Tree of Savior Forum

A way to make iTOS use new JTOS voices?

Japan server has new voices.

Change user.xml “language= japanese” just make the characters use the old japanese voices.

Is there a way to make iTOS use the new japanese TOS voices?

They are way cuter and the vocalization is better.

3 Likes

You can download the new voice on ktos thread and replace the file on tos folder.

The question would be which files are the voice ones.

Damn i will like to know it too

That download link somehow got removed.
I’d re-up it if I still have the file but mine got replaced with standard iToS’s voice file again after verifying my files after the recent VGA fiasco.

i wonder if people would get VAC banned by this

People have been doing it for almost a year now, even more if we add the whole CBT period.
Heck, I even change my loading screens to anime and some other game’s wallpapers.

Please do let me know if know the link to the new JP voice files and how to replace them with the old jp voice files the game still has.

I second this but waiting for someone to upload the new voice files :grin:

I tried to replace but still get the old voice :frowning:

4 Likes

is that file from JTos “data” folder ? if yes then that file only contain the old japanese voices.

Yes.

Tell me where new voices are and I’ll upload it.

EDIT: Ok, after a little investigation, I found out that iTOS “data” folder contains “global.ipf” while jTOS foler contains “jp.ipf”. I’ll upload it just in case.

Do we change the file name to global and replace it? I did that and still the old jp voices. :frowning:

The new voice is packed inside patch 144828. I guess you’ll have to extract and repack the whole soundbank into new ipf to get it works in iTOS.

the jp.ipf contain user interface.
the voices are stored in file “sound.ipf”, but the game load game data from “data” folder then game data from “patch” folder.
so all gamedata from “data” folder got overriden by game data from “patch” folder.
the latest “sound.ipf” is on “144828_001001.ipf”, but the file contain not only sound data, but backgound, texture, ui, etc and the size is 1 GB lol.

1 Like

That’s what I feared. So it is linked to a patch.

Is it hard to do it? D:

you can extract the file using tools, like IPF Suite or ipf extractor

Got it. I have the suite.

Yo dawg. I heard u like packing, so I put .ipf inside your .ipf so that you could pack while you pack.

.ipf https://i.gyazo.com/49305ee6de5b8e808358d6d58be17376.png
4 Likes