Tree of Savior Forum

IMC Please Do Not Release P2W Leticia's Secret Cube!

The people whining probably never would spend money on the game in the first place

While yes, it looks pay to win on the surface…

If someone was actually willing to buy 8800 TP to just to get a practo from one of these cubes, they would just buy costumes and tokens instead and sell those

We have all already been playing a pay to win game. Why is this just hitting you now? Have any of you not been intelligent to look at the stuff you get from Goddess’ Blessed Cubes? Only now you decide start an uproar…

This is more so a thing you should buy when you have extra TP left, otherwise it is not that cost effective

1 Like

10/6% increase in P-attack does more than the flipping leather armor bonus and that’s at a high trans, late-game weapon.
Of which constitutes a small minority of players.
For nigh everyone else, and anyone whose min-maxing it is very substantial.
Particularly given that Trans costs have gone up decreasing the rate at which players reach a high level of trans.

1 Like

I was really happy with the update but now… I’m leaving

I used to buy 900 TP every other month, you will lose all players like me. Wrong step

1 Like

Even though im a sucker for how math normally debunks P2W in many situations. The one fact you seem to ignore in your holy crusade is that this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of easy to buy items that impact game play.

-I think you should look at the history of games that rush the box system early. RO most in-game equips when shitty rather fast once kafra boxes became permanent, not to mention the influx of high end cards due to mystic OCAs (card that had a 0.01% drop in game 1 time every 2+ hours depending on the monster). Enriched Elu and Ori were so overpowered that upgrading with the ingame-system was dumb, and not cost efficient at all.

I will take you on that bet, WoW which has zero P2W elements on their shop, sells Toons for cash. I bet you double that within the next year you will be able to buy X level Toons from the shop. Once the P2W snowball starts rolling.

My point is instead of trying to prove you know more than others why the boxes will not impact the game so much, look at how once you start to give way, the next box will be even more balanced towards Cash>Game.

The new enchant meta is defense values and crit rate. Much more useful than 6% of p atk.

I’m just trying to inject some math into the issue.

Aside from the Anvils, I don’t think these cubes will have much of a visible effect for players in game. Not when it’s obviously a trap and the existing methods are of equal or much more value.

I will take you on that bet, WoW which has zero P2W elements on their shop, sells Toons for cash. I bet you double that within the next year you will be able to buy X level Toons from the shop.

Coooool. Can I get an IGN and some other details to solidify this? Your account is super anonymous and I’ll be bummed in November if you ghost.

In 12 months I may not be around this forum anymore, permanently moving to Nippon in January.

50^0.65 = 12%
12% Crit = 6% more damage excluding crit attack

Whereas 10-6% more physical/Magical means 10-6% more damage at minimum and more than 10-6% if you haven’t yet hit Min1 in the Log10 function.

This 300 physical attack (ignoring any other stats you might get in the other 2 slots per headgear) as also carries more weight in a Dex build since they have lower Pattack than their STR counter-parts to get past the Log10.
This is not ignoring that Headgears can also give Crit Rate, Crit attack, property damage, etc at the same time as giving you 300 phys attack.

Not sure how November became a solid deadline. Unless im bad at math within a year means in a period of 12 months, I also said when the snowball start rolling, first box is not even up on itos. Sure, be happy too, once you give me your IGN and other personal info Awooo is even more anonymous and ill be bummed once they prove me right. :gift:

Starting to think you going to try and pull a similar move from your avatar.

November is 6months. It was what I put in my original one, extending on his “few months” to give plenty of leeway. That’s what you just agreed to. The date is in the post.

Sorry but for all the math, the other subject is eluding you. I counter your statement with my own offer which you quickly agreed too. :jack_o_lantern:

Absolutely did not.

Are you going to dance around this? It started at “few months”, extended to 6 months, and now you won’t unless it’s extended to 12 months?

Move the goalposts some more. /s Put up at 6 months. You literally said that you’d take that bet AND add another on top.

Had to bold that part, since i rather not go dancing with ya. You have to be good at doing the edgy :crown: sadly not this time. In poker this would be a call and raise.

“That bet” Is a different bet to the bet you tacked on the end there. “That bet” is the bet I made.

12 months is entirely unrealistic, and anyone trying to extend it to that kind of timeline is only taking the bet because they firmly believe they won’t be around to pay it. The entire point of calling out the really silly statement he made was to show that people that make these silly statements really aren’t willing to back them up.

Back up your defence of it within a reasonable time. Or accept that this is just a song and dance. HALF A YEAR is a huge amount of time for you and him to be right.

So is saying sorry i cant extend cuz ill be moving to japan. 12 months is a very realistic way to evaluate whether or not the P2W will escalate to those proportions. Considering the tract record of the IMC on delivering updates and information. Saying 6 months = 1 week in real time. (edit: since i do not think you will get this, im saying IMC wont change much in 6 month as backed by how slow it has been in the past, also other games have taken around 1 year after heavy P2W to fail).

Actually i take it back i do think this is a a song created by you attempting to make people dance your tune, but sorry to say it seems poorly executed.

7 Likes

Btw, you might want to read up from the top again im not the one that made the original post. My one an only statement refer to the within a year.

I get it. Your idea of “I’ll take that bet” actually means “I’ll take that as long as you double the amount of time the bet is for”.

This is unrealistic nonsense. The point was to make an actual bet, not something none of us will be around for later. So no can do.

Seems you never played poker buddy. I had my own opinion on the matter, and you been pushing your own idea of im right on so many people you literally put your foot on your mouth. I called your bet and raise with mine at which point you agreed to mine just as much as you claim i did to yours.

Are you going to back from mine, because you dont like it even though you agreed with it? seems to me the avatar fits you even more since im still waiting to hear your defense at to why 1 year is to much time.

All i hear from you is unrealistic nonsense which i say to myself:

I frown upon the lv10 abrasive but… P4Convenience.