Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts on Featherfoot on our current server version

For all the information above, I tested the skills at truffles, my build is Pyro2>Link>Thauma2>Featherfoot. Lvl 227 / 4.

I reached rank 7, and tested some skills of featherfoot, and I am sad to see some elements on the skill that nowhere were I looked into the class informed, so I will leave it here to help future players thinking on going in the class.

Blood Bath - This skill was supposed to be very good, but some its functions are not working, at least according to the videos from kTOS.

First, linked mobs (that are beast, insect, or demon) should all ‘bleed’ from the skill, taking damage and generating the pool of recovering blood. This is not happening right now. When you link a mob, and use Blood Bath on 1 target, only the target will generate the pool of recovering HP, and the linked mobs will take the bleed damage only until that mob bleeds.
This sucks right now because with only 1 pool of blood, the recovery of this skill is near useless, and without the latest version of kTOS (where blood bath heals for a % of the damage caused, and not a fixed number), the skill turns into a subpar damaging skill (weak for a rank 7 skill, and the bleed is fixed 5s duration on all levels).

Blood Sucking - Think on Pressure Point. It’s exactly the same. Wait, no its not. Its a little worse.
You need to be NEAR the mob to use it. This is important! And of course, the channeling cancels if you are hit. In defense of the skill, the mob can go away from where you are casting, that you will still cause damage, and steal HP is the mob is from the right type. The damage is very good, and the healing factor is good to compensate. However, the lack of information that you need to be near the mobs to use it is making me considering starting a new character with Wiz 3 for Surespell/ QuickCast.
I see that many Featherfoots on videos get away with it because Hangman Knot nerf don’t exist in kTOS, and they are able to hold the mobs for 5-15s to use their skills (And I dont understand why we still have different fucntioning skills there and here).

Nghahundi - This skills is great, but not the way you think it is. The damage is very bad for a rank 7 skill, and its melee, but the cooldown is very short, and the best part, the Decay effect.
The decay effect described at the skill says it raises damage from missile. What it does not says, is that the raise is actually double damage from missiles. Since my partner in leveling is as archer, this is skills have being our leveling bread and butter. Luckly, the Decay effect spreads with link, and the duration of the debuff is basically the cooldown of the skill,so you can link, stab the mobs with Nghahundi, and enjoy your fellow archer destroy everything.
Important to know, Decay does not affect bosses (or at least they are very very resistant to it). Tested in many siauliai missions.
EDIT: A video showing Decay effect from Nghahundi doubling missile damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDpfhElOL9c

Bone Pointing - PvE wise, this skill is very useless. It have its uses thought. Mobs will agro it, like spikes for QS and flags from Corsair, and it applies the curse status from Bokor (that also spreads if the target is linked). So if you have a friend Bokor, they will enjoy not having to use Pandemic to hex all the mobs, and can dish out their damage.

Kurdaitcha - The main reason to have this skill is to have its attribute, that at max level, gives 3% chance to cause double damage to targets cursed by this skills or any other methods (that should include Bone Pointing). Not surprisinly, this skill is the one I have tested the least. The double damage chance never seems to activate, and if the description of the attribute is correct, you would be better cursing enemies with Bone Pointing, because the upkeep of it is far better.

I would love to see if any other Featherfoot at higher levels could give more insight of the skills, because as it is right now, the nerf from linker to hold monsters and spread the bleed effects hurt the class pretty bad.

8 Likes

Thank you for your detailed explanation. It is very helpful since there are not many FF posts here. I am curious, with your current build, how do you find when doing solo (PVE), DG, grinding etc? Can you still do it comfortably? Do you still rely on your Pyro skills most of the time (i.e. do the atk scale well)?

If you are considering to re-roll the character, are you going to make W3 L3 FF?

I just arrived the high ranking maps, but soloing is a big challenge. I can solo truffles at Elemeth, but is very demanding. Without the hangman knot mechanic of kTOS, I barely have time to bleed or drain blood from them. I do relly on my pyro skills until now (and they do scale well with Thauma), but survival have become a big issue, and I changed my arde for a betteback, which reduced my damage a lot. I do survive much better now. Nahash Forest, Cranto Coast and the Ellos map are almost impossible to solo. Vera Coast was fine.

For soloing, Blood Bath gives you another damage source, and that helps, but without all mobs bleeding, healing from it is not possible. Blood Sucking is wonderful but hard to use because I dont have Surespell, It became a gimmick skill that I use t heal 2k hp at most from unaware/sleeping mobs.

I like my class thought, and would reroll W3 L1 Thauma 2 again. (Basically to turn Blood Sucking usable with Sleep 15 and Surespell). I see no benefits from linker 2 or 3 until hangman knot get like kTOS again (or kTOS gt this nerf, so things becme balanced)

1 Like

Was doing daily missions for lvl9 cards (no longer good for levelling but why not), made a short video about lvl271 FF in Maven Abby.

Nice vid. But I saw the great difference that you have and that make soling incredibly easy. You have Surespell. Your Blood Sucking is no issue in causing damage and recovering life. My build unfortunately don’t have that, and I have to get around with the Lvl 5 Sleep or unaware mobs for a good hp recover.

Still, I decided to take most of my rank choices (linker thauma), and changed my Arde for a Bettleback, and my survivability increased a lot. Still a pain to level, but not a impossible mission anymore because I can stand near mobs now to spam spells.

Thank you for the post, very usefull information

Yo

I am planning to go Wiz3 L 3 FF. What you said that you don’t see point of going L2/3 let me save your next char :slight_smile:

Source: Joint Penalty Hit/Damage limit

What is driving me to this build is that i really believe this build won’t change much will be very future proof, and I hope featherfoot will get some balance changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a lover of Linker, Im happy to see this and say go ahead linker3. Im just frustrated by the nerf that only us in iToS have on Hangman Knot.That drived me away from the build I did in the beta, and tried to make another kind of support (thauma2).

That’s exactly why I insist that taking FF without Wiz2 makes no sense.

My survivability increased a lot after I put on 4 plate armor pieces. Unfortunately, I lost a little bit of MDef, which I had to compensate for by upgrading my bracelets and necklace, still it’s not enough as some mage mobs hit me with simple magic attacks for 1600-1900 hp. I doubt Beetleback is going to counter that magic damage efficiently, basically it only gives +40 Def and 1600 hp.

Call me uninformed, but I didn’t knew that Blood Sucking was melee range when I started my character. Actually I didn’t knew until I was up way into rank 7 and put a point in it. Otherwise I would have got Surespell for sure (heh, I did a joke.).

Well, doubt again. I think you forgot to put it up Swell Right Arm into that. That’s why I said I am trying to take the most of my class choices. With 3 cloth pieces and 1 plate, when I changed to Beetleback, my damage went down specially because of Swell Right Arm, but the boost it gave me in PDef and MDef were ridiculous. I went from taking 2k to 300 from some mobs. Then I went ahead and gone 2 plates 2 cloths and it went down to 1.
All maps from alemeth to ellos became soloable. Even igti coast. (Using 2-2 because I have a very good cloth boots with gems right now, and I prefer that benefit from the -5% damage and increased HP/Evasion. This may change in future).
Still, I already started a new mage, and its already in Wiz3-link1. Will probably go for Link2 - something - FF this time.

What are the exact numbers of Def & MDef before and after you cast Swell Right Arm?
I have 411 Def, 417 MDef without any buffs.

Im at work right now, so I can give you exact numbers when I arrive home. But my Swell Right Arm is at lvl 5 attribute lvl 45. It should give me raw +211 Pdef and Mdef.

211 Mdef. Can’t get that so easily from equipments.

Using +5 Beetleback and both plate armor and plate pants from lvl 170.

lvl 232 - 105 CON, 366 INT, 50 SPR

393 Def, 289 MDef without buffs
604 Def, 500 Mdef with Swell Arm lvl 5 (Attribute lvl 45)
At attribute lvl 50, it would be +15 Def/MDef.

Kinda low magic defense even buffed, maybe because Im still using a magic talisman, zachariel bangle and wizard bracelet.

Yep, I got rid of zachariel, using superior gem bracelet instead.

Surespell makes it easy, but it’s not mandatory and the people who think it is, I’m sorry to say, are either unimaginative or unskilled. I’m a 252 cryo3 kino linker ff and have no trouble getting consistent bloodsuckings off against mob packs using frost pillar and link, or against bosses by starting the channel as they run past me (if I don’t have aggro) or from a safety zone if I do

You have cryo3, that must help a lot in your blood sucking schemes. And I agree, maybe in your case, you dont need surespell,but in my build I was having serious problems (pyro2, thauma2, link). My opportunities where mib mobs trapped in fire pillar, lvl 5 sleeps and unaware mobs.