Tree of Savior Forum

Is Tree of Savior worth getting back into?

Hello everyone, I’m a player from a long time ago, during beta test and when the game first launched. I’m looking for a game that’ll take my mind off of my failure in another game, so I’m considering getting back into Tree of Savior. I’m aware of Re:Build, and I also heard a few months back of some of the issues that plagued the game such as bots, bad optimization, low population, etc. So I’d like to ask those that still play if the issues have been fixed, if the game is still fun, and generally if the game is worth getting back into and why?

What game are you coming from?

Tree of Savior is a very cute gambling simulator with sub-par optimization. The performance is nowhere near western polished MMORPGs/Dungeon Crawlers. Yet I play. Almost everything is a bit laggy, combat-wise, so it kinda just gives a clunky, but bearable feel.

7 Likes

If u are into long term beta testing games, this is the one for u
We have enough updates with such drastic changes that somehow keep us entertained till now, even with the problems u mentioned before

4 Likes

Well I’m not coming from an MMORPG, it’s from a rhythm game called osu. I have a better GPU since the last time I played ToS, but I suppose that wouldn’t matter much if the optimization still isn’t great? It’d have to be more bearable this time around though, it was pretty bad back when I used to play. I’ve played my fair share of gacha games as well, so I’m not new to gambling, although, I heard it’s been frustrating a lot of players. Does it have to do with enhancement/gaining equipment or something? I don’t remember clearly.

Lmao, well that’s quite a way to put it. ToS has always had a charm to it with the art style and music, which keeps me wanting to come back but I just haven’t committed to doing that yet. It’s good to hear they’re still trying to actively improve the game though with changes to the game instead of just abandoning it?

There are also attempts at optimization patches and there is new content, they are planning to finish the story of the questline, since the new quests are considered “Episode 11” the next big update will likely end the first main story of the quests, maybe even the final story of the game.

If you like anime and character creation, the game is still worth trying/spending some time on.

Yea, tree of savior is the most fun online game I’ve ever played. Downside is the game has quite a few bugs, glitches, and some annoying feature like items become untradeable if you trade it without using a token.

It’s weird, even with all those glitches and stuff, the population of this game is still quite high.

Most things are tolerable now. Except they are sneakly pushing the p2w line.

3 Likes

play casually, and you won’t have to worry for failures :satisfaction:

7 Likes

Find yourself a guild that suits your needs and give it a test run. Can’t hurt!

2 Likes

also depends what class you are using from way back… the feeling will be different now after all the dev experiments

nope… new events don’t give love to low level players… haha

well u r too late for sprouts event. better wait another year for a good event. dont even bother with p2w event we currently have.

pretty fun to play with a group of friends, leveling is way easier that it used to be. you can get 390 in a week playing casually. best bet to have fun is level a bit and then find a nice guild. i play casually so i usually call up some friends for some questing or dungeons runs when ever we are all free. been enjoying this mmo way more than the several others ive played before

Then try the game again. I’d suggest scraping what you had (if you still got chars that somehow survived from that era) and restart a character from scratch. As a returning player, you will get a lot of aids in the form of booster packs (exp tomes, free equipment, vouchers…).

No idea what server you’ll choose, but I think there are way less bots now.

In fact I’d say it’s actually good now, especially since a recent patch where actors are redrawn all at once when you enter a map instead of one by one when you enter LoS.

It’s fine. You don’t need 10000 people online to enjoy a game, and you’ll quickly see that some events are not meant to be played 100 vs 100 :wink:

Overall the game is still enjoyable. At least when they fix all the bugs they introduce after each patch :slight_smile:

Oh? Is that how it is? We get one big/good event per year? I forgot what we had last year then. But man, this sprouts event is a steal! So many good stuff. Too bad I didn’t get to utilize the last 2k sprouts I saved (we had early maintenance which was before I can get home XD).

If you don’t have other MMO you want to try, i think TOS is, in the very least, more enjoyable (currently) than what is was before.

The devs do periodical optimization, however, every few updates later, the optimization seems to get undone. I will still daresay the game runs better now than before.

Else, maybe you can try other new games.

I tried going back to the other older games i used to play. But one is sooooo unoptimized, and p2w (IMO) as hell, and the other one is so grindy - i really don’t mind the grind but i don’t have much free time now unlike before. So in the end i chose TOS.

After this recent patch … think twice … I myself is thinking of making a hiatus >.> … again …

1 Like

Short answer: No

Long answer: I think there’s still a lot to enjoy in ToS, but the bad outweighs it imo.
The amount of effort you have to put in for little/no gain is quite high at times… so if you tryhard mmos, you might want to figure out your deal-breakers for what you’re willing to put up with.

BUT if you don’t care about that and you just want to chill and take your time, you can probably find something to enjoy. It still has an endearing quality to it.

2 Likes

First of all, I’d like to thank all of you that took the time to reply to my thread. I’d like to reply to every single one of you, but unfortunately I think that would be a bit too much for a single post. What I can say though is that after thinking about it more and looking around, as well as reading your posts, I will probably try the game again.

Now, I’ve been taking the time recently to search around for build information and such, and I’m seriously considering going Priest > Diev > Miko. Since Miko is my favorite class based on it’s design and theme, I think it’s the best choice for me, even more so since that build seems to be quite strong at the moment. However, the thing is, I generally prefer solo play. You won’t see me going out of my way to find a guild to join, but I would consider joining a guild if asked. For this reason, I’m not sure if Priest > Diev > Miko is good for playing solo. If anyone could enlighten me, that would be great. I’ve also been considering an archer build since I really like Pied Piper, or a build like Ranger > Falconer > Mergen, but Miko is my favorite, so I think a cleric build is the best choice.

6 Likes