Tree of Savior Forum

IMCgames, please reconsider the selection method for the beta

I’m brazilian man, or I deal with it or I pass all of my days as a grumpy salaryman complaining about life.
What kind of reaction are you expecting me to have for a banal matter such as people cheating to get into a video-game beta test? It’s just humans behaving as usual, why the hell should I bother…

Also, I think politicians need to be more charismatic than me and create a illusion of a better reality that will only be possible through their efforts, and I can’t lie that well.

2 Likes

People who got here first will usually be more passionate about testing and helping improve the game than the flux of newly registered members. That’s why I think early site registration and forum activity should also be kept into account when rolling out the keys.

2 Likes

Who to pick is up to IMC and purpose of this test.
I just gotta say this, if you love something, you gotta show it. So that the person being loved know and they can return their love to you.
Same here, if you really love ToS, you should help to build it, join the activities, giving feedback.
If you’ve done nothing, how can they know you really want the game?
It’s not the matter who deserve to play, it’s the matter of IMC return their love to their fans.

2 Likes

Banal to you, don’t assume the same to others, games are a passion and gamers are passionate, want to know what makes active people on the forums more eligible? They can easily send a report in english something most of BR’s can’t do.

1 Like

i have to agree but this is basically the case for all CBTs

I kinda assumed that only accounts created before the announcement of the English beta would be entered into the draw. Guess not?

I’m not assuming anything, I’m just giving my opinion.
You know, different people, different points of view, you are used with the concept, right?

And if from the five thousand they get around 200~500 people to really test the game and report bugs properly, it should be more than enough for a effective feedback so that’s not really a factor.

Okay, before anyone starts hollering trash talk, racial epithets, and moral dubiousness, maybe we should calm down and focus? The name of the game is luck of the draw. Maybe it would be better if there was some sort of limit count? Like, I don’t know, 250 players a country? Out of 5000, you can eliminate those who belong to countries with publishers, or heavy media censorship.

Players from countries with publishers won’t be selected as beta testers and will be IP blocked. But they can use VPN so I don’t think there’s anything IMC can do.

Imo, it doesn’t mean that if someone just registered yesterday after the announcement doesn’t make someone less of a hopeful player of ToS. In my case, I just registered yesterday because I was constantly waiting for an international beta until the news broke out. I opted not to register earlier since I think it would be better if an international beta is already planned to happen soon. With that in mind, if and when I will be chosen to participate in the beta, it would be easier to share my thoughts about the game based on experience. Also, I have been visiting the site ever since it was established to check on news and updates for an international beta. And now it’s happening.

1 Like

so close :smiley:

wkwkwkwkkwkwk

Hope they will select the testers based on IP addy… 5k doesn’t sound like a lot… Hope I get the chance to test the game too!~

Pls login by ip would be a good idea

2 Likes

yah this is a good idea thumbs up

This may be a solution perhaps

1 Like

Any person trying to make multiple accounts worth their salt would use a different IP for each registration. Even software freely available to the public is capable of this, whether browser-based (eg. TOR) or client-based VPN’s (SoftEther etc). It’s hardly a foolproof safeguard.

this is game my friend xD not a job xD

as he quoted, please just mark that as answer and close this.

you could do that different applications too, it makes no difference.

I agree :thumbsup: i only have one account here and i really want to play the game. hopefully i can get my beta key… peace

they should instead base it around the time you made an account.

1 Like