Tree of Savior Forum

IMC Please Do Not Release P2W Leticia's Secret Cube!

It was Read. The counter is the same.
When they give you 12 of these lvl10 gem abrasives as an event will it be alright?
When they include a tiny chance to acquire them in a dungeon will it work out alright?

Fundamentally it is all the same ordeal.
You defended scrolls by saying they gave you 12 from the event. They could give you other crap from an event will that resolve the ability to purchase them for you as a regular member of the game?

Good luck with that. Unfortunately, you’re missing the non-practo parts.

This item is not aimed at casual players at all. Good drop rates in the hunting ground would have been.

My point is: The game isn’t P2W, but it will be much like that if this cube is released. This lv10 abrasives shouldn’t exist in the first place.

I changed my steam review 2 weeks ago. Guess who were right? The first part of my review I was wrong, because I misunderstood the unstable cube system, but the second fits perfectly with what we are seeing.

2 Likes

You already noted that paying money provides an advantage over other players with the caveat that they’re affordable on the marketplace.
Lvl 10 and 9 gems would be sold on the marketplace as well, and dictated by the free-market which is whatever players are willing to pay for them.

You excused previous methods of P2W by their affordability given how much the Seller put them out for.
It’s no different here fundamentally if someone sells you level 9 or 10 gems acquired from this cube at costs you can afford just as they do with tokens, costumes and enchant scrolls.

If the ability to acquire it through some means in-game is sufficient, then these fat cats are only helping you by selling you things you’d never otherwise achieve…for 99% of the regular playerbase.

Of course they profit which allows them to use their silver acquired to gain further advantages in the game.

All I’ve seen is trying to cover up 1 P2W by saying another is worse in the end they function the same.

You’re diminishing the time spent on a objective. You’re not putting a pay wall in front of this same objective.

In a game where “end-game” isn’t that far neither extremely hard to get.

1 Like

Sure you are.
If I limited everyone to 1 run of Saalus because of no-token, the shards on the marketplace would diminish further.
Gems and Trans both take a large amount of real time for any regular person. These things have been reduced by opening them up to trade and in both cases now they’re notably easier so long as money has been spent on the game.
Your ability to buy a token is because someone spent money on the game.
The tokens don’t come out of thin air. Your token advancements are because X Player gets 99 TP and Sells it for an in-game profit. You buy this token and then reap the advantages after buying it from them

Now someone again spends TP 11 rolls for about the price of a Token. They then sell the results of this to the market place for a profit…and you once again reap the advantage.

It is fundamentally the same with a difference in Supply as a result of RNG.
In either case the advantage is acquired through someone spending real money on the game.
You can dismiss it as an order of magnitude if you want “but this is a much bigger advantage!” it’s an advantage all the same on Both fronts acquired with real money.

1 Like

Implying all players spends as much time as you to afford these kinds of enchants.

RNG is still RNG, i mean, just because a player gets a high demand costume on first roll on gacha, doesnt mean everyone else will too.

I do understand your point, but you cant just assume everyone will be as lucky as you, else im pretty sure everyone would run around with +20 items, and that isnt really the case, now is it?

As for lvl 10 gems, those being almost twice as strong as lvl 7, has me wonder why im even working for my gems, when i could simply just throw money on the screen, until i get what i want.

Do tell me how many players have made lvl 10 gems right from obt up until today, much likely not many players, if at all.

1 Like

how do the exp cards work? or all those drops coming out of 1 roll?

And now you’ll see a larger minority of people with possession over them just as Trans 10 remains a pipe dream to most of the community.
Some people will make due with “it’s not a big deal” because they spent their large sum of silver to purchase these gems from the marketplace.

Better wait for IMC to sell lv 330 chars from TP shop in a few months, if you throw an aditional u$ 50, will came with the best meta.

It’s fine though because you can level up a 330 yourself and make it with the best meta. Plus they give events to help you level up

I agree with you that time advantages CAN be almost equal to a paywall advantage, but tokens and enchants aren’t the case. Isn’t hard neither takes to much time to have both of those. But lv 10~8 gems sure are a huge time advantage that can be compared to paywall advantages. Just like i said, lv10 abrasives shouldn’t even exist, much less be sold by gacha.

They don’t take much time because of the “Free” market.
An increase in lvl10 and 9 gems means they can also then be sold…like tokens and Enchants.
Enchants technically are a “time” advantage as they have very low drop rates in Dungeon cubes. If you had sufficient time you could stack up 10 yourself, but it’s clearly more convenient and realistic to pay for them and then use/sell at your discretion.

Like any other crappy F2p game that offers you a ridiculous time to acquire something that is negated by spending money.

There will always be “free” things on any market because there will always be people that spend money on every thing that they see.

You just asking too much: a free game that everyone spends the same time to get the same objectives. If was like this, the whole game business wouldn’t exist. Accept the fact that if you play a free game, there will be always someone “ahead”. The world is like this, if you want something, you have to paid for it. Nothing wrong here.

Besides, just like i said, MOST of the ToS cash advantages are time advantages that aren’t very big, something that with effort you can get, our if you want you can just ignore since it’s not a big deal (NOT the case of the lv10 abrasives of course).

What have I asked?
And when I say “free” market it means that the prices are set by the supply and demand for the item. It’s not entirely true given that there is forced price-setting after awhile where you cannot go below/above a certain value but it’s mostly in tact.

My argument: The game has and has had P2W. Leticia is just an expansion of what is already here.
Your argument (or rather your statement): The game isn’t P2W. The cube will make it so.
Yet your argument doesn’t work no matter how we shift the goal posts. The game has visibly clear advantages to paying users, that can be purchased by free users from those paying users. This cube has not changed that situation.

This cube doesn’t bother me, I already made peace given the advantages already offered in this game if you pay real money.

Im not writing here about cubes! but about “its already P2W” dillema:
haha u made my day! u can buy these items like token or enchant scroll at market for stupid lov prices an u still have a problem :D? u should be happy u can buy these tokens at ah! srsly this game should be “pay per month to play” imo, meyby in that case ppl will be happy! if u dont know what means “P2W” just stop writing about it

Dont fall for the baits, its not worth it.

P2W definition is very relative, which this relativity depends on the size or power that the “PW2 advantages” grants. In ToS, most of the cash advantages doesn’t have such impact that makes cash players very far from non-cash players. This is my point. Your “P2W metric” may be a little inaccurate, so as mine. In this case, i don’t see a point to continue arguing, since we clearly have incompatible definitions. But i could partially understand your point, thanks for sharing it. Have a nice day (no mocking, seriously).

It took me 3 months to make 3 gems lv 9 and now you gonna give it for everyone ? IMC you did again, wow thanks for dont care about your game. if this is not pay to win, idk what is anymore.

if this goes live tomorrow i gonna do what i can, well i cant do much but i gonna make a bad review on steam about the game.

4 Likes