Tree of Savior Forum

Job/reset vote(poll)

The forum community that visits the forums every day and is generally knowledgeable about the game doesn’t make mistakes with their builds and doesn’t want a reset because it would only help others and not them? How surprising! Many will change their tune when real balance patches start hitting our version and they suddenly realize that they need the reset to fix problems they didn’t (and couldn’t) plan for, but that’s going to take some time.

If you want to survey the whole playerbase, it has to be done through IMC and their official channels. Ideally it would be an in-game poll that everyone sees and participates in. Then we can go from there and talk about the benefits and the drawbacks of a reset. Asking here will always yield the kind of biased poll results you got and stifle any discussion before it can take off and become constructive.

It also needs to be a little more complex than a simple yes/no question. I would vote for a limited reset that gives people a sense of security going forward, because I think that’s a great idea, but I would vote against a full and easy reset that only encourages laziness. Sadly, the distinction between the two is lost on most and so we have to wade through a tribe of angry baboons screaming for no reset every time the question is brought up.

People on the forums are afraid that the game will turn too casual, and that’s certainly a valid concern, but they stop there and don’t think any further. The rigidity of the class system will become a very real problem in the near future. Covering our eyes and wishing the problem away is not going to work.

1 Like

You people should play another game that holds your hand through everything instead of trying to change a game into something it wasn’t meant to be.

1 Like

Please stop making this threads OMFG. Go plan and use ur brain to do so when building ur character and u are good to go. The only possible reason to even think about a job/class reset is after new ranks implementation, and even so, it should not be a FULL reset, cause this is just retarded.

Play what u enjoy, cause after all, if u are whining here for job reset u never gonna be a great player anyway no matter how great of a copycat you are.

1 Like

So your saying knowledgeable players should not be rewarded. And new players should not have to go through a learning experience.

Thats sounds like the exact opposite of every thing i know.

3 Likes

That is absolutely not what I’m saying. I support rewarding knowledgeable players for the effort they spent in order to become knowledgeable. What I’m saying is that the current system punishes the rest too harshly, which is not good game design. Can’t we have a system that makes the game fun to play without all the frustration and then work on making it more rewarding for the dedicated players?

And that’s only small part of the problem. The inability to predict and prepare for future patches is the real issue and I fail to understand how people can be so dismissive about it.

And with major re balances Ktos gives out stat/skill resets. I imagine we will be similar. So if one skill gets nerfed you can change to another that should be enough, you chose those classes.

NO. fvcking lazy people keep asking for resets. why dont you just create a new one? too lazy?

Because most players are expecting to have to create multiple characters when new classes and content will be added later? Why do you see it as a problem that you might not be able to get everything on your first character? What’s the bid deal if they add another class option and your current build is only good for continuing on the same job to C2 when rank 8 comes out? Your character didn’t just suddenly disappear or become completely useless even if some stronger combination is found. To me it just means that there will be more content to play in future. Or are people complaining about this matter only planning to play couple of months at most? (If yes, then your opinion shouldn’t even matter.)

And many reset supporters seem to be afraid their characters will be nerfed to the ground, instead of getting just balanced to other classes’ level. Why is that? Do you have anything to support your fears? Are there some currently completely unplayable classes that were overly good previously? And I mean really unplayable, not just slightly worse than some other classes? I’m aware swordies in general are under powered currently but this will be balanced eventually.

What if the skill that is getting nerfed was the main reason for picking that class in the first place?

Finally, a sensible argument. Thanks for that. Yes, the character won’t disappear, but if you only want to change a thing or two about it after a major patch and leave the rest intact, the new one will effectively replace the old. You won’t be returning to the weaker version of it.

As for future content; hey, we all love more content in the game to spend time on. But do we really want to use this time to do the things we’ve already done over and over and over again? Wouldn’t we rather spend it on real new content?

I just want to take a moment to say that I do not mind rerolling a character right now. Although I don’t fancy the idea of needlessly wasting time, I can imagine doing a reroll if I was truly unhappy with a character. But I don’t think I’ll be rerolling at lvl 600 or close to it. Will you?

Can’t think of one, but that’s no guarantee it won’t happen.

Then your character got balanced and more on par with the average. It’s a good thing :slight_smile:

O no your character got balanced to be on par with everyone else? Darn now your only as good as the majority.

One of the strongest arguments against class reset is that people would be repicking their classes after every patch to suit the new meta.

If you assume a balanced game, that argument is off the table and people will just play whatever the hell they enjoy playing. Are you prepared to give it up? I would welcome that. Balanced game is what I want, be it with or without a class reset.

But this is about more than just balance. It’s about important skills being adjusted not only up or down, but sideways, changing how they work, their synergy with other classes and the enjoyment people get out of playing the combination. You can act nonchalantly about it now, but people will get riled up if their favourite build’s playstyle is radically altered by a patch. Even those that are against class reset.

Well I didn’t mean there wouldn’t be any deviation from the average. Balanced in a sense that one class or skill wouldn’t create too over powered build(s). Balanced doesn’t mean equal DPS and people would abuse any reset systems to level up fast and then switching to pvp build. Meaning the least work but still getting the highest benefits. You can clearly see that the skills/classes have been tried to design in a way that some are harder to level up but they’ll pay up more later in game. So you need to get some insight how you want to play through and where you want to get in the end with each character. And I personally think this is just pure awesome.

And currently the game isn’t balanced so giving resets would lead to no brainer attitude where every window licker would be just as good as you without giving any thought how to come up with interesting and good build. Good players should be better and putting some effort should be rewarded as it makes the game more interesting to play.

In other words, the answer to QQers’ question of “Why can’t I be as good as you? :cry:” should be: “Because I thought, studied and planned more stuff beforehand than you.” Instead of: “I used more p2w items and resetted to the latest build someone else found to be so good. lulz why u so poor?”

And yes, this question should exist in the first place and not everyone should be equal because competition is, to some degree, part of any mmorpg, except some hellokitty onlines. So free resets, rainbows and ice cream for everyone should never be an option either. The less you need to think, the more boring the game becomes.

Don’t worry, this isn’t my first mmo. The same with many who are against this idea I think. I’ve seen it happen to my favourite character (or even to my favourite tanks :yum:) few times but getting them balanced didn’t render them unplayable (excluding wakfu where all the classes expect two got heavily nerfed to cause FOTM effect and force people starting new characters when the developers decided to keep the absurd imbalance between different classes). I still enjoyed playing them because I usually choose characters based on their playstyle instead of what is the most powerful class at the moment. Or more like I’ll study what works the best in a game and then try to compromise and change the playstyle to more to my liking if needed.

Grow up a pair and accept you need to keep up putting the effort if you want to keep up with those no-lifers who play all day every day. I can deal with the fact that I can’t but I can still be better than average because the current system encourages using your brain and planning ahead instead of being helpless crybaby who wants everything right away.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.