Tree of Savior Forum

I demand justice for my ban

As you all may know(some of you may be happy for this), I am Nulight from Klaipeda. I’ve played this game for 3+ years since the game launched. Never had a ban/restriction on my account before. The only thing I can recall is when they froze everyone’s account for the DPK bug, which I had no information about and did not abuse. I play with my wife aCh and we are pretty active players. Last night we, and another guild member who has no connection to this, were randomly banned for “Violating EULA Terms & Service”

Last night I was approached by a Game Master “[GM] Cherry” while farming in baubas cave and leeching guildies and leveling my Squire. The GM said “hi” and I replied back, so we started talking. Without checking the MAC address of my devices, the GM ONLY checked my IP address of my accounts and was about to ban me. I can literally be banned for having me/my wife playing on the same IP address for “multi-boxing.” This rule only applies to people multi-boxing on the same computer. After explaining the situation, the GM told me he could not punish me and left. A few hours later, we got kicked off the game and noticed we were IP banned on the Klaipeda server only.

Apparently, you are able to be banned for having multiple accounts on the same IP address, but they are not willing to check the MAC address of the accounts devices before issuing a severe punishment such as a permanent ban. People can abuse much worse things and get temporary restrictions.

On a side note, a guild member who has no involvement in this case “Matsuda” was randomly punished as well. Was this a mistake, or a power abuse? Our guild member has no connection to farming in baubas cave, besides farming on his SR. Is there any way to seek justice to this, or am I supposed to give up a 3+year investment for a generic ticket reply of “Violated EULA Terms & Service” ? Here is my screenshot proofs:

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan

6 Likes

niiiiiice the hunt of multi accounts. Finally

sadly with vpn it will never happen

2 Likes

saus10 still full of the same botters and macroers, and yet GMs focus on players who are undoubtedly playing the game legitimately. I don’t think IMC can do anything right.

how do these GMs and devs manage to do everything wrong consistently, it just boggles my mind.

anyways lets hope that you are unbanned or unrestricted, especially since you had a full conversation with GM cherry and still got banned…

6 Likes

I agree that you should be unbanned, I don’t think you cheat although I can never say for sure.

However I can see why you were banned a little so just want to ask you about that.

“You know what that is right?”
“This is the same computer?”
“???”

I’m going to assume you’re not using the same computer, but just that they exist in the same house hold and use the same internet, but why didn’t you explain that if it’s the case? This GM clearly thinks your using the same computer, it feels like it’d be easier to just explain how it’s not. If that’s the case.

As far as the first screenshot goes, I see nothing wrong with the pillars, it almost feels like they are intentionally there for strategic use, but even if it’s “cheating” who cares. Cheating in PvE is not cheating, you’re not being unfair to anyone.

and “warning about it in forums” what a ■■■■■■■ joke, nobody reads this garbage. Especially the posts made by IMC, they’re usually useless posts that just link you to a news page on the site, or “Hey we banned 1-2 gold sellers that were completely obvious”

3 Likes

I should’ve provided more context, but I assumed(key word, I assumed and that was wrong) that the GM would check the IP and MAC addresses respectively, if he/she was going to attack me with multiple ways to find a reason to ban. I wanted the GM to double check and confirm for him/herself that I was in fact, not using the same computer, and my wife also plays on the same IP address.

Also, going to insert further proof that IMC was fishing for a ban on me(going to edit it into the main post):

1 Like

Honestly this isn’t bannable offense, I don’t know why you guys choose to ban players based on multiple PC when it’s clearly allowed as per the ticket. Many of the top players in our region and other regions play under 3+ PCs, and even do Velcoffer by themselves with it. It also does not violate EULA.

2 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_…

4 Likes

“Maybe I’ll come down. Maybe I wont”

4 Likes

Same here … i play with my boyfriend from home… i dont know what happend just was afk…

teamname : Saturnzwilling
teamname: Laramaus

So … we dont mind that we are banned we are still in the “give this thing a try phase”

But yeah … to know what happend (an email or steam message what went wrong would be nice)

3 Likes

It’s been in the name all along, IMC just flipped the u letter.

Baubas Cave = Banbas Cave

If players deserved the ban then megalul, hearing that a few others got banned too. It sounds more like a mass banning spree just happened and either the banned players are acting like they didn’t do anything wrong, or IMC screwed up along the way and banned innocent players along the way.

IMC never gives any explanation for bans IIRC, but would be wondering if staff could just put a word in to clarify things.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. IMC staff does not give out any form of information regarding your ban. They determine what they feel is “proof” and push forward a ban. As evidenced by the GM speaking to me about multiple accounts on the same IP. I provided proof via ticket response that you are allowed to use different accounts only if you are on different computers. A simple MAC address check would show specifically if there are different computers being used. MAC address basically checks if the computer is unique or not(example, your bf and you have different MAC addresses), and the IP address is just under the same internet connection.

let me use a cheat in pve to win tons of silver without doing anything. Cause cheating in pve is not cheating. lol nope / / 2 0 c h a r

Pillar are used to afk farm, imc had already spent effort (or not) to stop afk silver farm. So basically it seems to be against what imc wanted…but after three years of nothing, and not fixing every single way to abuse, who cares, right?

4 Likes

Should they also unban

Cgare**
gbgert**

Maybe they were falsely banned too. Surely its a grand conspiracy and nobody violates the rules.

1 Like

Irrelevant, but ok. Comparing apples to oranges.

Everyone who is banned likes to make a case on how they were the one who was falsely banned. Surely IMC made a mistake not once, but several times on a number of accounts seen doing the same thing they’ve made changes to address and are continuing to make changes to address.

It goes back to them not being obligated to tell you why you were banned. They own your account and all of its goodies and owe you nothing if you broke their rules. Everyone would love to plead ignorance and hope it covers them. I’ve seen time and again people ignoring the Terms of Service that you can view here.

For everyone to lazy to read them over (though you have agreed to them by playing ToS), this is something worth reading.

Users are abusing the monster AI/inability to hit players
Users are abusing the pillar’s quest/gimmick
Users are gaining illicitly

Could also be worth considering

Or

But no, I’m sure everything is on the level and all of those things are irrelevant and you and everyone else did nothing wrong.

4 Likes

i guess there are 2 things happening that got gm’s attention Owo

1. multiboxing

2. pillar abuse

since it may look like a single person is cheating given the conditions

the scenario was able to rule out that you’re not multiboxing in one unit

but the mere fact you challenged the gm’s request to not use the pillar in an unintended manner by propelling stand-offish responses is equivalent to intentionally abusing the game’s bug.

That, aside from admitting it yourself by declaring there is nothing wrong with utilizing such abuse

you’re trying to tell gm that they allowed such things so that people with criminal mindset would naturally use it, that the solution, according to you, is to remove the catalyst

but here’s the thing, people who have a criminal mindset are naturally inclined to be abusive, not just in that specific scenario, but in general. and you just triggered yourself to be in that status

instead of correcting yourself, you are defending an action that you are fully and extensively aware that is wrong

i wonder how this would end if your reply was something along the lines of “gee officer, i didn’t know. this will not happen again”

gm is just doing her job on catching abusive players, and you got the justice you demanded. so i don’t see why you’re asking something that’s already been served

8 Likes

I’m not going to argue with you, you are free to your opinion, but do you feel a perma ban is correct in this scenario? There are much worse things going on on this game, with minimal to no punishment. Macro users, bots, PVP exploits, etc. Most of these players, even something as toxic as RMT, only gives a 15day ban.

1 Like

OK let’s clear this up. We didn’t ban you because you were AFK farming in Baubas. After you and Cherry had your little chat I’ve looked into your market transactions and connections made to game from your IP. It seems that someone in your household(lol it was your cat wasn’t it?) had created 50+ accounts to exploit an event that was started out of good will towards players and your “wife’s” account was funneling massive amounts of CM portals, monster albums and etc to “your” account.

This is enough grounds for us to ban you because you are transferring items between different accounts because you know that we will ban you if you transfer silver via listing items for ridiculous prices on the market. You could still make the argument that you were transferring those items in order to enjoy the game together with your “wife” but coming from a guy who created 50+ accounts to exploit event to gain massive blessed gems? You expect us to believe you?

I gave everyone a warning on the forums to stop farming/macroing on Baubas pillars but people decided not to listen. So, everyone I see on those pillars who respond to GM calls I’m gonna go into scrutiny looking at your market history and acc connections to see if you’ve taken advantage of the game in any other incriminating ways.

ps.
I went to Sausis afterward and banned macros there too. They were much easier to ban because they were blatantly macroing

27 Likes

Riiiiiight…

10 Likes

well, to be honest. when gm actually made an effort in an investigation, don’t you think those are things that should have been taken as seriously? owO

the mere fact you’ve labeled yourself to have abusive tendencies pretty much makes you a potential offender on the list of offenses

i am quite sure someone will get the same punishment if they admitted to gm that they are doing RMT and be adamant on it straight in the face

1 Like