Tree of Savior Forum

[iCBT2] [Guide] Chronomancer: The Time Squad is here!

Like Fallout 4, this class also has too many bugs.

So you think time control is cool. Maybe you think the outfit is really cute. Either way, you have arrived here and now you are reading this guide!

Oh! It’s Chronomancer!

Chronomancer is a purely support-oriented class like Thaumaturge. If you want to advance into Chronomancer as a DPS class, you would be advised not to because you would want more damage, right? You can do that if you want to, I can’t tell you how to play your character. Chronomancer plays best with other support classes in your tree like Linker and Thaumaturge. You are reading this guide under the assumption of knowledge of Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Wizard classes.

##Your spells
Time control is exciting! However, most have a long cooldown, so use them at the right situation.

Circle 1

Quicken
“Temporarily increases the attack speed of you and your party members by manipulating time.”

SP Cost: 52 SP cost at level 1, +8 SP cost per level.
Range: Self and all party members, 300 range around user.
Attack Speed: +30 at level 1, +30 per level.
Duration: 35 seconds at level 1, +5 seconds per level.
Cooldown: 40 seconds.

Does not work accurately due to how player ping works but it actually works for Sorcerer or Necromancer summons since they are not required to ping the server for attacks.

Quicken: Critical Rate
“Increases the Critical Rate effect from Quicken by 5% and decreases Evasion by 2% per attribute level.”

+5 SP cost at any level when enabled, 5 levels max.

This attribute unlike the above functions correctly and is powerful due to scaling with percent instead of values. The evasion loss is minimal compared to getting a large part of critical rate increase turning melee fighters into bulldozers.

Reincarnate
“By manipulating time, you can let a monster appear at the same location where it was defeated.”

SP Cost: 58 SP cost at level 1, +10 SP cost per level.
Range: Single target, 20 range in front of user.
Duration: 6 seconds at level 1, +1 second per level.
Cooldown: 120 seconds.

It does not mention the specifics, which is you inflict a debuff on the monster that makes it respawn a clone at 2% HP if the monster is defeated with the debuff intact. Think of it as a variation of Thaumaturge’s Swell Body. At level 1, it has a 6 second duration which is very tight on timing. Leveling it up increases the SP cost by a bit, so there is a bit of balancing between timing and SP management.

Revive: Two
“When an enemy affected by Reincarnate dies and is revived, two enemies will appear with a chance of 1% per attribute level.”

+30 second cooldown at any level when enabled, 5 levels max.

If any mobs have respawn timers longer than 150s, this may come in handy. The only mobs I can think of with that kind of timer are Confined Firent and Key Thief. It’s usually not worth it.

Stop
“Stop time of monsters within target area. Enemies do not receive damage when time is stopped.”

Range: All targets, 100 range around user.
SP cost: 70 SP cost at level 1, +13 SP cost per level.
Duration: 6 seconds at level 1, +1 second per level.
Cooldown: 100 seconds.

Enjoy the arm spinning animation. The latter part of it sounds devastating to anyone reading it, but it allows for charging skills like Highlander’s Cartar Strike and Elementalist’s Meteor and letting them fire when Stop… stops. A very situational spell at best, but when the situation is right, it shines.

Stop: SP Decrease
“Decreases the SP cost of Stop by 40.”

-40 SP cost when enabled.

This attribute is a toggle, but why would you turn it off if it doesn’t affect cooldown at all?

Stop: Control Boss Monster
“Stop can also stop boss monsters but once released, it will not be stopped again.”

+50 second cd and +10 SP cost when enabled.

As nice as it sounds, it requires strict planning to use that one Stop when you really need it. That and the added cooldown timer makes me suggest you skip it unless you know when you can put it to use.

Slow
“Controls time to decrease the movement speed of enemies.”

SP Cost: 55 SP cost at level 1, +9 SP cost per level.
Range: Target area, 50 range at cast point.
Movement Speed: -9 at level 1, -11/-12/-14/-15/-17/-20/-21/-23 for additional levels.
Magic Circle Duration: 14.5 seconds, +0.5 seconds per level.
Slow Debuff Duration: 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 35 seconds.

A general purpose debuff that, unlike the other two Chronomancer debuffs, sees usage regularly on the field. You can throw it on swarms of mobs and also throw it on bosses to make them easier to read. The only downside is unlike a monster’s purple Fire Pillar, IMC Games did not make an alternate color to differenciate them from enemy Slows so your party may panic and run out of your Slow.

Slow: Nullify Decrease
“Decreases the chance of nullifying an attack by 6% per attribute level when enemies are affected by Slow.”

+4 SP cost at any level when enabled, 5 levels max

Inexpensive and slightly tips the scale to your advantage.

Slow: Critical Resistance
*“Decreases the critical resistance of an enemy affected by Slow equal to 15% of your INT.”

+10 SP cost at any level when enabled.

This attribute combines well with the Quicken: Critical Rate attribute to grant your melee fighters even higher chances of critical rate. If you have low INT, you can disable this; Slow is still a great teammate without the attribute.

Circle 2

Haste
“Temporarily increases the movement speed of you and your party members by manipulating time.”

SP Cost: 56 SP cost at level 1, +9 SP cost per level.
Range: Self and all party members, 300 range around user.
Movement Speed: +6% for level 1, +1% per level
Duration: 35 seconds at level 1, +5 seconds per level.
Cooldown: 35 seconds.

It increases movement speed. At level 1, its duration matches its cooldown so you will never stop moving fast. There’s nothing else to say and it’s amazing nonetheless.

Haste: Evasion Increase
“Increases your evasion by 20 per attribute level while Haste is active.”

+5 SP cost at any level when enabled, 5 levels max.

Okay, there’s more to say: this attribute is wild. +100 evasion at max for just 5 SP more? Yeah! It counteracts the Quicken: Critical Rate evasion decrease up to 1000 evasion which is probably far far away from when it’s going to fall off.

Back Masking
“Control time in an area, temporarily changing it back to its previous state.”

SP Cost: 150 SP cost at level 1, +20 SP cost per level.
Back Masking Range: 60 at level 1, +10 per level.
Unable to use Back Masking nearby for 10 seconds
Consumes 1 Dimensional Fragment. (Purchase for 10,000 Silver from Chronomancer Master Lucid Winterspoon at Stele Road)
Cooldown: 300 seconds.

Back Masking does not work.

Back Masking: Confusion
“Increases the duration of Confusion from Lv. 2 by 2 seconds per attribute level, after using Back Masking, the enemies that will be pulled by aggro will be affected by Confusion for 6 seconds.”

+10 SP cost at any level, 2 levels max.

Are you really going to spend 10,000 silver on an ailment that has a chance of being resisted?

Conclusion

Chronomancer is an interesting support class with skills that definitely help, but it’s marred by several bugs that render it unfavorable with many Wizards. If the developers can fix the bugs and make Chronomancer’s Circle 3 impressive, maybe more Wizards will advance as Chronomancers and turn history around.

also there was that time i asked a friend to test back masking for me and when i tried to revive them with back masking their corpse stood up with 0 hp fix back masking please

Special Thanks

Sana, Gotu, Cronolly, and asami for being fellow Chronomancers on Gabija you are cool

Ceria for selling your +11 Expecta Staff to me it really helps

Mekku and Reanbell for helping me with Chronomancer stuff nice

Tsuyu for helping me test Back Masking I still feel bad though

7 Likes

10/10 costume cuteness

2 Likes

im sorry for making you reenact thriller with back masking :broken_heart:

1 Like

I am tempted to go Chrono or Thauma because of the costume x.x

Dat not so portable clock… Seriously, I’m seeing something like “Big Ben” for C3… Hopefully.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! :heart_eyes:

Updated the guide to look nicer. Also, tosbase says Haste is 5% lv1-4 6% 5-9 and 7% 10 but the formula changed to 5+1x% x=level in this cbt. Plan accordingly.

If you want anything test, post here and I’ll wake up to try it out.

10,000 silver per Back Masking? Have you tried it on a boss? That has to be its intended purpose at a price tag like that.

It doesn’t respawn regular mobs, so it’s hard to expect it to work on bosses either.

I tried it on Earth Archon once. My client crashed.

Nice guide tyvm.

Back masking is not working properly right?
I thought I did something wrong

Hmmm dont know what to test now may be I should test my critical build more :smile: (for funny purpose)

Look like staff are watching us… channel down…
http://imgur.com/6hFPZAE

they should add a skill at c3 chrono which allows you too respec stats + skills back in time you know XD. They could sell the service ofc. Might be too broken XD.

1 Like

do you want to pay 10,000 silver to crash your own client because i just tried to cast back masking on a field boss death and that happened

Also, I added icons to the skills in the guide. Yay!

@ChojaHiragawa
I would like to know what are the possible applications for Back Masking (if it was working). Thank you. :grin:

Supposedly you could revive world/party bosses for double drops and xp.

Maybe Blue monsters too.

1 Like

Back Masking if it worked would be used for extreme player resurrection, field boss resurrection, rare mob resurrection, anything that would make the hefty price pay itself off significantly.

1 Like

Question, can you move stopped enemies with psycho skills? Mainly thinking of magnetic force and gravity pole, but swap and telekinesis would make sense too I guess.

I picked Linker instead of Psychokino so I can’t test that, sorry!

I can’t blame you, linker is so good. Thanks anyway :3

Data:

• If you want to disconnect yourself with Back Masking, here’s how you do it: Cast Ice Wall or Fireball, wait until they disappear, then attempt to cast Back Masking on it a few seconds later. You’ll be looking at the server screen in a moment’s notice!

• Casting Reincarnate on a jackpot mob does not guarantee a jackpot mob when it dies and reincarnates. You want to look for the Oracle class for that kind of magic.

• You cannot jump cancel Quicken or Haste. Unlike Reflect Shield or Swell Left Arm, all Chronomancer spells force playing the full spell casting animation unless they are interrupted.

1 Like