Tree of Savior Forum

Infinite party members, unbreakable weapon upgrades, druid transform crashing channels, etc etc

Reading this killed whatever love I had left for the game.

13 Likes

Perhaps transforming to a certain type of mob in town and using their skill crashes the game? Just thinking aloud~

and then if GM try to ask them or people begin to question about it, they just try to decreased their potential and post the proof

:joy_cat:

This is like the old times again.
Send silver to other people, crash the server/channel, roll back, voilaa double amount of money, rinse and repeat.
To all respective staff of IMC this must be dealed ASAP or the game will collapse.

I suggest the minimal punishment for exploiting this bug is INVENTORY WIPE except costume or TP shop item as you need to instill the fear of not repeating this behavior again also as an example to other people to not try to exploit the system fault further.

3 Likes

this bug happened very long time ago
every effort that players report about it are decline, reject by the abuser and even GM/Mod them self

and this is an broken breaking exploit

i have no more hope for this game at the moment
but still hope that they just close the server, try to make it better and re-release after like 1-2 years later and make everything fresh

i 'd like it better than trying to fix this shietty situation right now
but i’m sure 100% that they will not doing it :joy_cat:

5 Likes

Do you mean the bug mentioned in this post (known issue 3)? Known Issues - June 1st

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

inb4 massive ban wave leaves klap with 200 players

also most of those are on here

this has been going on for a long time

1 Like

4 Likes

[quote=“Nekorin, post:18, topic:313564”]
Not all player data will be updated to the main database everytime. Most of the time they will be held in the channel data until the next “cron job” comes around to pick up the data and updates the database. Crashing the channel (hence making the data corrupted) will make the periodic update skip that ‘corrupt moment in time’.[/quote]
WTF if that’s the true i wonder who programmed such a stupid and exploitable system. Shouldn’t all important character data be updated in the database (almost) immediately? What would be the advantage of a system that only updates every, say, 10 minutes?

Wouldn’t that also allow silver exploits?

1. CharA gives CharB 100 million silver
  2. CharA stays in channel while CharB warps away, spending the money
  3. CharA quickly crashes the channel, getting his silver back while CharB, since he is not in the channel anymore, keeps the items be bought with the money

Alternatively:

1. CharA puts 100 million in team storage
  2. CharA crashes channel, getting money back while team storage keeps money

Not sure if that works and i certainly do endorse doing that, i’m just theorizinig and imagining how broken that system might be.

Haha! don’t get me wrong it’s not that i hate white knights, I just can’t stand some people here that endlessly defend a flaw in this game while so many people telling it’s a huge turn off and sometimes an easy fix to solve it, like the quest vs grind unfair exp rate.
Nothing wrong with defending a game you love but don’t become ignorant

4 Likes

3 Likes

They won’t. It’s shown countless time that they react to the forum post much faster than support ticket.

1 Like

[quote=“Sayurichan, post:35, topic:313564, full:true”]

also in mabinogi thats exactly how the infamous martyr guild duped items
except they would crash the entire server

Makes me wonder if they google translate everything written on the forum to Korean like they copy paste lame answers translated to reply bugs :weary:

And the best part is, you don’t need a 3rd party program such as ‘Pake’ here to exploit things.

3 Likes

meanwhile

-Fixed the problem of the hair not moving in a specific situation.

-We will be redistributing channels for efficiency and we plan on monitoring your feedback for optimal results.

6 Likes

-2 more loading screens were added.

3 Likes

Good thing world bosses drop nothing good, and that whatever gear people have been ultra-refining with exploits will be made irrelevant by whatever Lv300+ recipes IMCs adds on the level expansion, because they have no idea how to conduct logical item scaling.

Well in my opinion it is plausible. Do take it with a pinch of salt. What I said is just theory and speculation, my apologies upfront. :sweat:

In a huge game like this with many players it isn’t really “economical” to keep querying the same database table all the time or every second. There are so many things to update, like player, monster locations, health/sp data, item data etc. Hence one can think of a way to ease this load is by to caching/copying the player data to another location where the game can constantly use it to update, once every now and then the cron job (every few secs perhaps) will update the main player table with the latest data in the temp location.

Having the data work like this isn’t really bad, since it helps to prevent data corruption/lockout too as the main player data table isn’t updated from all different sources. In good database design, the table row should be locked during updates to prevent 2 sources from updating it at the same time.

As for silver exploits, we don’t know what the channel data table holds though. Judging from the economy now I don’t think it is exploitable with this method lol.