Tree of Savior Forum

How IMC increases game difficulty is really worrying

“terrible spawn rate”:

in that topic some people said that on locations too many aggressive mobs, and they loose, surrender and run out in fear. Why you dont go for those locations?

Why you cant run from klaipeda to orsha through fedimian location (yes, run forest, run, there are high level mobs, but you dont need to kil them - just run!!!)

friends meet some strong mobs and run in fear? May be friends should change glass cannon build to balanced with defencive or CC skills and some points in Con stat? =)))

I played iCBT, went up to 200, did as much quest and side quests as I can find on every map till the very last one we can visit, had no problems with these mobs even if I had no CC skill as a pyro ele alche.

I played jCBT, had no problems with these mobs, as ranger, or as krivis, or the op swordie.

I played kOBT, as pyro, boy do I feel the problems.

kOBT wise, Yes, It is difficult to find party because of my play time despite having 20+ people on my flist. Either I’m too slow or I’m too fast. I have people from lv 15-92 on my list yet I can’t find any to party with. Of course, you might say, serve you right for playing on a server that is not intended for your language, iOBT will be better.

no. it will not.

@Dream @LunarRabbit you might want to stop arguing with someone who didn’t try out kOBT because this topic content clearly says kOBT.

So the main reason you’re not able to attain a party is because of the level pacing? D:

I have not had any issues with getting into parties at all, but then again it is because i can speak decent Korean so communicating isn’t an issue.

There are only a couple of maps that are difficult to move through or farm in, but it’s not even a big issue tbh~ The mechanics are a little different and will take time to get used to for many players, this is true. Orbwalking or Kiting is the best way to engage large mobs of archers or magi’s. Orsha’s map is pretty beefy in terms of getting out alive but it’s easily mitigated by a good tank and healer.

If we’re talking purely solo, yes, its almost impossible until you hit a higher damage range. The parties i’ve been in, most of the players welcome the changes because they’ve mentioned that they actually ‘die’ now, not like before, so they feel its much more satisfying to get through a dungeon or field.

do you want to help your low level friends to make their quests? =)
Or you are rushing only forward, ignoring everybody who are lower than you?

let all glass cannons, who dont want to play in party, cry together =))))

1 Like

I run maps to 100% . Discovering chests and npcs, and completing collections by hunting collection items. I take my time though the maps and quests. I played an hour and I have to rest for two.

Glass cannon? I’m a con spr. :smile:

Anyway, it was nice for you to reply but I’m afraid we do not share the same experience since you’re basically taking about iCBT experience and mindset.

1 Like

thanks @arriorstar http://www.twitch.tv/brokonaut here “fullstr glass cannon” archer (ranger) farms 90lvl mausoleum quests. Yes, he runs, jumps, takes damage - but lives and dont seemed upset =))

2 Likes

Exactly @amadze! He’s playing with no problems at all, and he is full STR. Not only that, he is skilled and knows how to play properly. He’s also getting into parties without knowing the language.

But then again, not all players can be as good as he is, and the only map he thinks people will have problems in is Orsha if any problems at all.

I think the vast majority of people should experience the game as it is in krobt right now before making complaints, it’s not a problem at all. :slight_smile:

hmmm… you played three days more than me, and it makes a huge abyss between us? O_o

if you cant find a party (because you plays much more than your friends) why you dont create some support chars and help your friends to reach your level?

create tank for taunt or cleric(priest) for buffs and heal. And you will have party with friends all the time.

One more question: if party consists from:

1. dps 50lvl
  2. heal 50 lvl
  3. tank 130 lvl

and they farm mobs 50 lvl. How much exp will receive heal from dps damage dealt to mobs with exp share set to “on”?

ookaaayyyy …

nobody on kOBT has leveled up to 130 yet so i dont think i will reply anymore. your questions and my reply are no longer relevant to the topic. It was great while it lasted. :joy: :joy:

You can’t compare a Region-locked South Korean publisher-hosted MMO’s population with that of an English-translated self-published International one available via Steam, let alone say that it’ll be less of a population here than it will over there.

Assuming iOBT won’t have client errors straight out the gate, I’m positive the population/party numbers will be higher.

ToS in Korea is in the top 40MMO’s which is a huge deal seeing as that their mmo market is heavily saturated, its just recently overtaken BDO and the next ranking refresh will be in a couple of weeks so ill check and post an update on whats happening with its population. Right now its very very popular and is getting great reviews

I hope it continues to grow =D

Oh please. I was able to get through any quests on both Klaipeda and Orsha alone. I didn’t require a PT at all to finish even the counterpart of Tenet Chapel which was full of those ranged mage mobs. What was only required? PERSEVERANCE.

Your standards are stupidly low if you think if a person can use potions, they are extremely good as a player. If you think giving mobs cheap skills that can take off 90% of your HP in 1 go or impossible to dodge missiles are good way to improve the game’s difficulty then your standards are extremely terrible.

First of all, what did the difficulty improvement changed? You are now forced to stop every single time to use a potion after getting damaged unlike before where you can just use potions every several minutes. Also you need to persevere, like clearing mob by mob just to go through a pathway. Skill required? NONE.

There is no tactics involved on getting through the new added difficulty of IMC. Those players who finished those areas just PERSEVERED. That doesn’t require any skill. Thus, this added difficulty is just a BAND-AID.

Which of course, you and Amadze still don’t get the point because … why? You both think, finding a PT = skilled player, using potions = skilled player, getting healed by a healer = skilled player. Great.

3 Likes

i think we just wonder if moving out of the way of an attack at the right time might actually make the grinding more fun.

im playing an archer pure solo in kOBT

its pretty difficult, but the difficulty honestly comes from the penalty you get for being under leveled in maps, being around -3 to -5 levels bellow is not that bad, but -10 or bellow is kinda brutal

the game is manageable if you know what your doing, building and gearing your character feels like where the “skill” comes from, optimizing and planing your gear, abilities, attributes and stats is what will let you win, also right now understanding the market and selling low and fast will let you progress rather quickly in terms of funding, the 2 days until you get your money is kinda harsh though. i have around 150k just free floating in the market xD

twitch mechanics and a faster pace would be nice though, i think it would be appropriate at higher levels.

Isn’t this what I’m trying to say from the start. Overpowered skills, aim-botting, and homing attacks needs to go.

I know gears and stats are important but the difficulty should not just depend on those 2 things alone. Right now it became like that, the damage of the enemy is too high, some dungeons are overpopulated by mage mobs that have 100% chance of hitting you. There is no fun factor there, you just either need to

1. Spam your potions
  2. Find a pt
  3. Kill all the mobs as you go to prevent getting chased which still goes back to problem #1 since getting damaged is inevitable.

I am using a +9 Seeker to prevent most of the damage penalty when using missile based attacks, +9 Lv15 is actually stronger than a +5 Lv40 Bow so I didn’t change weapons quickly. I am always at the same level of the map area level when questing to prevent any stat penalty, I also made sure that I did both Klaipeda and Orsha quests so I have good supply of EXP cards. I have all the important attributes trained like 2h-Bow Mastery, Multi-Shot Critical, etc. And have Lv20+ damage attributes on my core skills eg: Oblique Shot, Multi-Shot and Barrage, even though I was only Lv50 I made sure everything was optimal. I went the easier way by taking at least 1 circle of Ranger instead of going Archer C3 which has really painful early-game experience. I am using Valias armors from Blacksmith as soon as I hit Lv40. You see? I have no problems on building my character but I didn’t mention that because that is NOT the point of the thread.

I know that most players think they are better, it’s has alwayssssss been like that. Just because they got past through the contents they will always see these kinds of thread as a rant QQ post and start acting like an elite.

That is not the point here. The biggest issue is how IMC delivered this increase in difficulty which is extremely boring and cheap. I really got nothing more to say on this, I have already stated my strong points on my previous replies.

if mage/archer use CC skills to get 0 damage - they are skilled players.
yes.
game is hack-and-slash, why do you want extremely powerfull AI from mobs?

As expected with someone talking with ZERO experience. Full draw only roots the enemy, it does not prevent them from attacking. Heavy Shot only knocks enemies backwards but that doesn’t mean the enemy can’t attack you if you’re still within their range after getting knocked back. Not to mention, Full Draw has charging time where you’re actually better off killing the enemy ASAP than trying to root them before finishing them off.

Isn’t that the point? Since the game is partially hack and slash, then it needs more challenging enemies not just increased numbers whether density or attack power. Hack and slash games gives players alot more control on the battle unlike point and click games where what matters the most is stats and gears and skills are taken lesser into account.

how much armor sets are you running? i run all 2 sets of cloth and plate and get atleast 50 dex for dodge, switch out your armors based on what your fighting

also when you get to gate route farm the thronballs, they give 100 silver per kill, very easy money which will let you buy attributes for cloth and plate armor upgrades,

plate should be priority as it gives a nice amount of HP also you can also run a tennet chainmail for the huge bonus con,

and getting set armors from the guards grave yard is also pretty nice, always aim for the higher res bracelets most people keep their pends and bracelets for damage but gearing for defence and relying on lvl 1 oblique and atribs is better imo.

by now you should have lvl 40 - 50 oblique atributes if you know how to farm money fast, which imo is the main priority, levelling is easy because of the extra exp cards, money is very very important for archers more so than their stats i would say.

imo this is the fun part of playing, discovering tricks and secrets and building gear for farming zones its very nice when you get a better feel for the game. but thats all subjective.

also im not saying im better or anything, just trying to help out a fellow player, if you see that as elitism then by all means feel free to ignore me.