Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

For this one, my argument would be stacking full STR still scales well for Split Arrow and having 100% damage against flying attribute is pretty much more than enough already for farming Roxona East.

There were 2 testimonials already and they said they are earning silvers really fast. But let’s say you do have better dps with having high DEX early on, that means you would still need a stat reset later on, not to mention, this increase in DPS wouldn’t really make farming tons more efficient on Roxona because the mob spawn timer can’t even keep up in the first place.

how does rogue spells work? they are melee or you can cast them from far away?

Love this build so far. I’m fortunate to have 2 stat reset potions standing bye, so going with a mix of dex/str up to level 230ish + proper gear before I make the hardcore switch.

As for multishot, ive did some research and kinda understand how it works now,
But as for barrage, Any insights on barrage working with aoe ratio? I’ve seen people debating about aoe ratio affecting how many mobs an arrow pierces through before it disappearing.

Which one? Captured spells? Feint?

Feint has a rectangle AOE and extends pretty far from your character’s position.
Captured spells can be released from afar, almost same range as Multi-Shot’s.[quote=“leon_hsz, post:475, topic:266089”]
Any insights on barrage working with aoe ratio?
[/quote]
Barrage has innate 4 AOE attack ratio based on some forum post on KR. Main reason why it does not hit all enemies 5 hits each if there’s too many.

Whoa 2 stat resets ;O Oh and glad you liked it~

Hi @Dream,

Check in again at lvl 177 , 3 str : 1 dex : 30 con build.
Currently using +8 Khasti with 3x 5* green gem.

Got a couple questions.

1. Do you think my bow is viable as an end game weapon as far as the current content goes?

2. Can you explain further as to how the full draw + split arrow combo works?

3. How does perspective distortion increases flare shot damage?

4. What armor should I be wearing? You mentioned plate is for noobs, can you elaborate?

Thank you for your time!

1. Maga bow would be a better choice IMO
  2. Full draw link 2 mob together and they share the damage. This mean that both mob will get the higher bounce shot damage + the first shot damage
  3. There is an attribute from Perspective Distortion that increase your physical attack by 5% per attribute level and you can max it at level 5 (Which mean 25% of increased physical attack while you are using perspective distortion when the flare shot are tickling)
  4. I have no idea :x let’s wait for the pro for this

No. 2H-Bow is usually just used when against flying targets. Marksman is also available which is better. I still suggest going for Superior Kracked Shooter + Mana-mana for current content. But if you can get Didel Grand Cross or Bandit instead, the better.

If Full Draw knocked back a mob unto another mob, the mobs get pinned together and get shared damage penalty like Joint Penalty of Linkers. Using Split Arrow on the pinned mobs will make them automatically share both the main hit + bounced hit damage.

Perspective Distortion has an attribute that gives 5% patk per level, max level is 5 = 25% patk increase. It affects you as well.

Full Plate Set is only recommended at the start especially if you went for pure STR path. Later on, it’s best to just use 1 Virtov Plate Upper or Lower and 3 pcs Leather. Since only Virtov Plate Lower can be crafted, you go for that. Upper armor, gloves and boots will be Virtov Leather. Of course you can still switch to Vubbe Fighter Gloves time to time when mobbing.

Updated Gearing Section. This should make it alot clearer and would help alot for those who went pure STR on this build.

1 Like

Really enjoying this build aswell, was looking for something other then the cookie cutter fletcher build. I only had 1 question, I put a lot of resources into an Manamana with a T6 Crit Gem and a +8 Catacombs Shooter (x-bow) with x2 T6 Crit Gems, will this be sufficient for split arrow, the base dmg on my +8 catacombs shooter is quite high, I just don’t have the resources atm to do a bow like this aswell, like maga etc.

It’s okay to just use Khasti Bow as your spare 2H-Bow. It’s cheap and it’s only purpose is to be able to take advantage of the 2H-Bow attribute when fighting flying enemies.

You can live w/o 2H-Bow too, I just prefer having one because of Roxona East farming.

Really hoping that khasti was worth the trouble it took everything I had just to get itt +5 and got all three sockets!! Yay me, now working on upgrading the gems. I’m sure I can get thoes other leet equips as I level up and grind dungeons…

Oh yea silly question but can you use split arrow while using running shot?? Not to use Qs 3 in this build but like if you spiritual link with running shot has it ever worked?? SUPER fast split arrow xD

It should only let you run while spamming Split Arrow, spam intervals won’t go faster.

Yea that’s what I figured, hey still works for me LOL.

Also 2 parter here does kneeling shot affect flareshots damage? And can you use kneeling shot while using perspective distorton? Dumb question im sure but whatever. Thank you dreamy senpai xP

Yes, most skills works like that, they do damage based on your current stats, not the stats before you cast.

No.

Hey i did some number crunching today.
I ran a few sceneriors of mobs with 300def against endgame equips, 6star gems and +10 bows with multishot, split arrow and flare shot.
Without taking Sneak Hit into account, the average dmg between full str and 100dex is about 3% in favour of full str. This doesnt take into account the possibility of reaching 100% crit rate with Sneak Hit which would probably net a 10% decrease in dmg in most situations.
That being said, mob def favours Str so in party situations with def debuffs full str dmg might fall behind 100dex(again assuming no sneak hit).
I also didnt consider mob crit resist in the scenarios i ran but again that would work in favour of dex.

So all in all, i’d say yes this build favours full str, thanks to Sneak Hit and its ability to reach 100% crit rate under ideal conditions netting in a 10% dmg loss. But at times where Sneak Hit isn’t reliable your looking at only a 3% loss in dmg which would go unnoticed for anyone not trying to squeze every ounce of dmg they can, actually in 1 of my tests 100dex was better then full str and there’s other variables to consider that can effect it to scale either direction.

So TL/DR the dmg difference between full str and 100dex is minimal at best in situations where sneak hit is unreliable.
That being said, as someone with experience with archers what do you think of the benefits of adding dex in terms of
A. Futureproofing
B. dodge/acc and more freedom in gear choices
C. Anything else that may come to mind.

1 Like

Actually what comes to mind is just lessen abit the investment on crit rate on gears because my only aim is just 50% natural crit rate. Getting red gem for secondary weapon can give some significant patk boost.

I really don’t want to reach a point where I got enough DEX investment to disregard Sneak Hit. Whenever I’m going above 50% crit rate, I’ll start changing some gears that favors increasing patk instead.

This is incorrect. It is only ever good when the target is large, and even then a crossbow + manamana will fare better unless the large target also happens to be flying.

The number of monsters which are both large AND flying for relevant end-game content can probably be counted with 1 hand.

Nice guide! I’ll probably try it for my first alt even if I’m afraid that they would eventually fix the Feint+Barrage combo because it really looks like a glitch, well maybe I would go A3 just for safety.

Do you still recommend 3 STR:1 DEX for a softcore player? Can I use a normal Seeker until level 40 and then swap to a +X Hawk Bow until level 120? I guess it would be better than a +X Seeker with no bonuses.

Like I keep mentioning, Feint+Barrage’s mechanic is too specific to be a glitch. It has precise if-else conditions and the added hits are fake multi-hits for most likely balancing purposes.

Yes.

A highly upgraded Seeker would easily outdamage a +5 Hawk/Iron Bow unless you’re planning to upgrade Hawk/Iron Bow to +8~+10 as well which I do not recommend because those silvers could’ve went to attributes instead.

It’s generally mistaken that high enhance low level bow can be easily outdamaged by higher level bows, that’s understandable, but that’s wrong. A highly enhanced bow reduces missile damage penalty against medium and large targets.

Do you know what enhance level completely negates the missile damage penalty?