Tree of Savior Forum

I am gonna be the unpopular guy and say it

People were mad about being mislead with the real OBT dates. There were announcements stating they get to play in March and there was no Founders Headstart disclaimer. Two weeks later we got the headstart chart, which indicated that the global F2P release got postponed by 3 months. Of course people would protest and vote to play sooner. This whole thing should have been presented in appropriate way before people got any expectations.

And you seem to at least be suggesting that the current flow events is perfectly okay. I am not buying that narrative. So we are more than free to disagree.

Yes, letā€™s just continue on this path of imc is doing their best! Itā€™s true that sometimes your best isnā€™t good enough. But I would argue they are really not doing their best, at least compared to other similar mmo development companies. But hey! Letā€™s see where it goes:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sighā€¦ yes, free stuff indeed >_>

But imc are doing their best. lol

These look to be wonderful ā€˜ideasā€™.

2 Likes

During an MMO launch at least 50% of the posting players -which does not indicate real % ratio of player base- are unhappy with ques, lags, bugs, bots, etc (which you can see in every new MMO). Thatā€™s why MMO publishers rarely register their games on steam so early or at all. It would gather too much negative posts.

Someone stuck in que, locked out by launcher bug or non founder member is more likely to sit on the forums or steam comment section complaining than a happy/neutral gamer to log out of the game and post his feedback.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I will go slowely , so you can catch up. I see that you are young , so I might try to explain some other things too:

3 months with 50$ pack -> Letā€™s say that half of the current players
1 month with more option -> Current player base with huge numbers. + much more money

Not to mention that with this option people will buy the 10$ pack cause wellā€¦itā€™s not a big deal? You know, this is a huge amount of money when it comes together. Still with me?

We are at the first week of the EA, which ones that these problems wouldnā€™t be solved, even if it were the 3 months one.

• Many things not addressed because of the smaller playerbase

• The bugs, crashes would be still here, nothing would change.

Still here? Still on the topic?

What would change if itā€™s 3 months EA? That most of the bugs which are caused by the mass of the people would be addressed 3 months later. That would mean, that we would still have these problems after 3 months. Basicly, after the 3 months are over, the same things which are problems now, would be problem then! The only difference is that itā€™s a problem later, not sooner.

Still here? Or lost the line? Might read again, if you donā€™t understand it.

These problems now were addressed by the community long-long time ago, they just didnā€™t listen. These problems are not ā€œtimeā€ problems, these are lazyness, unprofessionalism problems. Nothing elseā€¦ People said that they need an EU server. What happened? They had to do it 4 hour laterā€¦ People said they need SEA serverā€¦ 12 hour later.

These things are not solved by 3 months.

If you canā€™t catch up, itā€™s ok. 4-5 more year and you will be able.

1 Like

Again apples to oranges. Warframe gameplay is based on co-op mission, not open world exploration. Itā€™s not affected by general MMO issues as much as a traditional MMORPG is. Compare Warframe to Guild Wars I, if you must be comparing something.

And which part of Steam holds the money for 3 weeks donā€™t you get? They didnā€™t want to spare 1 whole server for EU, because they didnā€™t had money for it. They had to cut 1 backup NA server for it and could reason to do it only after getting data from Steam sales, which was still shifting on a launch day. Too little money, too little time. Sucks for us and is bad for IMC, but couldnā€™t be helped at that point.

Like a company like imc couldnā€™t contract a one month loanā€¦
Plz, donā€™t give them excuses.

THIS^ just that!
And people still defend imc, as always with blind beliefā€¦

IMC developed one of the most popular MMOs in Korea back in 2006, theyā€™re not poor.
And again, theyā€™re even developing another MMO on top of all this.

ToS is published by Nexon in Korea.

If IMC just sold the rights they had a cut covering just the expenses and few updates. This should be checked.

Itā€™s not the players fault if IMC handle things right now, its not the players fault IMC made a decision to change the EA plan, IMC agreed with the players and we should be happy IMC is willing to listen to their player base. And i hope they will continue to listen to us in the future.

Mmo launches are always bumpy and laggy, and it will all get solved within due time. Nobody is crying. But people should still have the right to complain about things within the game they disagree with, if everyone stayed silent all the time nothing would get changed.

And if they found after a time they canā€™t afford to sustain less populated EU server and are better off shifting in back to NA server, then what? EU players would be outraged and demanded refund.

Arcturece was right, also. a lot of people wouldve left, and not came back. you saw they already lost 80% of their players when they had the 3 month plan? a lot of people thought they were greedy and the game would be p2w. they are actually making way more money right now than if thye had the 50$ plan.

haha. pulling the ā€œyou are young i am oldā€ card. something you should not do if you have no clue about those things.
I am pretty sure i am older than most on here. But that does not matter really. Maybe you are even older than me, but it does not matter either. because if you are a stupid 12 year old or a stupid 60 year old, still makes you stupid.
All your reasoning shows me that you donā€™t have the slightest idea how to run a company or how to run a game.
I understand all your arguments. i did right from the start. but it is still one layer lower then mine. you talk about money, like it is all that matters to run a company. but this is simply not true. if you had experience in running a company, then you would know that you need good people to be successful. and the dont grow on trees. you need to handpick them.
A 3 months headstart with 3 phases would have given them a steady influx of money. not a sudden burst. and they could slowly hire and educate staff to run this game. the would haven been able to start with just 1 server. the problems we see would still happen. but only on one server. much easier to handle with less staff. then one month later expand etc.
But the discussion is mood. you seem to lack half of the knowledge i base my argumentation on. as long as you just see the money and keep thinking of IMC as ā€œthe big companyā€ (which quite ironical, exactly is what young people tend to do, because they have no idea about the buisines world) that means just harm to us and wants to do a cash grab, while failing to see their problems, too(and i am not defending them just saying there are two sides to the medal).
I will stop responding to your post from now on based on the reasons above. have fun.

Nowā€¦read my post again, cause the previous post is my answer on that post of yoursā€¦

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkinā€™ about, we are not on the same level yet. If you donā€™t understand it, read it again and again.