Tree of Savior Forum

Japanese Voices Disappeared after Recent Updates

I’ve been using the Japanese voices for awhile now, and upon this previous update or the one before that, all the characters have gone mute.
Going back to the Korean (or default) voices though, those are still intact.

Were the Japanese voices completely removed from access/from the game now?

Meanwhile, please no discussion of JP voice preferences or bashing or something here. This is not the topic for such rants.

1 Like

yes, its terminated.i read another complain somewhere else

I still miss omikuji yataaaaaa!! buff, the complain was in the patch note topic I guess
we had to see what happen monday-tuesday patchnotes or in a future

Japanese voices where the best, i dont know why they remove em from the game
@GM_Francis why did you remove em from the game?

The Jap voices got kidnapped by the actual japanese server.

1 Like

they delete data about jp, kr lang

i think thats why

1 Like

noticed this too… now i can’t remember how to bring back the korean voices :rofl:

Ohh, so that was from the January 7 patchnote. I kinda missed it.
Oddly enough, the JP voice was still around after that time. It’s only from Jan14 or 21 that the voices were removed. Hmm…

@Winterwood {SteamGames Directory}\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\user.xml, blank out Japanese in Language="Japanese".

Being a Miko myself, I’m gonna miss that, toooo

2 Likes

noticed that too. and i actually prefer the JP voices since i can’t stand how… SCREAMY the default ones are.

Digging kinda further, it maaay have something to do with Nexon ending service term to provide Tree of Savior, I guess? With that, it then prolly ends their usage terms of the seiyuu/Japanese voice actors/actresses. [Nexon ToS End-of-Service page]

It’s now (back to?) IMC providing the service. [IMC ToS Homepage | Steam ToSjp Store Page (needs VPN?)] 'Prolly decided to use just the KR voices as well, but I can’t verify that.

So, JP voice is gone forever now ?

It’s kinda funny how silent my characters are now and not just screaming out skill names every time they’re used like this is some generic shounen anime.

the jap voices are no longer in itos sound.ipf

Oh no, is there maybe someway to mod it?

maybe someone should made a addon or mod with the jap voices like some people do on other games

It was done already years ago, so it’s definitely possible.

I was made a jpvoice addon up to rebuild patch.

I try doing it again with rebuild voice but it is not working it might be due to an outdate jp voice file
if anyone here can provide me a new jp voice patch file then I will give it a try (but I think it most likely not work…)

2 Likes

From the jap client. (Pre-4Ever update)

1 Like

OK ty I will try it.

Sadly it’s still doesn’t work it seem like game client refuse to use jp voice file altogether.
I don’t know it is not working due to patch different or they added some code to prevent global client to use jp voice at all.