Tree of Savior Forum

Joint Penalty Hit/Damage limit

In the videos below

Shows full duration without damage

Shows links last 15 seconds with full burst

Does anybody know how this actually works? It will be a great help in understanding this class

1 Like

Even I didn’t notice this…I’m going to assume that they ninja-added durability to JP. Or like if you hit it, it’ll tick faster until you stop hitting.

2 Likes

Grinding in truffle after templeshooter skill, magic missile, summon familiar and dark theurge it always breaks before dark theurge wears off.
I’d estimate it at 30~40 hits.

For me, wiz3>link1 it always breaks after magic missile. Very annoying.

Same here, it was happen last 2 weeks maintenance

magic missle breaks links?

My MM doesn’t. Fire proc from Ignition does.

MM doesn’t break the links like knockups but it’s like the hit limit is reached super fast or something like that.

Sometimes in dungeon after JP>HK>MM I get the mashed dmg numbers and mobs die super fast. I’m not sure how it works as it doesn’t happen all the time.

Regardless the link breaks sooner than expected with MM compared to when I just auto and let other ppl spam skills.

@stalker.rick are you also link1 or did you take more circles?

This is one of my issues with linker honestly. I managed to get around the cd nerfs but they should not have this hit limit. Why have a duration on the links in the first place if there is also a hit limit?

On a different topic, why is HK cd so much lower than JP? It’s not like you can use it without linked enemies…

Circle 2 - JP10.

When there’s only 2-3 enemies, HK is ready before the link is broken so you can HK mobs again without having to use JP.

Listen, we just did some tests.
Level 5 Joint Penalty = 50 Hits.
Level 14 Joint Penalty = 140 Hits.

Seems to be 10*Level Hits until it breaks.

9 Likes

Ew. More reasons to get higher circles :frowning:

Thx for tests :wink:

,20chars

Off topic but I’ve been curious about Wiz3>Linker combo. In theory, you have a bunch of missiles essentially doing AoE damage. Is it as practical as it seems to be? I was thinking of Wiz3>Linker2>Alche2 for an alchemist build, and just relying on MM+JP combo all the way. I’m gonna play it together with a peltasta friend, so mobbing won’t be an issue at least.

Problem with that is that you’re going to have a lot of down time. Also, having more mobs than what you can link isn’t really a good thing for the Link-MM combo.

22 seconds, to be exact (JP cooldown), during which you can still use autoattack to hit all linked monsters at once (unless you’re using Ignition whose fire proc makes links expire very fast, but at the same time deals tremendous amounts of damage without having to do anything).

Not really a problem.

1. From the viewpoint of aggro: Alone, your max aggro potential is 5 monsters. With a pet, it’s +3 (total of 8). 8 monsters is exactly how many you can link at circle 2.
  2. From the viewpoint of dealing damage to linked/non-linked monsters: after JP+HK, you MM deals damage to all linked monsters tied in a knot, and then moves to other targets. If you position yourself correctly, it’s a guaranteed lot of damage anyway, even if some missiles hit other monsters first.

It’s a nice combo.Quick cast with JP>HK>MM kills monsters quite easy (at least in missions I can keep aggro sometimes).

My only problem is that it can be a bit boring to rely solely on those skills for DPS. I am eagerly awaiting to become a sorc :smiley:
This is only a matter of preference how many buttons do you like to mash and how many different animations do you like to see.

Just keep in mind that I don’t know how the dmg of MM falls off at higher lvls since I am only 112 atm and I am behind on quests (so doing lvl 80 quest). So far MM bounces a lot if there are many monsters and it pretty much clears rooms. Later I suppose it’s not strong enough for that.

Some people also say that wiz 3 is not worth unless you have big cast times or many hard hitting spells (elem/RC). I personally see wiz 3 good also if you plan for rank 8 + dps classes. In this regard it depends on what is your plan with the alch build later.

I have never played alchemist but if I would plan a build for it I would choose between a combination of pyro2 or 3 and link/thaum. My focus would be to add elemental and other bonuses due to the multihit skills and add hits to my autoattack (1 auto = 4 hits with enchant fire, cafrisun, pardoner buff). With link you solve a bit the problem of bouncing fireballs too.

All in all I think the build you want can work, just make sure you can have fun so you don’t burn out.

@kfmc08

Wiz 3 > Linker 2 is not a very good idea for alchemists, it’s a build to get the best on DPS out of your future ranks, which you won’t be doing.

Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc

Wiz > Pyro 2 > Linker 2

Wiz > Pyro 1/2 > Linker 1/2 > Thauma 1/2

I’d go with the first one, you have constant damage from templeshooter that is superior when compared to the difference between Pyro 1 and 2.

Linker 2 is very good for parties which is the only way to grind for an alchemist.

I suppose you’re right. Wiz3>Linker2 damage probably won’t cut it once I hit rank 6/7. How about Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Elementalist? As much as Sorc sounds like a good idea, I’m just not keen on playing one.

@kfmc08

Elementlist on it’s first rank gives you almost nothing. You’d be better with Pyro 2 or Link 3 or even Thaumaturge.