Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

Not really, if we go deep discussion, there are plenty of choices in rank 8.
Also, don’t forget that rank8 is not the last rank. Therefore, the build will change accordingly.

We have 2 mount based archers on rank 8. We need to know to mount compatibility first. Going rogue 2 means we lose a lot of aoe. Thankfully Im still level 210 a3 s3 which is pretty much solo farming on 190 dungeon and roxona.

Might take canoneer as rank 7 to be a turret but I dont like weapon switching thats why Im here. The OP’s in depth guide draw me here.

TLDR I just need a solid aoe class. rogue 1 seems a nice filler in rank 7 but we need to know rank 8 first.

Well, lets think about it. This specific build excells in well nothing really. It has good single target burst and pretty poor aoe

All the r4 and below classes for the R8 spot is pretty lackluster.

Rogue 2 gives higher uptime on debuffs and buffs along with the lackluster backstab and another aoe cc.

Fletcher 1 is pretty lackluster since all of it’s skills are essentially single target with very niche usage and no magic arrow.

Falconer 1 gives circling… But it’s pretty late to get it as well as not having the best synegry with this class setup.

SR 1 is a weaker SR2 along with putting some restrictions on the class due to mounting issues.

Musket gives more single target burst, but this class setup isn’t really lacking in that department.

Cannon gives better aoe but Mergen will simply do that better.

Hakkapelle is mounted and can definitely work, but again mounting skill issues and melee range. Doesn’t seem very aoe orientated.

Mergen is all aoe while being able to shoot and move. It can cover the weakness of this build while also bringing some burst in the form of a focused fire homing shot.

@zweig069
Mergen isn’t mounted. That was just a demonstration to no speed lost while using that skill

You haven’t consider rank 9 or higher if them come out. Still, this is minor.
This build is already perfect and Dreamy first glimpse to rank 8 is totally correct. Means no matter how great rank 8 is, this build is already have its peak at scout c3. Now we need to consider:

1. The build already have great aoe and single target burst. How to improve it?
  • Put more aoe since this is tree of aoe -> Mergen is good.
  • Put more single target dps - rogue c2 is decent.
  • Put more utilities - hackapell is good, you can hide and run faster, also give more damage burst. This class has lot of potential cuz a skill gives burst damage on number of arros.
  • Or falconer c1, for more utilities and aoe ratio.

Again, I would say this build already reach the peak. However you want to improve it, is up to you, and we have quite some decent option. Please stop giving negative idea lol.

2 Likes

You can’t consider rank 9 and above because they aren’t out yet. Once they do, then we can change opinions about stuff.

The aoe is decent at best. I mean all that it has going for it is split arrow that hits at most 3 targets, flare shot with it’s miniscule aoe range, and barrage…?

On the other hand all of these skills do wonderfully as a single target skill

Mergen just so happens to fill the “great aoe spot with one rank.”

Rogue C2 backstab is lackluster damage not to mention you need karacha set for it to be decent. I would take musket burst instead.

Hakkapelle is melee range burst that requires setup. I would take musket unconditional ranged burst instead, and if you want a mount, then get the penguin. Can’t cloak on mount iirc.

Falconer, at this point, will only help your party members.

Also, I’ve never gave a negative opinion. I sinply stated what each class will give for this class setup, and anyone would know better than to waste a high rank on the beginning rank classes.

While I do agree that this class setup has great synergy with each and every class in it from Rogue 1 (mind you iDreamy said this build only works due to Rogue 1 connecting everything and not it’s essentially done at Scout 3), this build is lacking in aoe which very few classes give on a silver platter.

you guys are all forgetting mounts no longer stealth with the owner, as a scout we stealth, now if you wanna give that up, and don’t mind dismounting for certain skills and not others sure, you can mix and match whatever you like but that is by no means optimal or logical, mergen is the no brainer at 8 but obviously you can go whatever direction you like, if your hellbent on being a mounted cowboy though reroll an a2/r3/sr3 for 8 or a rogue3/hackapell mixture, gl

That’s what I thought happened with cloaking and mounting. Thanks for clarification.

Hmm looks like ill modify mine to a2 ranger scout 3 canoneer 2 then. I see a scout canoneer on tbl that cloaks and 1 hits anyone that has no con. Rogue is important to this build yes. The crit chance buff is too good to be passed. We just have to wait for full details of all rank 8 classes. Ill just stay rank 6 and farm at the moment. Scout 3 is designed that way.

It’s not just sneak hit from Rogue. There is feint that doubles barrage hit count and capture to make double flares possible. This further draws in the synergy of ranger & scout for the build.

Of course both cannon and musket work well. They serve different purposes from rogue that’s all.

Definitely Mergen because the game is Tree of AOE.

Correction. This build excels at both. Single target DPS as long as the duration comparison is within a minute while the AOE capabilities is one of the best. Why would I say it has one of the best AOE capabilities? Because I only duo grind with my Pyrolinker friend who has no pass and his damage started falling off because of being Pyro C2 only so I’m doing most of the damage and we’re still getting 10m exp per hour back on our Evac grind.

I think you’re underestimating the build because you haven’t really played it yet but people who have made it to Rank 7 on this build are starting to see the potential I was able to see when I made this build.

AoE for the win :purple_heart:

Feint & barrage + split arrow + flares fairly small aoe range cant really be comparable to cannon + broom trap + gu pot. Or SR retreat shot (and the upcoming forward shot). Then we have elememe and all the other aoe wiz

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good and it may be better than what swordsman and some clerics have, but that doesn’t mean it’s one of the best.

Also a linker makes anyones aoe potential sky rocket. You can take a musket with a linker and they’ll have a great clear rate due to the linked snipes.

And I can see the potential. It’s very high, but i think having a linker buddy will skew aoe results.

A linker can only link once every 22 seconds, not more often. Also, in Maven Abbey 1 of 4 monsters is unlinkable. Who knows how many more of them will be introduced for R8 maps?

I dare you to replicate 10m exp per hour on a duo with just having a linker as your partymate.

Everything you say are just assumptions since you don’t have an actual experience playing my build.

Just replicate the 10m exp per hour first, once you do, then I’ll give you proper counter arguments.

If you expect to clear only every joint penalty, that is definitely not enough to reach 10m exp per hour. The sole reason why I was doing so much DPS was because of split arrow as 100% uptime filler. The biggest CON of having duo only and as the main dps is just that I can use up 100 Lv10 Condensed SP in just 2 hours or even repair every 1 hour.

Okay. I’ll get back to you when i get to doing that then. Aka never because i don’t have the time to level up specific builds to test this scenario with different class setups to see which one can do the same.

Other than that, I’m not going to contest with what you say since this is your thread which also means I’ll be fighting a uphill battle.

Dude, you’re losing the argument and you have nothing better to assume everyone is going to defend the OP regardless of what you say?

Snipe cooldown is 25 seconds, so basically it’s 2 shots per minute. Totally gonna have those 10kk xp/hr.

It’s so hard to find a linker and a musk to test, basically impossible, yeah, you have to level them up yourself.

Of course I’m going to assume that everyone in this thread is going to be more willing to back up the op than a random poster. Like come in dude. Are you more likely to hang out with the guy with a lot of money or the guy who is dirt poor. And if you say the guy who is poor I don’t believe you because even I would go with the rich guy and try to take advantage of him.

And no, I was never losing the argument. It hasn’t gotten anywhere because I don’t have the required information yet not to mention they haven’t given me much evidence either. You can say that’s losing the argument but it’s more or less just saying I don’t have the evidence yet so I can’t say anything with concrete proof.

I don’t have enough time to give the necessary response required due to college and other life issues so it’s better to just give up.

The point is that “JP+one strong attack twice a minute” < “Nonstop spam of attacks that ignore armor & size penalties on 2-3 targets at once”. This is the required information. I have both a linker (Lv273) and a Scout from this build (Lv269), so I had a chance to test.

Okay. Granted that was a bad example. But what musket would only use snipe when they have other skills to use along with whatever they have before say QS3. Though I would definitely say QS3 is still slower than split arrow.

And that snipe + link was SPECIFICALLY to give an example of linker over expolating aoe potential.

My real aoe potential comparison was a cannon + gu pot + broom trap, elememe, or SR

That’s funny to see a guy run away after all that assumption lol
Of course people will back up OP because he has solid argument and already testified on field while what you have is all asumption.
Say a Linker can link lot of mobs but then 22s cd in certain situation would not be that good.
Again, Split shot has 100% uptime filler and can cover it up. Also, I’m confident to say Scout c3 has highest dps after Fletcher a silly little bit below rank 7 but surpass any other classes even Wizard with or without linker. Now we have Mergen.
Build Scout c3 yourself or find one with this build. You can easily do that by addressing people in this post.