Tree of Savior Forum

IMCgames, please reconsider the selection method for the beta

only 1k?
I expect more players reporting bugs, if they rly find bugs =p

Not really, 1k? thats too many players in my opinion, most ppl just want to play the game, looks like they dont understand the point of a closed beta, i bet most wont even report bugs or even try to test out the game, most will probably just play for fun which is in fact really sad.

2 Likes

Thinking about it, IMCgames reported that beta -keys will be sent by e -mail. but how will this with accounts linked to facebook ?

You could also check it on the website itself.

1 Like

Thatā€™s unfair D: I couldnā€™t access website when I first heard about it a few days ago, and I forgot it later on, cause I had some stuff going on, and I just registered. Iā€™d be sad if I had no chance to be eligible to winning ;c

Yeah, I can already think of a handful of people on Facebook that are in the process of creating multiple accounts as well in order to increase their odds, lol. I guess itā€™s honestly no different than any other beta though, where you just create multiple e-mail accounts, so Iā€™m not sure how they could really fix this, butā€¦ Iā€™d say maybe the older members should be giving seniority when deciding who gets to participate since I donā€™t think we even had 5,000 members on the first day the website went live.

Yes I agree to him . You should ban all the botters

1 Like

I agree with you but at the same time, beta test is to test capacity and bandwidth of the server, not for us to enjoy ourselves getting an early chance to play the game, while I donā€™t think its goodā€¦ I do think it helps that people are creating massive accounts to test and fill the bandwidth (even tho they are making them for the wrong reasons) of both the server and game properly so the devs can analyze and tune their servers for our better experienceā€¦ I hope Iā€™m not wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

While that may be the case, it wouldnā€™t really matter a lot for the people of IMC, as the main reason of this is to test the beta and it kinda doesnā€™t matter what people plays it, as long as they do.

It may be unfair, but the real purpose is to test the game anyways, also, in every closed/open beta Iā€™ve ever done, accounts get erased anyways, so if anyone pays for a key, I feel sorry for them (kinda)

Just be patient if your donā€™t get a key, Iā€™m sure the game will launch soon enough, lol.

1 Like

Eventho iā€™m new here, iā€™m agree. Those who created multiple accounts will drag down the quality of CBT that is supposed to be for development process.
Personally i just registered few days ago because iā€™m still busy with the other game and planning to move completely to ToS later. I donā€™t know Korean and iā€™m sure i wonā€™t help that much for Korean CBT or the translation so iā€™m planning to take part once the Eng Server Development is announced like few days ago.
I still want to get into the beta tho but it doesnā€™t really matter for me as long. Hope the selected users will do their best for the CBT.

1 Like

Heeyyy, Haise. Your eyes are beautiful.

Lol jk. I hope they release the game soon or another CBT for the not chosen ones.

I wouldnā€™t say your method is any better. for instance. i just found this forum today. and logged in to the site.
but iā€™ve been dying to play this for 2 years.

I agree, yet disagree. Many of my friends, and quite a few people here have been waiting for this game for a very long time, but was not aware of this beta test sign up tell very recently, or other forms of announcement. In my case, two days ago through a friend. Call it bad research, or just unlucky.

I do see how it is unfair, as creating placeholders and diminishing our chances of obtaining a key is aggravating. However, I believe that even though its unfair, IMC might not change its selection process simply because If people have multiple accounts and obtain 2 or more beta keys and sell them or give them to their friends, as long as there are testers, its all the same to them.

So yes I do agree, that a priority should be placed for giving keys, but i also hope that it doesnā€™t happen because for new comers like myself who were unfortunately only recently found out about this beta sign up wonā€™t be bale to get a chance to contribute and enjoy the game.

I hope they can have some method to stop clones. I have just 1 account and I wonā€™t cheat.

Maybe if they checking the IP address of eligible participants to find those who used fake accounts, removing them from the selection.

pick me for the beta (English)

Most of them will have multiple IPā€™s for the accounts, resetting IPs and using VPNā€™s. It would be best to judge them on how many posts made on each account. A person using 1 account on the forum will have more activity than a person using 20.

It also may be fair to force the emails that get the key to be their login info.

2 Likes

The company know what they do, the cbt is a test, not a release, so if they choose me fine, if not fine too, after all, it will be a ā€œtest weekā€ , whatever you do there will be lost, and when the game comes afterwards will be totally different from the cbt.

that would be a good idea but there is some case of people who creates a account 1-2 days ago and that will be unfair to them T.T