo people here and there that didnt do so well solo.

We ended up on around 3,8 mio Exp/hour most of the time. 2,6 mio Exp/hour at the end, when america woke up and people started to go in there in a bigger number. Then one or two soloists.

The spawntime in there is around 2~4 minutes … i didn’t ever test it. But seeing, that at times we ran trough a complete 4 channel run in less then 4 minutes. We ended up with nothing in the chanel we switched into …

(and no … there wasnt a soul around. Except the people in chanels we saw before)

Pleaes. Reconsider askign the devs … to increase spawn rate further.
It’s fun running trough the map killing stuff and seeing exp meter go up.
And it feels good when your cleric actually shouts “IM ON CD! RUN! RUN GROOT RUN!!” as there’s to much mobs on someone. But chanel swaping… can’t be the solution to that.

It makes ONE FULL AREA only be good for ONE party.
As soon as theres more people… you will find an empty map so often.

1 Like

Deal with the bots first please… they are the one doing the most ksing seriously -.-
How does it feel when the freaking bot kill a silver/purple mob that you are eyeing for from a miles away. FeelsSHITman

I’d rather them just make “Kill Sharing” or “Everyone gets their own loot” a thing, the latter would be better in all honesty. The only drawback is… GASP some rare loot might not be so rare anymore… but is that really a drawback?

No need to make it reportable. Just fix it and add more spawns.

KS = cancer

-I totally agree with the creator of the post.Most games included ragnarok online have a ks protection, why tos not have it yet?

-A simple measure can be implemented : if you have hit the mob 1st have aggro and continually dps, if a guy come and ks he get 0 xp or miss.

You can prevent bots from ksing pretty easily most of the time. Ive seen very few bots use the range exploit.

I noticed that in demon prison 2F the spawnrate per room is quite high if every area is being camped. Other then the low spawnrates in most places, it seems ToS suffers from the same thing RO did: mobs spawning all across the map. You end up with this huge pack of mobs hidden away in some corner noone ever goes through, and all the other spawns spawn less mobs.