Tree of Savior Forum

How IMC increases game difficulty is really worrying

Yeah, how do you make the game harder, in a way that doesn’t punish high latency players and is easy to implement?

1: bigger numbers on monsters

2: more monsters

3: different mixes of monster tactics

Imc seems to have chosen #1

Given that Dream is against the current changes, I don’t think you thought about your post enough.

2 Likes

I would of preferred #3.

The first choice is really horrible because of the current way the def/mdef stat work on overall damage. If IMC really wants to go with the first route. The first thing that they should do is reform the way def/mdef stats work on overall damage.

seens like i - who like to play solo - will be punished again =( and i thought that market/trade changes were bad enough =,(

Stop being retarded and try to understand my post first. I am AGAINST the changes. I did not want IMC to make the game difficult by making mobs deal 90% of your HP in just one skill.

If you can’t understand english well then STOP posting.

Could you please post a screenshot or a short vid. I’ve played iCBT2 but didn’t try kTest. Just wanted to see how it’s going

Extreme zerg rush while extremely low spawn rates on most areas. While Orsha’s side has too much spawn especially the Prison area where the mob density is comparable to Demon Prison. Boss are wonky, sometimes they don’t attack at all until they die. Your view is blocked my most terrains/structures. Glitches, lots of glitches. You can train attributes 2-3 at a time with some exploit. And a whole lot more disappointing stuff/changes.

the problem is that they always hit, not that they do a lot of damage.? right. like bosses you have to avoid them. having one able to kill you in 2 hits seems a good way to improve difficulty -maybe 3 or more hits in lower difficulty maps.

The problem of “always hitting” only exists on the ranged mage mobs. Not sure why getting 2 hit KO’d by a mob is a good way to increase difficulty, is that a sarcasm?

Back on iCBT2, people are already ranting over Wendigo Searchers who usually deal around 2k damage while if you are the same level as those mobs with abit of CON your average HP will be around 10k. 5 hits and you’re dead is way too much already. Especially when there are times that you have to deal with alot of them at the same time eg: “Protect the objective against enemies” Quests.

I don’t disagree that this is an improvement on the game’s difficulty but is it good? Was it well delivered? Was it challenging? Was it engaging? Simple answer is No. It’s extremely cheap and boring.

Thanks.
Good thing that iTOS won’t be released after 6+ months. Most of the changes I’ve seen is normal for Korean players. IMC is probably rushed by Nexon to meet their release date. I’m still hoping IMC would make the best decision for international release.

On topic:
I don’t really like the homing projectiles or skills from mobs because it removes the use of being able to move around to avoid damage.
Change could be good if there are skills or ways for you to avoid damage but since there are none… hehe… We will have to wait for future changes then.

2 Likes

Food for thought: how much of this is a function of most of us being on the wrong side of the planet? Are these skills dodgeable under lower latency?

To avoid multi-shot and caltrops, ofc you need to keep moving. But once you stopped for abit and at the same time the enemy cast multi-shot or caltrops, you will definitely take damage which happens in most cases.

Take this as an example, I was charging up Multi-Shot and was focusing on where to aim, a random caltrop was thrown to my face. Meanwhile, Clerics on Lv50 instance DIES alot simply because they are also being targetted as they are near the tank.

Enemies doesn’t really target everything to the tank even if the tank has the aggro. A mob randomly casts skills on anyone.

1. “homing magic missiles”
    all mages (and not only mages) are equipped with plate armor and (what a surprise!!) receive much magic damage!

may be player should have 2 sets of armor to decrease both types of damage, depending on type of monster hunted?

1. “one shots”
    how many mobs with such skills are in the game? 1? 2? 5? If there are 5 mobs per 280lvl or per 100+ locations - its NORMAL!!! try to find party.

2. “caltrops in face” (dungeon)
    a) do not agro all the mobs on the map
    b) use a bit of brain and try some tactics, not only “kill-em-all fast, mother calls me for a lunch”
    c) cleric dies near tank? try to have voice chat between tank and cleric to coordinate their movements

3. too difficult mobs on all the maps.
    i think that here are a portion of lie. May be mobs are difficult only in 2-3 stars locations? Try to have some HP potions and party.

4. “sword can tank better than mage”

may be it should be so? =))) While playing mage - try to avoid damage, but not tank it. Every mage have a LOT!!! of CC skills. Sleep, hangman knot, all cryo skills, hell breath, and many others. Just use them.
“but i dont want to take CC circles or to use CC skills, i want only DEAL MOOOOOREEEEE DAMAGE!!!”
its the way of crabe handed glass cannon. feel some pain if you choose this path =)))))

1. now you cant gather a pack of mobs and kill them with AOE skills easy. Now for AOE grinding you need party. Its NORMAL for MMORPG. Forget CBT easy grind =)). Its boring. No reason to find party. Say thanks for IMC =).
6 Likes

@amadze,"…"

The issue isn’t getting used to it but to know the reason why it should be this way. Sure, you can find 1000 ways or more to handle those monsters. But if you read every opinion carefully you will know that the issue is that game difficult can’t be scaled that way:

1. Oh, I should know when to change all my armor slots to receive 200 less damage when the monster hits 2.5k.

2. Hmm, so would be it normal if you were in a PvP scenario where a player 5 levels below you can one-shot you? There are a lot of ways to make the monster harder to kill/handle. But giving it power to kill anything in the screen with an insanely high damage doesn’t sound right. By the way there are quests that ALL the monsters are of these kinds. They aren’t even elite monsters.

3. There’s no need to aggro them as most of these monsters will attack you even if you run at the corner of the map.

4. I think that mages should “tank” magical damage more than the swordsman tree. But in the reality you are just getting almost the same damage from homing magic attacks. There’s no way to avoid 10+ homing elemental missiles from Lizards Magician (iCBT) which hits about 2k each, for an example.

5. Not every class have AoE skills that can hit 50k on those monsters with insane stats at once.

Oh, insanely high stats makes it boring, maybe more than killing normal monsters. The whole purpose of this thread is to report or try to solve this type of issue.

Why can’t the monsters have a better AI, more strategical skills and so instead of just one-hitting you “because it’s normal”? There’s no challenge in using 30+ points in CON or finding a way to survive because this way it won’t require any skill nor tricks nor getting used to patterns.

3 Likes

hm. most of the previous post made it sound like these were all honing attacks that did a lot of damage. it’s pretty normal in a lot of games to loose half or more of your hp when being attacked, it’s the risk of not having invested in tanking stats, but if you can avoid the skills even better. perhaps the timings and animations need to be worked on.

anyone want to post some grinding videos of these enemies.?

a) how much mobs in game with so powerfull skills? 5? 10? per 100+ maps?
b) those mobs are only on 3 stars maps?
c) its really difficult to find party? what prevent you from making party with cleric?

if ALL pvp players will be in ONE class/build - then (imo) IMC will reduce damage of that class/build.

we are talking about 3 stars maps? I think its normal to have 30% of content made special for party play.

all of you are talking about 2 one-shotting mobs. lizard and sniper. you are joking? two difficult mobs in the game and you surrender?

who prevent you from playing such aoe class? its your choice. You can choose easy class (for example barbarian) or difficult class “for personal pleasure”. its your own choice.

you can find it in single games like diablo. i think now its difficult to make clever AI because of low server power and latency. And now game is in early beta stage, may be in future IMC will make some better scripts for mobs. and 10-15 years later there will be games with true AI mobs.

let us see video of playing on that location.

1. 10+ missiles from frozen/sleeping/stoned mobs (when player is mage)?
  2. 10+ missiles from stunned mobs (whep player is archer)?
  3. 10+ missiles from angry mobs (when player is swordsman with high HP rate, high movement speed, one shot, stun, block rate etc skills)?
  4. 10+ missiles from angry mobs (when player is cleric with safety wall and heal skills)?

The difficulty changes actually make the game challenging now, you can no longer walk into 30 archers and get out alive like you used to and parties have become much more important.

To be honest the bosses also feel like they are actually doing something now, which is great!, I’ve had a couple of really nice fights where agro is very important, and i welcome the new changes.

If you watch some of the KR streamers on twitch nowadays they’re going through dungeons as a team now, rather than solo artists which is really nice to see and when they explore maps they come close to death which people previously never came close to.

I think everyone should try out the OBT client when they get the chance and make their own judgement call, but right now, i feel the difficulty has been increased quite well. Core mechanics haven’t changed, but the damage sure has =3 which keeps it interesting but also makes you play a little more cautious.

Twitch streamers -
yungi131
teaminven
Brokonaut
DerfQt

2 Likes

Just a question, out of curiosity

@amadze did you play kOBT?

No, and i dont hide it.
I played iCBT to level 150, and all the gameplay was boring - simple mobs, simple bosses, i tanked 50, 90, 130 dungeons with 1 circle of peltasta (for taunt) and zero points in Con. And i think it is wrong and should be changed.

Question for you:
did you played kOBT?
it is really difficult to find party?
you cant use CC skills to kill difficult mobs (when playing mage or archer)?
you cant heal yourself as cleric?
you cant increase your def potential as swordsman?
all the mobs on all locations kill player from 1-5 hits?

i dont understand difficulties of increasing mobs strength.
use advantages of your class (CC, heal or tanking potential) or play glass cannon in party.
IMC make game more interestig, its cool. No more boring grind, welcome party play!

It’s pretty easy to get a party in KRobt, I’m in it right now, and for some maps people like to form parties to move through it which i think is pretty cool.

Honestly, it is almost impossible to get out alive when there are 10-30 archers around, and i think thats how it should be. Before i was able to walk through them without any problems at all and that to me didn’t make any sense.

Many of the KR players think the boss difficulty is so much better now as well which is a great thing and they say the mobs are actually dangerous now in many many maps, not just a few so it does promote teamwork.

I think people should try out the changes first before they make any judgements, because its not impossible, but it is harder :slight_smile: