Tree of Savior Forum

I Love Tree of Savior; I Am Leaving Tree of Savior

I really do appreciate you replying to this post. I think OP summed up the concerns that players have when looking at the future of this inspiring game.

It is difficult to take criticism, and I respect that you have looked past any harshness put towards the IMC team and have responded with a generally clear idea of what you are working on to improve performance, stability, anti-cheat, pricing, and bundles.

I will not be purchasing the DLC packs provided from the Steam Store as the pricing is a bit much, however, I will continue to enjoy the immersive and beautiful world and wait for the opportunity to buy that oh-so-precious token on more fair terms.

For now though, keep up the hard work and talk with the community. A well informed player-base is happier, involved, and will have more patience. As countless of politicians and CEOā€™s have said before, ā€œCommunication is key.ā€

Hello, Iā€™m much like the opening poster. Iā€™ve put well over 1000 hours into the game and was also there in testing and often help other members with build advice and such from my testing. I actually have been waiting for ToS for many, many years, as I played Ragnarok Online for over seven years and heard about Project R way back then.

I too have had to overcome many issues such as those that were mentioned in the opening posterā€™s post. In addition to this, I have had unique personal issues regarding TP theft, but regardless, I have decided not to quit. For me, personally, there is no other game quite like ToS, and there probably wonā€™t be one like it for a long, long time, and Iā€™m already pretty old for playing these type of games as much as I do. I donā€™t know if I will even be able to play MMOs like I am able to now if such a game would come out in the future. So, it would take a lot for me to actually quit this game.

With that said, I desperately want the game to improve, but not just improve, I want it to succeed, so that it can last a long, long time. I legitimately worry that the game wonā€™t last. I can only imagine how much money was lost due to not having TP available at F2P launch. And the whole server transfer thing? I hope that didnā€™t hurt your profits too much either. I want fair prices and a healthy cash shop as opposed to one filled with excessive gambling products, but, I also want the game to be able to financially stay active for a long time. So, it isnā€™t just stressful issues for me as a player, but issues of worry for the gameā€™s longevity.

Hearing you reply here, it gives me hope for the game. I still have a lot stressful things to deal with, but I still enjoy your game very much and choose to play it over any other. I would highly advise you to seek out a community staff member (if not yourself) who is good at conveying information and addressing a large community and having them be open about whatā€™s going on so that people arenā€™t left to assume worse things. Communication and transparency are needed for this type of niche community. This reply here, it is a great start, and I hope your company remains transparent.

In addition to this, I highly recommend you bring back public polls when it comes to big choices that you may not be sure about. Be sure that all options are ones that you can accomplish, but just having community involvement will make everyone feel at ease. This is because, even if an option many people wanted wasnā€™t picked the most, at least they know that you gave everyone a chance to be involved and that you are listening. These simple notions can go a really long way and help people deal with problems in game on a mental level. People often let the worst dominate their mind when left to the unknown.

Again, thank you for your reply, and just as you do, I hope for the very best for Tree of Savior.

5 Likes

Clearly youā€™re wrong because the man comes out and says itā€™s because of DDoS and not his coding right? Communication is one thing, but coming out and not being honest to do some damage control is another thing. And thatā€™s all they have ever done every single beta and still doing it now which absolutely makes me sad because itā€™s like speaking to a wall.

2 Likes

Wanna fight RMT? dont allow them to sell silver for 1% of the price you sell:
They announce 2000k silver for 5ā‚¬ thats more than enough to buy tokens for life, while you sell your cheapest pack for 30ā‚¬ and cant even get 1 token.
People arent interested in spending 30ā‚¬ in that, people are willing to buy virtual goods between 2.5 and 10ā‚¬ every 2weeks/1month not to spend 30ā‚¬.
Take example on LoL, ppl usually keep buying rp for 4euros every week, instead of buying 12euros every month

1 Like

@hkkim
Ty for replying to the community. Can you please comment on the region lock? Many people are playing outside of their regional server and want to be able to buy TP for the server they do play on (like Europeans playing on klaipeda, etc). Will it be possible?

5 Likes

Respect to the author of the post, he pretty much summed up a lot of the major issues in a well thought out post. Thank you IMC for responding to the issues he raised, at least now we have some rough idea about whatā€™s going on from your side.

lol, you people are so easy to convince itā€™s unreal

2 Likes

Agree. I donā€™t know why but it look like IMC donā€™t care about BOT problem. Maybe this is Free to Bot not Free to Play game lol.
I still play for fun but I will not pay more to this game. I really regret buying that DLC.

How about optimizing the game, so that this ā€œsocial experienceā€ can have more than 10 people on screen at more than 10 frames per second? And how about adding some checks to the gameā€™s client, so that hackers canā€™t do whatever the hell they want with this game?

3 Likes

I agreed with you!

And Iā€™m still sad with the anwser that I got about my transfer had failed to SA server. I had bought The dlc pack 50$(100BRL) and lost everything (characters, itens and time) because an error by IMC when they have had done the transfer. They said: ā€œThe period to transfer has already over, sorry we canā€™t do nothingā€.

I love tree of savior too. I can tolerance the restrictions the price the lag, but I canā€™t tolerant the game content. Itā€™s too linear, nothing for me to look forward to reaching end gameā€¦

On the side note: IMC was great at the start and iCBT2 was awesome. That was the game we wished for and what we deserved. All they had to do is polish iCBT2 Savior and go with that system, improving that.

Also, iCBT2 was the main reason I fell in love with ToS.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply, it was necessary. I have faith in this game, I expect a lot from you guys. You need to know that aside from the players that are always saying negative things about the game, there are some (like me) that fully support you. Just take your time but fix the issues in a good way. We have faith :kissing_heart:

You arenā€™t just repeating what the whiny entitled part of playerbase wants to hear in order to please at least someone, are you? Apparently 5-6 guilds competing for bosses on Klaipeda is ā€œmonopolizationā€. Here we thought we are having end game content, but its ā€œmonopolizationā€. First there were several parties, now its several guilds, but its still ā€œmo-no-poli-zationā€. People undercut each other in order to sell at least something = control the market aka ā€œmo-no-poli-zationā€. Have you ever been ingame at least once?
You of all people supposed to know that its implemented within game mechanics to be able to obstruct other boss hunting parties with several skills if not dozen, thus evening the odds with something like overgeared fletcher. You arenā€™t supposed to be clueless about this. Game doesnā€™t need your involvement and especially with that bad ā€œsolutionā€.

1 Like

lol with a community like this I can see why she would leave.

11 Likes
1 Like

Mr. Kim,

I feel that you should take one personā€™s opinions with a grain of salt and focus on overwhelming problems. Many players constantly advocate the work and patching you have done to improve the game while others disrespect and disregard the efforts put out.

Some of the points are valid, the trade restrictions I agree with, as they could be a little more user friendly by allowing us to trade our premium items and silver between characters.

The server instability is out of your hands and we know for a fact that you have been working very hard to solve the problems given.

Community outreach is important and I think any community manager should strive to at least make themselves known in communication to the player. In-game communication is usually most effective at quelling those that are barking the loudest.

The ability to buy TP is again not your problem, most people are more upset over the price, while I believe pricing for packs is completely fine and the users are just more upset that they waited until the best value packs were off saleā€¦ this could be taken into consideration by your experienced team and you would get a better result than my opinion.

You mentioned the boss changes, but I feel like this should be pointed outā€¦

This is very important if you read nothing else in my post read thisā€¦

Those changes are a horrible and ghastly idea, nobody likes them, not even the players that ā€œstruggleā€ to get world boss loot. The reason being, right now even if you donā€™t deserve boss loot because your character has not been built for bossing, you can party with a player to obtain that loot.

However the mistake was not adding a timer, it was adding a UNIVERSAL 8 hour timer that stops you from obtaining boss loot from ANY boss.

I feel like it is necessary to make a comparison like punishing a man with death for litteringā€¦ This is overkill. I for one am not against having a timer, even as a build specifically designed for world bossingā€¦ but the rate you used in korea will kill this game. Currently end game content boils down to making an alt, ET(limited) and uncompleted with no rewards, and lastly world bossing.

If you restrict world bossing to once every 8 hours everyone will just camp one boss and gear will become unobtainable, people will idle in the game, botting for things will become more common as players become universally frustrated with the inability to obtain improvements.

You cannot just listen to every level 200 that is mad because they canā€™t kill dullahan, you have to actually look at the game, your community managers should look at the world bosses and see that there are a wide range of people that get world bosses, and they often ask people if they would like to join for loot.

This server does not have a problem with world bossing, and a change this strict in reaction to a problem a different version of the game that has been running FAR LONGER, is not okay.

The other guy threatened to leave the game, if you take world bossing away, you will lose the people with 1000 hours played and tons of money in the game, instead of losing the players with 50 hours played wondering why they canā€™t kill the strongest monsters in the game.

Please rethink your egregious over-nerf to the field bossing system before you decide to bring that plague to our server.

EDIT: There seems to be some miscommunication, I am not against a timer, I am against the change they made in Korea. Which prohibits you from getting more than 1 boss cube every 8 hours of in game time. This means if you kill cerberus, you are then restricted from world bossing ANY world boss in ANY field for the next 8 IN GAME hours. So that is why it is an over-nerf.

If the timer were 5 hours (not in game hours) and applied to each individual boss seperately, like each player can only kill DULLAHAN once every it would apply just as much availability for bosses, without forcing players to camp in game, and without literally creating a system where half the bosses go untouched permanently.

1 Like

Too bad, the so called ā€œTRUSTā€ was long goneā€¦

Actions speaks louder than words Mr. Kim and if you want your player base back, do something that will literally change the current state of ToS -read the news btw, and I wasā€¦ :confused:

I just hope this game will be much better in the coming days or soā€¦
Iā€™m really sorry but for now, I canā€™t emphasize nor trust those words coming from you.

This is what Iā€™m feeling right now until IMC fix the damn whole game.

11 Likes

damn
true story
i know what you feel bro

1 Like