Tree of Savior Forum

I am gonna be the unpopular guy and say it

Reminder that IMC isn’t a small company. They’re developing another MMO already, see Wolfknights.
Their decisions ■■■■■■ up ktos already, no surprise if itos ends up the same.

2 Likes

Honestly, have you ever heard of any MMORPG that offers a 1-month or 3-month headstart for paying users? Most games don’t offer more than 5 days or 1 week at most.

It’s a really bad idea to make f2p players wait for so long. By the time they can jump into the game, many of them will have lost interest due to long wait time and upon hearing the negative reviews on steam and forums.

1 Like

Pretty much. I don’t intend to log in for at least 2 weeks when they open the servers to F2P crowd. It will be unplayable.

You are funny (OP), you should go drink up your bottle of milk first before spouting out nonsense

I can’t believe there are still people who thought (and apparently still think) the 3 month head start idea was a good one…

@ZooLz8l Would you want to play a game where other players have a 3 month head start on you? Would you be willing to stop playing ToS today, wait 3 months and come back?

The most important question is: Do you actually and truly believe other players would want to do the same?

The reason why the servers got hit so hard is that nobody wants to start off at a ‘disadvantage’, so everyone ended up having weak self-control and pretty much everyone who wanted to play the game ended up getting a founders pack of some sort.

Will we see a further influx of players who were on the fence or who didn’t care that much about ToS also play when the servers open up? Yes for sure.

Besides, this kind of post is the worst kind of unproductive, what are you suggesting imc do at this point? The box has already been opened, you can’t stuff everything that leaked out back in. The best course of action is for imc to continue to add more servers (specifically during weekends) until the problem alleviates itself and the player population normalizes.

You want to play a game where people hwve 1 month head start on you?

It’s not smart assuming small dev studio can back a huge MMO project the same way established publishers do. Those publishers can afford to buyout rights from developers and have ongoing for years long term contracts for server locations and server support. Dumping few physical servers in the same room where they keep other mmo servers is not a problem for them. Same goes for borrowing or swapping staff members. MMO that was on the market for 2-3 years won’t suffer when they steal couple of tester, GMs or one of the community managers for a grand opening of their new tittle.

All they had to do was run leveling event for new players. Characters created after the official release date would get bonus XP, free potions, dungeon passes, etc.

How do you think other companies lure new players in? You don’t always get to play on brand new server. People still join and catch up to veterans thanks to events.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How has that worked out for EVE? Truth is, very few people want to start playing a game where they are already at a ‘disadvantage’.

Again serious question, would you seriously be willing to stop playing ToS for 3 months and come back? Because if you’re serious about it, follow through.But if you are being honest with yourself and about the preferences of other gamers, then you’ll know that this argument just falls flat.

So let us put this whole ‘we should have done a 3 month founders’ idea to rest. It never should have come back from the grave.

EVE IS NOT a normal MMO. It’s on whole different level due to their server technology and gameplay structure. If you want to compare something don’t mix apples and oranges.

I have rerolled after YEARS on EU Lineage II server. It was the king of a grindfest mmo. You couldn’t afford upgrading to basic armor on next rank without clan help, some events or fighting with other parties over the field bosses. I personally used the castle system for seeding and grinding mobs whenever I could beat the bots to it.

It was a blast. My most found mmo memories are from back then.

Expecially since, if we go even more back in time, IMC did announce an OBT SO, if they actually sticked to the original plan at this point we should be playing OBT with absolutly no interference from the players

1 Like

Okay fine, I don’t agree with your argument, especially since I don’t personally see EVE as being ‘special’ but okay let’s give you that one, how about the rest of my post?

Then it be ok as 3 month as well. I am not the one haveing this problem.

Look at my edit, will you?

And you think the majority of mmo players have the same preferences as you?

EDIT: If you truly truly from the bottom of your heart believe this, then all I can say is “okay” and walk away, you can have your ‘win’.

EDIT2: For everyone else who can be reasoned with, you can take a look at some empirical data on the issue: Announcement Regarding Changes in Plans (Poll Closed)

Yes, I’m aware that the options clearly had a preferred bias that imc wanted players to choose, but would that poll have happened if there wasn’t an absolute onslaught of criticism? Would that onslaught have occurred if what @Nuinouo is suggesting is true? That most mmo players would be okay with some portion of the community getting 3 months of head start?

You asked “IF I WOULD” not what the community would do.

And to be honest others would go for it if the publisher present it right and put a sugar on top of it. Players would just thank them for awesome release with bunch of events after recovering from the initial grumpiness caused by not playing the game as soon as they hoped to.

Does it take 4+ months to implement a better chat filter?

EDIT: I get it, I get it, imc is a company with real financial issues, they need to get all the time and money they can get. You can play good cop, I want to hold them responsible for their actions because they owe it to their paying players and loyal fans to do better than whatever this situation currently is.