Tree of Savior Forum

IMC in full damage control mode & Nexon is being sold

IMC has gone full damage control, hiding threads, silencing and banning people.

After the unannounced removal of the Power of the Goddess event (Are we gonna get the weekend thingies back? @IMC staff), after they didn’t bother to address discarded/broken items leaving people weaponless for more than a month (50% Transcendence discount event bug and Item discard while equipping gems 12 Jan and after maintenance didn’t get mine item back), not a word for coins not dropping in HG/CM (Rebuild coins don't drop in CM/HG), after the shitty re:bug patch and all the p2w items they brought, they still wonder why people are mad?

But rejoice, Nexon is being sold, I hope tencent brings the definitive influx of p2w that kills this trash game still running on the crappy granado espada engine and fires indecent moderators like Bob.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-24/tencent-buyout-firms-are-said-to-weigh-potential-bids-for-nexon

Below a typical professional community management example.

2 Likes

Don’t be an asshole about it :unamused:

Why not? Staff is flagging posts to trigger the forum’s auto-silence they put in the last maintenance as part of the damage control, I can be as ■■■■■■■ as them.

I expect to be banned too, because some Staff member gets easily triggered.

2 Likes

Lel, Tencent cooperates with the communist party in China to oppress, spy on people and to censor everything the government doesn’t like.

Supporting Tencent is like supporting Stalin or Mao.

1 Like

You expect Tencent to make things better? Awww that’s adorable.

2 Likes

Err, quite the opposite? Maybe you wanted to reply to @Farms_Alot ?

1 Like

My bad. I read “but rejoice” and I thought you meant it’ll be better lol. Yeah Tencent’s gonna kill the game.

1 Like

Haha, the same shthead company that is trying to outrun Sesame Credit in doing exactly the same thing. If you don’t know what Sesame Credit is - it’s the most totalitarian thing in the world since Stalin, a truly genius way to opress people, totally disgusting in how subtle it’s influence on human society is - it’s basically credit scoring system with gamification element that works in a way that you get more perks the more “decent citizen” you are and the more “decent citizen” friends you have on social network… so being a friend of someone who is deemed “indecent” (because he said something about communist party or because he is importing manga from Japan, or because he simply didn’t pay his credit)… takes your score down… so people get isolated. No police, no government opression, no riots, ppl do all the dirty work themselves. Can you see how genius, yet horrific and disgusting this is?

The same shthead company that is behind Diablo: Immortal, hated by literally everybody (even tho it’s mostly because Blizz marketing dept failed miserably).

But, here’s the thing. Being top of the corporate chain in this situation means they will probably not care too much about Steam ToS, because, you know, it only has a couple of thousand people at best and even with whales out there that’s just not enough to care when they have a whole chinese market to attend to. They will just not care, we are irrelevant to them.

As for the game as a whole though, there is a big chance we will see more p2w. Which is, of course, a bad thing, but seeing how p2w is a thing already, this was to be expected anyway. So this really changes nothing, in my opinion.

It’s not like ToS is in trouble because Tencent OR Nexon. It’s because IMC can’t do publishing at all, don’t know ■■■■ about monetization, content progression, rewards, community management, worldbuilding and etc. And their technical division is completely useless while QA seems non-existent (probably outsource).

There is nothing wrong in supporting Stalin.

2 Likes

Brace yourself for more P2W content, lol

Bringing the Huawei debacle here as well? One can only choose to be spied by the dragon or the eagle. Not like they differ anyway

1 Like

I often heard how big Tencent is, but never heard of their dark sides. Interesting.

I agree that letting IMC ‘absorbed’ into Tencent wont mean 100% positive changes, because it’s always money that run the world.

I’m a F2P till now, and I personally still ok with their Leticia/New Year Package/etc etc.
But IMC indeed really need to fix their unprofessional work. IMC should treat their customers with care.

Its either the oppressive China or the divided America who can’t even get their crap together to do anything, what’s the big difference lel. What do proof-less conspiracies even have to do with ToS, even.

:tired:

1 Like

Fyi, not everyone is murica or commie here, if you’re used to this garbage, I’m not.

I linked ABC News, Wall Street Journal and Quartz, yet you call it “proof-less”.
:tired: indeed

You mean articles that call out allegations with no proof other than speculations.

Sure.

1 Like

Did you bother to read them?
WSJ is not talking about allegations, at all, nor it’s using that word.

Oh crap IMC staff replying.

1 Like

lol I have not in the last two weeks banned or silenced or hid any threads. I probably need to hide this one but I will not because this is too good to be missed.

pic related

19 Likes

You should make a public announcement about the removal of the Power of the Goddess event instead of posting memes.
Typical pro management.

P.S.

I never called you out for doing the things you mentioned above, by your reply it seems that you felt guilty on your own :wink:

4 Likes

(Phew no bans … yet)

Yeah they censor stuff, then again what does 1 article have to do with ToS. The other two articles are simply allegations with no proof.

Looks at an oppressive China, and then I look at America still suffering from conspiracy and propaganda theories, a divided government, anti-vaccination complicating measles, fake news, school shootings and government shutdowns …

Yeah, pot calling the kettle black. Its crap on either side any ways. Why bother with politics in a game.

1 Like