Tree of Savior Forum

IMCgames, please reconsider the selection method for the beta

If they were working to fix it basically.

super unfair for us that we are here from the start

Fix what? The site or the selection process?

yeah reconsider the method for open beta

Maybe for the next one, It’s way too close to the beta to go back on the announcement now.

It’s a testing phase.

It may be really unfair for people that created extra accounts, or end up buying them from inevitable sellers, however testing would be done regardless.

People will be playing and testing the steam infrastructure, however unfairly some may acquire accounts.

Our best bet is to just hope OBT is soon, or they start removing limits from future test phases once they’ve decided the steam infrastructure for the game is good.

3 Likes

Hope they do something.

I wouldn’t worry so much if I were you guys. I’m sure they’ve already considered the fact that people are trying to unfairly acquire multiple beta keys for whatever reason.

1 Like

I totally agree with you even thought I also a new member here. well, yesterday registered. I also interest in getting the key thought. but considering of people doing such unfair condition like this would impact ToS fans.

well as long as it can be resolved anything is fine with me (y)
i hope i can get in ^^

As much as it pains me, I’ll have to agree. Honestly, when I saw the announcement, I signed up for a Google+ account, and I don’t even like to use Facebook. I was waiting until they allowed Steam users to be able to log in, because it provides more privacy that way. It seems my hesitance hindered me instead. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I had a few opinions I wanted to type down reading all the topics, but I really don’t like signing up for social media sites.

In any case, it’s what the staff said. But I concur that the ones who were in the forums first and were active at that must have priority. I can at least take pride in the fact that I find it far too undignified to resort to making hoarding accounts. I also promise to be more active now until they allow Steam users and I switch to that. :relieved:

5 Likes

You wouldn’t by chance be a ‘Grillo’ from iRO? (Possibly Valk server?) If by some miracle that is you, this is Chisami ^^

1 Like

probably auto account makers hitting the site that is why it is lagging :wink:

Its a lucky dip so I think that its a okay way to select people gl all =)

maybe if the keys arent activated on time,expired it and give new keys to others :smiley: just my 2cent

1 Like

I don’t agree with you of your method, but I do agree that it is absolutely annoying that people make fake accounts to up their chances of getting in.

1 Like

I’d say it’s best to pick everyone registered on June 25. Those are people care most about the game. The rest will have to do the survey application just like Nexon did.

Then, for anyone who eligible, IMC should send them an confirm email to make sure that’s an active email and they can ‘redeem key’ after confirmation. This make sure there will be real person joining the test.

But I don’t know if there anyone in IMC will read through more than 5000 applications, haha. xD

3 Likes

But I just registered today & i don’t have any duplicate account… i really hope I can stand a chance to be selected Closed Beta… I think the better way is to only select people that have posted at least once instead of relying on their registration date…

1 Like

IMC can check if the IP is from a country that is blocked for the iCBT.

Do you really think they can’t check for people that created multiple accounts under the same IP?

2 Likes

You’d be surprised at the tenacity of people. It’s truly, truly a merciless hell.

1 Like