Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, What are you doing? -- a thread

True, however…

Banning them means they have to level another bot using whatever script, may take 1-3 days. And that bot won’t be able to do its job of being able to RMT yet if it’s a new account.

They can keep it coming, to do the point where creating a new bot is obvious and is on lower level maps, then they can be banned from there until they can no longer profit, leading to a waste of time.

This is a tedious method to deal with bots, but proven to be effective.

I remember bots in RO2 were DNA farming and getting manually banned repeatedly until they stopped. It works, but requires a lot of effort.

The Necro bots start to function at around rank 5 with Sorc taken, and is very effective starting rank 8 with necro 3.

Botting with a necro doesn’t really require a good software, I could actually set it up myself right now using a simple razer software or rog software bundled up with my peripherals.

This lazy company can spare a employee/intern for 1h daily patrols across the maps only to hunt bots?
1h per server daily can minimize the issue. But nooo, let the players do the JOB bcus IMC are to lazy to do that. So we PAY and we do THEY work, hunting bots, makes sense.

While I do admit I don’t do manual bot reporting (posting bot reports on forums)

This doesn’t really give them an excuse to ignore bots.

With all the Popular low level grinding areas (upto timerys) filled with bots, this gives newbies an incredibly disgusting impression of the game. The newbies I’ve invited long ago always asked if botting is allowed because of this…

Either way, I already gave my fair share of pointing them the popular bot spots (as if they didn’t know already)… that alone is a big help.

3 Likes

If you cant beat them, join them. Easier that way.

Yes, this is why some people I know already started botting themselves.

Hence, the increase in botters.

We have the standard asdfqwdas bots and the properly named bots, go figure.

It’s funny they have all these anti bot measures that literally do nothing but hurt real players and kept adding/implementing more.

The story of an overweight archer using masinios bow farming neuk leathers…actually, leaving them behind…

Screenshot of him selling neuk leathers which is enough proof that he isn’t supposed to leave them.

!

Me actually chatting with him

!

7 Likes

Quality game management.
Quality service.

imc%20quality%20service

3 Likes

Something I’ve learned and detected through watching bots all this time (I’m talking about those cryo sorcerer necro ones) is that when they cast ice pike in threvin stalactite cave for example, somehow I don’t know why they most of the time hit monsters off their range by one side of the map to another… suddendly you’re walking and you see mobs freezing by no reason and the bot’s like 50 miles away from it, perhaps that’s part of the botting/hack program they’re using?

Hahaha Frundsberg’s been botting since forever. ■■■■ that guy.

I’ve been there ever since that guy started botting.

Look how he is now, Masi Bow, Miki parts.

He’s also leaving neuk leathers on the floor

:tired:

I don’t understand what kind of investigation IMC is doing with this??

If player spends tp, abort investigation?

IIRC from a screenshot shared by one forumer before about IMC’s response to their report of a botter it was something like this (not verbatim):

They checked the player’s activity but couldn’t determine if he was really botting or not because he was also doing what every other player was doing like going to town, selling stuff, using storage and stuff.

Basically if you just logged in for an hour or so everyday and do actual player stuff like running dungeons and sh!t, then resume botting afterwards you’re good to go. Having bought tp, wearing tp stuff and decent gear might have been other factors as well.

Sad fact.

1 Like

If I was living in HK again I wouldn’t mind capturing a video of Frundsberg for an hour.

Too bad upload speed here is total sht I can’t do anything other than SS

why dont they just ghost the dude for a couple of hours then bot check his ass when he acts suspicious…
hes been mentioned enough to warrant a more thorough investigation.

1 Like

Whales have been nearly-impervious to the banhammer since 2016. Back in the gruesome Bee Farm Bot days, I struck up a ‘friendly’ rivalry with one of the dudes there who wanted a channel all to himself. I provoked him into outright admitting that he was botting, auto-potting, the works, on more than one occasion, and kept meticulous records of everything he said, which was pretty foul. He also said he was untouchable because he regularly bought TP.

He was right. I made multiple reports. IMC wouldn’t move on him. You have to go way, way beyond botting to get smacked down if you’re a whale, so independent of the manpower issue, they absolutely will look the other way if it means they take in money. This game is pay-to-cheat, and that’s why in spite of all the fantastic progress they’ve made content-wise, my steam review has been negative since 2016 and it’s going to stay that way. I even update it regularly with observations on how things aren’t getting better.

The financial struggles that have led to Nexon gobbling this project up are IMC’s fault. They’re not victims. They continually chose the path of least resistance, taking small sums of money today from people like that creep I described and losing much more in the long term from the hundreds of thousands of players that have quit in disgust. And then there was the incredibly naive belief that they could control botting through limp-wristed economic controls that went far enough to piss everybody off but never far enough to actually stop botting.

IMC, you either pay a team of people to bot-hunt 24/7, or your game will continue to wither and ultimately, die. You’ve been told this over and over again. You aren’t making the investment that other companies make to keep things under control.

4 Likes

Nexon?
ToS is self published in the west, what do you even talk about?

As for banning people, let’s be honest: the population is low enough, we’d be very few if whales got banned rofl

Better than having a fake population filled with 50% bots.

There are legit whales that sell TP for in game silver in market, which I appreciate. There are also whales that buy from bot/RMTers.

No whiteknighting this sht now, you know it’s bad enough when IMC starts defending bots which is clearly stated in their rules that botting isn’t allowed

IMC went to Nexon for funding in early 2017.

The key term you’re looking for here is “strategic investment”, and this paragraph:

With this investment, Nexon and IMC Games will work closely together to reinforce service of Tree of Savior and launch Tree of Savior: Mobile Remake on a global basis.

If this still doesn’t add up to you, do a bit of reading on what strategic investments generally entail. The short version is: a leash.

Not whiteknighting, I’m just thinking of people shouting “dead game” since 2016. This game has its load of issues, especially technical, but holy ■■■■ the community was one of its biggest nails in the coffin.

I dunno, I rarely use the term “white knight” these days, but

this line seems to be ehhhh.

I quit last time before because of bots, i came back to try R9 things/content.

I don’t think there’s any more point to play a grindy game anymore when it’s just getting mass automated by 200 bots on one server.

I won’t hesitate quitting and not coming back once I get an actual confirmation from IMC that it’s ok to bot if you whale

1 Like

You will never, ever get what you’re asking for. It would be completely insane for them to make such a thing known. It’s doubtful there’s even an official policy for it - far more like it’s something employees are leaned on to do.

1 Like