Tree of Savior Forum

IMCgames, please reconsider the selection method for the beta

As we speak, tens of thousands of fake accounts are likely being created as placeholders to increase the chance to get in the beta, and some will even be put up for sale if they get the confirmation. This doesn’t really help the game’s case, since it will drastically lower the amount of people playing at the CBT, being a lot of inactive placeholder accounts made for this purpose. So I suggest you prioritize giving a key to those forum users who have been here for more than 3-4 days. That’s all. I understand this isn’t really that fair, given that a lot of users browse other forums constantly for news, but it’s better than the alternative.

84 Likes

Although I agree with you, I don’t think they care that much champ. MAN I CANT POST ANYTHING ANYMORE always witn the 504 error.

7 Likes

The exact words out of my mouth!!!

3 Likes

they should reconsider those who registered after the announcement of the international beta to be fair for those who are ligit old and new forum members :thumbsup:
i feel bad for those new registered forum members but because of whats happening… we realy need LEGIT TESTERS… other wise the test is just useless =V

9 Likes

Some people have a lot of time posting things on forums , watching everyday if the game come’s out
If one random who creates an acc a day ago get a key it will be unfair

6 Likes

I agree-- though I’m not sure they expected such an influx that quickly as they set the date for the 30th.

First and foremost, I think we should set aside keys for those that have been helping with the translation efforts. They’ve been doing great work on helping get the game out to us all faster, I’d hate for them to miss out on the fruits of their labors.

As far as the actual key distro, I too disagree with the method they’ve chosen, but not much we can do about that. I think those that have been active on the community helping to set the stage for the game and showing our desire to play it over and over should be able to actually participate in the beta.

There are two sides to every story though and they must have some sort of reasoning for this “strange” method.

2 Likes

For me the real problem will be when they get 2 or 3 keys for having multiple accounts.

6 Likes

Aye, I think that accounts made before this announcement should have significant priority of those accounts made less than a week before the CBT actually starts.

That’s just me though.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the main deal. I really don’t care that much if I don’t get one, but if the tests run awry because of less active keys, the game’s development suffers.

1 Like

I really want to find the exploits so they can squashed out early. Hopefully everyone who gets in is dedicated to helping the game and not JUST to try a class. Good luck to all and death to all bots that make it into the cbt!

I honestly think IMC didn’t think much about it, they don’t seem to care much to this site or the community anyways. I hope the site is not in the fritz tomorrow too.

Hi,

Couldn’t agree more. I am one of the not really active forumer, but only 2587 users in this forum. Or there are more? Hopefully I will still get the beta too after you guys :slight_smile:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/about << here you can check the forum statistics. Up until now there are 4.8K people registered on the forum (2.5K on the last 7 days)

I don’t think that the system registers the accounts automatically to on the forum when people register on the main web page, so the numbers might not be accurate… but it’s something ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

3 Likes

I wish IMC read this topic because it’ll be really unfair if someone that just created a bunch of accounts just to get a key and take 2+ keys because he got more accounts; I agree that they could prioritize those who help here at the forum and have an account older than 1 week. (oh this error 504 :angry: )

On the good words of the broble:

An then he said “Give to Koreans what is Koreans’s and give to the rest like, a third of it.” they were amazed.

Point is either the Number is too low or the form o selection is wrong.

All those new accounts are killing the forums aswell !

Just so you know, they did do what you’re talking about regarding translators.

For everyone who contributed over 100 lines, IMC gave 3 beta keys. It’s implied that these contributors are also still in the pool for the 5000.

Heres the list of those eligible: https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation/issues/559

1 Like

Woops, @Sourpuss beat me to it.

TOS support replied to me! They care!!!

What did you ask them o-o?