Tree of Savior Forum

Introducing the Fan-Made Database/Skill Simulator

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to mention that the database has been already updated with today’s patch ^^

4 Likes

Hello guys, a new update has been deployed yesterday, here’s the changelog:

[New] Added global search at the top - you can search for ClassID, ClassName, Title, Description and Book text
- Desktop and Mobile design
- Even faster and more advanced than the previous implementation
- Includes keyboard navigation and tooltip
- Supports searching in Japanese for jTOS
- Supports searching in Korean for kTOS and kTEST
[Fix] Improved navbar design on some weird screen configurations
[Fix] You can no longer navigate when the database hasn’t yet finished loading
[Fix] You can now switch region at the homepage

5 Likes

Hello everyone, just wanted to say the database has been updated for kTEST Re:Build.
There are still some rough edges, more specifically:

• Skill levelling is broken
  • Simulator will come later today
  • Some class GIFs are missing
  • Formulas for equipment, skills and monsters should have been automatically updated.

Clear your cache to make sure you’re seeing the latest version

3 Likes

the link in the first post doesn’t work on my side (404 error), you might want to post a link that works again in this topic

edit : just trying https://tos.guru gives me a blank page as well, nothing seems to be loading

About an hour ago my hosting server messed up and the deployment was incomplete. It should be fixed by now. Sorry for the incovenience

indeed, seems to be working, takes some time to load though

1 Like

To propagate the patch quicker I purged all Cloudfare’s cache, so it will take some time to cache everything again

I have the same problem, love it but it’s super slow :frowning:

any advice to make it load faster and stuff?_?

It should only be slow on the first load, then all future loads should be faster.
Unless you have caching disabled on your browser…
These past few days i’ve been causing a ton of load with all the new releases, so maybe it will stabilize.

If it remains slow ping me, as my goal is to make it always as fast as possible.
Also, can you compare it with github? Thanks

1 Like

Also, a 90% working kTEST simulator has been released today ^^

1 Like

I whitelisted it from all I could find, hope that fixes things in the future :blush:

Hello everyone, over the last days I’ve been updating the database every day, with the latest patches and some improvements. Here are the changes:

• [Fixed] You can no longer pick the base class multiple times
  • [Fixed] You can again select Rank 8 classes as the 1st pick
  • [Fixed] Attribute unlock and Skill tooltips have been fixed for all attributes/skills
  • [Fixed] 1.0 build no longer works on 2.0 simulator and vice versa
  • [Fixed] Chaplain is no longer considered a Secret class.
  • [Fixed] ‘Summon’-like skills have been purged from all databases.
  • [Fixed] Re:Build Simulator builds are again able to be shared around
  • [Improved] When no more skill points are available, and you left click a skill at level < levelMax, it now goes back to 0.
  • [Improved] Added ‘Usable by Scout’ icon to equipment tooltip and detail pages
  • [Improved] Updated cards’ frames to the latest design.
  • [New] Added Stats to Re:Build Simulator

There were probably even more bug fixes in the mean time, but these are the ones I’ve noted xD
Thanks to everyone who has been helping testing the new simulator and providing feedback ;D

7 Likes

is it normal for the stats to go down on the 3rd class selection of ktest?_?

I was testing my Scout > Enhancer > Assassin > Corsair, but when I go from Assassin to corsair the stat points go down :confused:

The total number of stats is constant. But depending on which classes you choose, the stat points are distributed differently

1 Like

2018-12-06
[Updated] kTOS is now on Re:Build
[Updated] Updated iTOS, jTOS, kTOS and kTEST to the latest versions

tos.guru has been updated with the latest patches of each region ;D kTOS is now on Re:Build as well
It will finish deploying over the next hours. Until then, some links may crash when opening

4 Likes

Just replying to you here from the other thread.

I don’t understand what you mean by having the context being lost. You’d be showing a page of search results, it’s what people usually expect when they search for something.

When I hit enter in a search bar, I expect something to “happen” so to speak. But with this, I have to actually search, but then also begin scrolling through if there’s a long list to find what I actually want.

Normally, if I’m brought to a search page, if I’m not 100% sure or there are multiple entries, I can right click the possible options, then open them in new tabs. Oops, grabbed the wrong one, close tab, move onto the next. Just old internet habits. So scrolling through a list in a drop down feels weird.

2 Likes

Issue with search is it has minimal filtering options.

-You cannot filter for anything you’re looking for. I can’t sort items by a specific type, etc (consumables, pet eggs).
-Searching by name often doesn’t give you what you’re looking for.

The old search was better than this in that you could filter the list through a multitude of options. With this, the website takes longer to load and I usually can’t find the item I’m looking for. If you don’t remember the name of it, you won’t be able to find it, as that’s the only option available with this search. This is on top of the bugs that cause the dropdown to stay on the page.

Examples:

Two handed mace doesn’t show up.

Still doesn’t show up.

Even after searching for a specific item name, not only is it not the first result so I have to look through a list to find it, but tons of other items show up that don’t match.

Then there are issues with finding a specific entry.

I searched demon lord zaura looking for his card. I get every other monster with the name demon lord in it, including some random item into the middle of the list, but zero cards.

Even if I change the right filter to “Cards”, it doesn’t update the list… I have to redo the search for it to show the card. This filter also only supports whatever items are there, so it’s very limited, I can’t filter by anything more specific (consumables, pet eggs, etc).

Searching for the full name of the card eventually brings it up, but again, in the middle, and despite all these random results, I don’t even get the regular Zaura Card itself.

The search also doesn’t show class names, neither in the dropdown or the tooltip. There are lots of “Zaura” monsters… which one is the field boss? Have to guess by looking at its stats or click through every single one.

This is just a few examples. A restoration of the old filtering functionality would be greatly appreciated, or a more straight forward search that just searches for names and returns results. The dropdown is extremely limited, provides very few results unless you spam load more and scroll through a large unsorted list looking for a specific thing, and barely supports any further filtering. It also returns lots of results that have minimal to zero relation to what you searched for, often in a higher priority than what should be the first result and what you’re actually looking for.

That’s my feedback. I agree with the sentiment that I’d rather just be taken to a separate page and be able to have more options. One search for the entire site is important and nice, tos neet did this too, but the information it returned and the ability to filter was much more user friendly. Searching for things is a hassle and takes longer than it should.

6 Likes

Oh wow, thanks for the super detailed feedback @crevox ;D I have some good news. When trying your queries I noticed that I had a small bug on my query builder, which led to it almost ignoring the last word entered. As soon as I fixed it, it started showing your intended results quite early in the query.

I’ve deployed a new update with this bug fix.

@crevox Regarding the feedback that you provided regarding the filtering, when I revamped the search, I started using a more powerful search engine (used for searching text inside books, etc.), and my reasoning was, if the search is powerful enough and returns what you’re looking for right away, then filtering won’t be necessary.

I have in the pipeline (for not that far in the future) to revisit the current filtering system, and expand it in a way so you can filter by practically any column. The original plan was to build this independently from the search, and would sit in the list pages (e.g. the equipment list page).

So… please try the ‘fixed’ search and tell me if you still need more filtering on the search, or if I can go with my original idea.

@Csiko hmm I tried this dropdown idea to also follow some of the new design trends (for example, Facebook and Twitch use this). You can still right click the items to open in a new tab, and maybe I could remove the load more button and ‘automatically’ load more when you reached the bottom when scrolling.

I should also note that when I originally implemented the new search, I still hadn’t developed a generic table component, so it would require a ton of work for me to implement yet another list page for the search results. The good news is that recently I’ve finally built that component (as you can check on the tables inside the detail pages, which now have more complex columns)

I guess I can revisit this topic again in the future, but currently the pipeline is quite full… Offline version, remove the initial loading time, advanced filtering, more datasets (monster skills, maps, NPC locations, global drops, buffs), etc… Next month I’ll work on making my roadmap public so people can help voting on the priorities ;D

In the meantime, please try the new improved search accuracy ^^

3 Likes

Thanks, good luck and don’t overdo it.