Tree of Savior Forum

How to get rid of RMT

Trying to add some suggestions or ideas that would also be new content / style of playing:

In Tibia we had an option to choose between two NPC stories, after completing the quests the character would be able to sell items for one of them. This enabled you to farm items that had more value and/or buy from others to sell to these NPCs.

I can think of a similar system in ToS in which we could subscribe to an NPC that fits a specialization. For an example, we could have a character to sell recipes for reasonable prices, other to sell items/recipes based on rarity, other to sell plate armor parts, other to sell weapons.

I can’t really say this would work or not. But surely it will increase silver gain while making us have a way to actually make money in different places AND with different characters, even Tanks or Supports, as we could select another merchant option and transfer items through Team Storage. It would also make us want to increase it to big transfers instead of gears only transfer.

If you really think about it, there’s only one well known place to make silver (not by selling items and not dependent on RNG / bossing) and to make it in a effective way you can only have about one person per channel which means only about 7 characters can farm silver effectively in a given time with great effort for a low amount per hour. This is why I think this would help a bit on the issue while also making people play more and giving more content.

1 Like

You always hit the nail on the head.So refreshing.

As someone who’s excitedly been playing the International version of your game since iCBT1 and been a regular on the forum, it’s both baffling and heartbreaking to me what’s going on with ToS, @hkkim.

I’m sorry,but restrictions like these aren’t ones that solve the botting issue.You can’t expect your already clearly unhappy playerbase to be supportive of more actions that further negatively impact the player. Enough of this,please.

Any of these suggestions would work, or the old method of live GM’s in-game actually monitoring for and banning bots.Then you wouldn’t have so many tickets and people complaining about poor response times.

Bots are bad,we all understand that.But you have to draw the line somewhere when it starts hurting legitimate players and rethink your strategy.Bot prevention doesn’t mean a thing if actual players aren’t around to see your efforts,good or bad.

7 Likes

I’ll quote the entire thing since you like to split responses, more cancerous response, here’s the full quote:

I mentioned attribute maxing, since that is a silver sink, a counterpoint to your argument about inflation, but you seemed to have failed to realize that, and instead decided to pick apart my responses.

Again, does it matter? If a player can feasibly achieve his/her goals, they have no reason to do so.

It’s okay if you delete your posts, everything is quoted. I personally am just not here to deal with players like you, but if you had a strong point for me to counter, or not be able to counter, I would leave to hear it. For now you have presented minimal thought ideas, and cancerous pick-a-part responses.

@LunarRabbit A very interesting feature, and definitely something I would love to see in the future, but it sounds like something that would take awhile to setup.

2 Likes

Silver sinks wont make a difference on the inflation. that is why i left it out. We have the same exact silver sinks, yet we would gain more silver. So the silver sinks dont matter at all and is a stupid excuse.

Yes, it does matter if bots can sell more silver for less. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

Man youre dumb. Sure i didnt explain every single detail in my first post, but i explained it more on the other ones since you insisted and i told you why i didnt put much detail as well. Ill leave my posts up then. it wasnt for my benefit to delete them anyway.

Like i said sometimes i dont want to have a back and forth discussion with people, so i will leave this thread now.

You should get rid of the attitude though. There are going to be people that disagree with you, it doesnt mean you should be a ■■■■.

Not more. We would gain the same as KToS with what hes proposing. So same not more. As Ktos has displayed the silver sinks for the values they earn are fine.

Why does that not matter? Are you unaware that we have less silver gain than kToS right now?

Let’s do some quick math with approximations.

Currently in kToS, 5 runs of the 130 dgn nets you 1.2m, it is there average money making daily method.

For us, ask anyone, and a majority will tell you that they farm 200k/hr in Demon Prison/Dina bee farm, through either camping the area from leveling parties, or using auto-pot. Even then, a majority of players would not nearly reach the levels of money a kToS player can achieve easily/daily.

Now for inflation, let’s do some math here.

Silver sinks:

1. Attributes: Around 60-80m to get lvl 100 enhance, players need on average 3-5 of these, with future ranks needing more at a higher cost.

2. Dungeon deaths = ~5% money loss.

3. Gear upgrading, costs around 20m+ for higher level gear.

4. Lolopanther gear repairing, costs around 20k+ for EACH PIECE.

5. Rerolling cubes, 200k-400k at higher levels.

6. Mob drops at the highest level map, average around 200 - 300 silver every 10ish mobs… This was put in here, not as as silver sink, but as a comparison to the silver sinks above.

7. Warping, 5k+ on average.

8. Trascendancy system soon, yet another silver, and plenty more.

9. 50% tax on all crafting classes.

10. Awakening costs.

And I haven’t touched all the silver sinks yet. YET SOMEHOW you believe that this is not enough inflation yet it’s proven that it is in kToS to stop any major inflation.

Please, a little more thought, don’t dismiss an idea without countering it. Even if I have called you out, and said mean things to your ideas, I presented a counter to each and every one. As you can see from my previous posts, I gladly accept any disagreements, and sometimes even agree with them after reading a strong argument. You have presented nothing but useless points, disregarding points I’ve made, and points with minimal thought, that is the truth.

2 Likes

I completely agree with points #1 and #3. I am not entirely sure if point #2 it is necessary, but it couldn’t hurt.

Increasing silver gains to the point where players can actually afford repairs, attributes, gear-upgrades, buying items from the market, without having to rely on buying silver from RMT… will most likely reduce the number of RMTers.

Why would you take the risk to buy silver off of an RMTer when you can get sufficient silver from playing the game? The same applies to low-drop rate items. If you can get those items yourself there is very little reason to take the risk in buying them off RMTers.

As it stands, with low silver gains and insanely low drop rates (killing over 50k of a mob for a single item… :sob:), it is not surprising that the RMT market is thriving.

3 Likes

I don’t think 2 is necessary, but I don’t think it brings harm, and it does help mitigate RMT, as well as help players stand on a more even playing field.

But I don’t expect IMC to take all these suggestions, or any at all, I would be happy with 1-3.

If you have any other suggestions, that would be great too.

yea im back, Ill just add one thing. Im going to translate your ideas to make them easier to read.

1. Increase silver gain so i can max my attributes easier.

2. add dungeon currency so i dont waste my time with talt

3. Make silver an account currency so i can max my attributes easier.

So selfish. Making these ideas for your benefit, not really caring about RMT. Please put a little more thought if you want to hide your selfish motives.

This is what I mean by cancerous responses, and no strong counter point.

Thanks for your useful contributions.

Youre welcome. Just trying to help people understand what youre getting at. Thank you for your strong points showing thats not really what you want.

I’m sure, what would people do without your translations? I guess you believe it would be too hard for people to understand what their reading, or form their own opinions. Definitely not translating things to support your own opinions. But I thank you for your translating work. Cancerous as ■■■■.

Just ignore him or hell keep coming back with the same nothing. Trust me i intentionally crash many threads.

Also how about using talt as the dungeon currency? Could also create its own market as lazy players would buy them to get things faster and give it a another purpose outside of guild uses.

Talt as a dungeon currency is a little sketchy. Talt can be traded, meaning players can buy up talt and get dungeon gear, and that would somewhat defeat a purpose of dungeon currency. It should still be somewhat difficult, and players should have a reason to do each dungeon without being able to just buy out the currency for the gear.

Also talt is used for guild levels, and it’s hard to split between guild levels, making 5k+ from NPC/AH, and then also trying to buy out dungeon gear.

Wakfu uses the #2 for its dungeon system.
There you can drop a item and if you dont get what you want, you can just stack dungeon coins and later trade for what you really want on a “machine” near its entrace.

When this system come up, it hit hard the market forcing prices of itens down. Took a good time to fix and balance it back.

1 Like

Really? How did the fix it? I honestly borrowed that idea from Wakfu, and I played it later, and items were highly priced, but I probably played it after the fix.

The market found its balace by itself. New itens come to get the High priced label, and those which everyone desired was still there, with a reasonable price bcz ppl realized something simple:
“Today, players are lazy, so if they dont want to spent time farming dungeon coins, they can buy it from me with a good price :relaxed:

But, on our case, you are suggesting untradable itens. So, i dont know what will happen… maybe the price will flow through material for recipes.

IMO, in the first month it was a bit depressing bcz rare itens lost its rarity.

Oh, I thought that it was untradeable items you got from the token system (atleast dungeon ones)? Regardless, I think untradeable versions would have little impact on the economy.

Yea because opinions are fine unless they dont align with your ideas. If they dont they are cancerous and you will have 0 tolerance.

If you ask me its your attitude that is cancerous. In your original post, your first 3 paragraphs was fine. They explained more on what i disagreed with. Then you had to add the last paragraph with the attitude. Now look where this lead. Your thread filled with a bunch of bs from the person you offended. good job. Will this end? who knows.

from the token system you get untradable itens, but from normal drop you still can have the same item but tradable.