Tree of Savior Forum

How is kabbalist3?

So I’ve heard kabbalist is not as bad as it used to be when kabbal3 came out. I decided to build one myself. However, I have no idea how they work since I don’t see alot of kabbalist other than ein sof.

My attempted build is full support from diev, miko’s clap to increase the duration of statues. https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#411777ifff.1a243a5561.112f345a6a75.11244555.183f5161857aa5

Few questions:
What does sweeping do?
Kagura seems to be a channeling skill. Can it be interrupted by mobs?
How big is the area of effect for gematria and notarikon?
What does double chance do?
What does geruvia do? From youtube videos, seems like it simply increases damage?

1 Like

Kabba3 is a little support but is oriented for farming or pvp for the skills kit. Btw gevura increase the damage that receive mob (aoe) by the number calculated and double chance is a chance to do multihit in a single target by te same way. Sadly both are bugged and can crash client to you or party members with effects on, there is a thread in bug report session about it.
And for Miko sweeping increase skill lv by 1 to tiles skills type. And yes kagura is channeling skill it will stop if you get dmg knock down push etc but safety is usefull to keep dancing .
For last gematria and notarikon work almost in all what you can see in your screen like a meteor hope this info can help you sry for my english as well jajaaj IMC said is working in the crash issues hope they fix it soon is a nice dmg boost

you sure you want it to be diev 3? you will have a really hard time with that build.

Anyways
-sweeping
increase lv skills of any ground type skills (diev statues, heal, frost cloud, flame ground etc.
-Kagura
It is channeling and can be interrupted
-Gematria & Notarikon
Pretty wide. about 3/5 of your screen.
-Double chance
debuff enemy which cause repeated hit for next damage skill by number shown from gematria/notarikon with chance according to lv skill. At lv 10, you can get 100% chance.

Tip

this skill is useless if you have more people on party. Good when solo or duo. Use this with strong one hit skills. Maybe I can show you a video how to use this effectively if you need.

-Geburah
increase damage based on geburah lv(ex. lv 1 = 20% , lv 5= 100%. At lv 5 it’s similar to lex aterna from RO) and how many times based on number shown by gematria/notarikon

Tip

less useless than double hit chance but better. worse with more people in pt.
The stronger damage given, the better this skill will be

1 Like

Of course I’m not sure about being diev3. This is an ATTEMPTED build. But why would I have a hard time with this build?

So let me get this straight with double chance and geruva.
Double chance lv10: if a mob shows the number 5, then the next 5 hits will be doubled in damage?
Geruva lv5: if a mob shows the number 5, then the next 5 hits will have damage increased by 100% (doubled)?

So what is the difference between double chance and geruva if both are max level?

Sweeping creates circles in the ground where tile-based skills (like Hamaya) gain an extra level (like Hengestone and Divine Might) when the caster is inside the swept area.

Kagura is a channeling skill. Use Fade and Safety Zone before channeling Kagura to avoid being interrupted. Wizards with lvl 2+ Surespell in your party will be helpful.

They have a large AoE. Don’t forget to grab C2 attribute to increase the number of affected targets by Gematria and Notarikon.

Double Chance deals additional hits for the next attack the target receives based on the calculated number with Gematria/Notarikon. The additional hits deals % of damage based on your skill level. Casting lvl 10 Double Chance on an enemy marked with a ‘9’ means they’ll take 10x (100% + 9 x 100%) damage from your next attack. It’s a good skill if you’re playing solo, specially if you’re Sadhu3+Kabba3 to use the Double Chance + ABE combo.

Gevura increases damage for the next N attacks. N is the number calculated with Gematria/Notarikon. With the Minimal Correction attribute, you don’t need to cast Gematria/Notarikon and your next 3 attacks will deal 2x damage. It’s great for Bokor3+Kabba3 because you can cast Gevura during the delay between Damballa casting and the explosions. For maximum damage, you cast Gematria/Notarikon first, then Damballa+Gevura. If you’re Sadhu3+Kabba3, this is the skill to boost Possession damage.

Apologize if I offend you. Purely just asking.
Normally it’s paired with bokor 3 due to dambala or effigy idue to its high damage non multi hit skill.

For example let’s say:

• there is a dragoon in your pt and he deal 777k damage and,
  • a mob that when used gematria shown number 6
  1. Double hit chance -> dragon fall = 777k x 6 (I am soo gonna make a video of this for lul)

2. geburah -> dragon fall = 1.444k. But geburah still in effect for next 5 hit for other skills.(You can’t use dragon fall 6 times can’t you?)

another example, same as above but let’s change with doppel that hit flat 222k x4 with zornhau.

1. Double hit chance > zornhau = 222k x10 hits

2. geburah> zornhau = 444k x4. Geburah still in effect for next 2 hit

Edit: By the way, it’s geburah lv 5 which give 100% damage. and double hit chance lv 10 to ensure 100% probability

@Megiddo_Yggdra uh… Why would I be offended? I asked a question and you answered.

Hm… So basically if gematria yields a high number, double chance is better. But if gematria yields a low number, non-multihit high damage skills with gevura is better.

Double Chance multiplies hit damage, it does not add a chance (the skill name is misleading).

It multiplies the damage several times, with level 1 dealing 10% of the initial attacks damage several times (2-9 times, it doesn’t work with numbers 1 and 0 unless you’ve got the attribute Double Chance:Minimum Correction, then it will at least multiply every hit 3 times, even without casting Gematria and Notarikon before).

Gevurah/Geburah also multiplies damage, but instead of multiplying one hit several times, it multiplies several hits one time. The maximum damage boost you can get from this is 2,2 times the damage at level 6 for 0-9 hits (again, if you have the number 0, the skill does nothing, except if you’ve got the attribute Gevura:Minimum Correction, then it will always multiply at least 3 hits).

Note that Gevurah does not work together with innate skill multipliers like e.g. Effigys 3rd hit multiplier.
It will in these cases still use up a charge/hit count of the debuff, but won’t multiply the damage further.

Both skills have the general problem that they trigger on anything that deals damage, so mind your companion, summons, Revenged Sevenfold, autoattacks and/or those of other players (especially bad in crowded situations like dungeons/demon lord battles/guild bosses), so they are not very useful if triggered at the wrong time.

Don’t bother using them if there’s an autoattacker in the party (e.g. those cancerous Quarrel Shooters), it’s a waste of your time [skill delay] and SP (especially with the attributes active,the skills cost a lot of SP, ~500-700, just to multiply the damage of a summon or autoattack is a waste).

All in all Kabbalist C3 is really bad, it deserves a lot better than that to be actually worth a Rank 7 Class that occupies your current 3 final Ranks.
The one thing it excels in is survivability (Ein Sof and the Class Attribute Kabbalah Garments will make you into an HP-sponge), but it doesn’t change the fact that it simply lacks damage options currently (will become a lot better from Rank 10 onwards when people can advance into Inquisitor,Taoist,Zealot and/or the new,yet unrevealed Rank 8 Cleric Class) to be a good round-up of your build.

Also, full support builds are not viable in the game. They are good for certain endgame content [e.g. Belcoper Nest], but they are a waste of ressources [e.g. attribute points] as they can’t be effectively mained [dead partyplay outside of challenge mode&demon lord hunting] or solo farm equipment…

kabba 3 is pretty bad as support actually. kabba 2 is enough for actual supporting using Merkabah that causes extra damage lines if they are on top of merkabah. Kabba 3 barely adds anything to the table as support. Geburah has long CD and limited targets to actually affect CMs and not really good against boss with multiple pt mate hitting the same thing (like low DoT eats Geburah stacks).
So if you are Kabba 3, you are as good as a support as Kabba 2.

And also note that Kabba 3 Geburah and Merkabah can cause VGA error if you are teamed up with someone that has multihit AOE skill (mergen, Shinobi clones + kunai) and it hits several enemies, so you have even less functionality of supporting with this. (Happened to me in CM stage 3 and above)

There are reasons why Kabba3 is popping up more and more. Velcoffer, Demon Lords, higher level Guild Raids, and the upcoming Territory Wars all need kabba3 to keep everyone alive.

Sure, in casual content like stage 5 CM, it’s hardly necessary. So is every other rank in the cleric tree. All you need in stage 5 CM is a cleric 2 to lay down heal tiles and keep everyone alive. In dungeons and saalus, nobody even needs any kind of cleric. And why bother using any kind of cleric for farming when you can have better net profit using thauma or corsair?

You don’t say a build is bad or a role is unnecessary when you don’t even know what content the person wants to do with their character.

You can consider having priest2 instead of putting in 3 circles of diev for harder content. Revive alone is worth putting in 2 circles of priest for end game. Diev3 is mostly for static content such as CM and ET.

1 Like

Nope, that is a wrong assumption. If Kabbalist really was needed for this, then why is there only 1 Kabba C3 in those parties? A party has 5 Players and Kabbalist C3 only offers 2x Ein Sof per CD, so if Kabbalist really was needed, this would result in parties having at least 2 Kabbalist C3 players to provide 4x Ein Sof.

However, this is not the case. People can still survive without Ein Sof, otherwise 3 of 5 players would be permanently dead in Belcoper raid since they run with only one Kabbalist C3 player.

The reason why Kabbalist C3 is popular is simply because people don’t like to put their status points into CON and invest into their armor (+11 armor is becoming more common, but have you seen many people with +16 or higher armor? Armor transcendence is also quite rare, mainly TBL players transcend any of their armor to survive).
That’s not all,though. Status boost potions and skill scrolls are also rarely used, although they can help a lot with survival.

To state that Kabbalist C3 is needed is simply not true, it is an alternative to investing in your character/building it to actually survive on its own.

Because some people only want to play Cleric? I don’t care if Thauma or Corsair is better for farming, I simply dislike the idea of having to play an alt even more than I already have to to get my Solmiki gears/blessed shards.
I want to farm on the character I main, and it’s a Kabbalist because the Class is unique to this game.

Btw, I forgot to correct this one:

This is not true.
It’s actually rather the opposite, because Gevurah can’t go past the damage cap with its multiplication.
So if the attack already hits over 389000 damage, multiplying the damage simply will result in 777777 damage.
Gevurah is actually stronger with AoE multihit skills than with strong single target skills (in this case Double Chance provides better overall damage).

1 Like

What kind of logic do you have?

You want to farm with a class that has the lowest dmg in the game???

Oh sorry I think you forgot that team slots exist to create other builds specialized on something

1 Like

Maybe because most parties have a Linker 3 RC support to share highest HP from Kabbalist 3 (Full CON) in a Velcoffer run?

EDIT: To OP, Kabbalist 3 has good use in endgame. Might have a hard time doing things solo, but you’ll be in demand for parties.

Because not everyone in the party has to have ein sof? You give ein sof to 2 of your glass cannons so you’d have less people to worry about dying. Besides, you forgot that some parties in ktos bring in other support classes, such as another cleric or wizard support that have builds that are more lenient in terms of stats or equipment, hence they can wear shields and have con and not get one shot. There are also archers that are more mobile, letting them avoid a lot of the skills that melee dps wouldn’t be able to.

Because transcending armor has been impractical up until they introduced the 2nd update to transcendence. It’s not like transcending weapon where you only have 1 to worry about. You’d have to spend a lot of gems transcending your top, bottom, gloves, and boots. And the whole point of players not adding con is so they can maximize the damage they deal. What the hell is the use of a party if you can’t have strengths and weaknesses that can be supplemented by other partymates?

If that’s your cup of tea, then okay. But most people know that they can’t cover every aspect of the game with just 1 single character.

6 Likes

3 weeks with kabalist bug

1 Like

Kabba 3 is insane tbh.

+20% matk, and you become ranged like a mage if using a rod, also you can block magic attacks with shield.
With Bokor’s Samediveve level 11(divine might) you get 7 movement speed, add the garment bonus and you move at an extra 12 movement speed permanently.
You can combo with your premade party to burst bosses, refill completely mana bars with einsof and triplicate hp of people.
Bokor3 Damballa and Effigy do nice filler damage, especially when you have a good rod.
You can fill the build with miko to buff people in pve or oracle to cancel skills with counter spell in pvp.

1 Like

@GadenRhoss Lol those attributes are pretty much my incentives for kabbalist3, and the double ein sof :star_struck:

Edit: thanks everyone for sharing the info. I will read them carefully and consider what to do. I’m not worried whether kabbalist is good or bad. I have MANY alts to play with. I’m mostly just trying to experience the classes and have fun.

1 Like

Tbh any kabba3 build is a good support for the upcoming raid/content and gvg

Its almost like skills and builds dont exist in a vacuum

1 Like

i don’t understand kabbalist but i’m making a full con sup tomorrow, what skills should i get?
it will be cleric 3 priest 2 oracle kabba 3