Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: AoE, Multi-hit, Swordsman/Archer Trees

Today we would like to continue our Intense Balancing series with another round of general combat and also class-specific changes we have in the works, this time geared towards the Archer and Swordsman class trees.

6 Likes

my 1st impression of this update

NSFW

Girl + vending machine My trying to be funny :wink:

Yay updates! <3 from imc with values to work with. yessss
thx guys for trying

2 Likes

Wow… those spear class buffs look really good.

I kind of expected the circling changes.
Falc3 changes seems promising.
BUT WHERE THE FCK IS HUNTER CHANGES.
Thank you.

1 Like

I know what would be increased but just to make sure, do please translate stuff properly.

50% what? SP cost? Duration? Damage?(probably this one but who knows)…

I’d assume Damage…however…you have a point… we might get IMC’d assuming the wrong things.
but going based off context clues, i’d again assume damage…

1 Like

Might be even skill lvls but that would be op as hell

Well my linker cried a little
|Falcon 1 Mergen I have will have to reset (but wanted to do that anyway) as Homing Combo will not work anymore
But wanted to change him to QS3Falcon3Bm1 Anyway what seems will be blast to play :slight_smile:

Edit My catagoon going to be very happy (cata 3)

1 Like

homing combo wont work? explain as i want to be a mergen after i can advance.

Well atm I cast circling at bunch of mobs, release homing arrows 5 per each target (so it can reach hundreds of hits with big enough group)
After patch it will hit 5 times number of targets depending on your AoE ratio apparently

hmm i see. that sounds really cool. Give it a try before u reset. who knows it might be stronger than you think :smiley:

Edit number of arrows to correct value ;3

nice copy-paste with future update for nothing

The Hoplite changes are fantastic, and should allow it to have competitive damage, Stabbing is more usable now, Pierce is actually good, Long Stride has some actual damage behind it, and turning Spear Lunge into a 20sec CD helps a lot with class synergy. Great changes for a class that needed it.

Cataphract should actually play a bit like a mobile class now as it should, good changes, my only concern is damage still especially now that Hoplite received a buff. It shouldn’t deal as much damage, but it should probably deal more.

The Dragoon changes are going to be pretty insane. Dragon Soar, combined with the C3 attribute, is going to deal unreal damage, and will be a contender for highest damage skill in the game. Dragontooth should see some use, and saw necessary changes in the cast time reduction, I also like the idea of 1H Spears and 2H Spears having different effects, cool idea. Dethrone being more fluid is nice, and fits with the debuff heavy class. I’d like to see Serpentine have more use other than it being a 1 point skill, and Gae Bulg needs its target improved, but these are great changes that will help with the imbalances Dragoon has faced, especially in its earlier circles.

5 Likes

i hoped for some effect attribute at fencer class :tired: sadly no

3 Likes

Walking dragoon will be monster again

But I like my spear user mounted (from old RO times ;3)

1 Like

NERF GOONS
RETURN MY MEME

#BALANCING

Where is “balance” in this goon change
:tired:

1 Like

So Catagoon will be something like this ? Even after buff I do not like Dragoontooth as it roots you in place during use

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777fff.4a5a6575.153545.11283f415a65.213d4f5a7581

I know sword 3 is preferable but I like to use shield and spear when in party :slight_smile:

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444fff.4f5f6a85.1f253f546571.213d4f5a7581

Foot dragon would be total monster though, maybe better going Gun Ho in his case now thinking about how fast he would burn trough those 30 hits of concentrate

Hackapell grind cutter is not “true” multi-hit as it is not listed in the table. Rip hacka dps dreams

true multi hit means what though? i didn’t quite understand what the difference between true multi hit… and non

Speaking of Falconer:
Changes to Pheasant are good, let’s see if the C3 attributes really work or it’s a poor version of Frost Pillar
New C3 Hawk Hunter attribute, Finally
Roost may be good now, seems a nice buff while defending objects or doing challenge mode.

Circling previously lasted for 10 seconds not 20, and the AoE def reduction to 1 means we need more AoE Attack ratio now, Centaur cards are going to be pricy

Pre-Emptive Strike lvl5 adds 50% more damage on Hovering and SS, but i don’t understand if casting it means it’s gonna drain SP like crazy.