Tree of Savior Forum

How IMC increases game difficulty is really worrying

You’re making it sound like it was any kind of hard to solo the game as a cleric aka the most deathproof and useful class the game currently offers while still having a more than respectable damage output (to the point it rivalize wiz damage with ease).
This won’t change anything outside of making the life of anything but clerics more “miserable”.

1 Like

playing support cleric was boring:

players who choose full support path wanna to play in party. but in iCBT there were no need in party. everybody played solo. its wrong - TOS is MMORPG, but not “solo playable diablo clone with pvp arena, market and a pair of dungeons”

1 Like

making mobs harder will make players to:

1. make more balanced builds (not only “full str”)
    or
  2. run all ingame content in party.
2 Likes

I approve of this change to the game.

2 Likes

i don’t like homing missiles, wizards do this too. they should leave them in and make the spells die after so many seconds. it’d be fine if there was a good way to reduce magic damage.

if they want us to make diferent builds they should make stats NOT get stronger if u have more of it (it makes ppl go full 1 stat) and just make the bonus the same for any rank/quantity.
this way ppl can mix str/dex/con or int/spr/con the way they want without feeling they are wasting a stat point

2 Likes

Sometimes you will get damaged by mobs that takes off 90% of your HP

yu so funny

I had the exact same thoughts on this. Game progression is entirely dependent on having enough stats, and no skill. The only feasible way to progress through the game is by having enough bulk to survive against homing attacks, and then also having enough damage/CC to deal with the mobs before they deal too much damage to you. I invested about 25% of my status points into CON on my Wizard, and that brought me to about 12.5k HP at level 200. As a character with pretty much no evasion, this felt like the bare minimum I needed to survive in the current endgame content.

I’ve played around with a Swordsman just to see how things feel on a bulky character. High dexterity in a lot of Swordsman builds makes them multiple times tankier than a Wizard due to evasion. Swordsman has a much easier time when it comes to dealing with one of these mobs at a time. Thanks to their high natural bulk, it’s possible to just facetank the homing missles and kill the mob before it becomes an issue. However, as soon as there are multiple mobs with homing missiles, Swordsman starts to experience the same problems as other classes because they can’t deal with them fast enough.

I also had an experience where I got 1 shot by a level 31 Spion Archer that did over 1.2k damage to me, but that’s only because it uses Multi-shot/Spiral Arrow. It’s possible to deal with Spion Archers just by being high enough level to avoid taking extra damage due to level difference. This happened to me with a 9 level difference. It hit me 5-6 times with 200+ damage each hit. As soon as I gained a few levels, it suddenly started hitting 50’s.

Currently, almost every ranged/magic mob uses homing attacks, and the only way to deal with it is to bulk up your character. Although this frustrates me as it is, nothing is going to change, so it’s probably best to just plan around this fact.

are there many of that sort around, can you just avoid them.

Very constructive reply there. Most likely you either didn’t play kOBT and is assuming things are still the same.

Anyways,[quote=“Waterfighter, post:68, topic:125582”]
I also had an experience where I got 1 shot by a level 31 Spion Archer that did over 1.2k damage to me, but that’s only because it uses Multi-shot/Spiral Arrow.
[/quote]
This guy also experienced the same thing. While as for me, what I experienced was a Spion Archer bringing my 900 HP down to 100 HP.

Most of my guildmates/friends who played kOBT shares the same sentiment so before you create some stupid replies @Setsuko make sure you don’t make a fool out of yourself instead.

Maybe they have high crit rate or something, and when you level up they don’t crit you anymore

As for the one-shotting Spion Archers, you will encounter them no matter what if you wanted to do quests WHICH you will definitely do because of how slow it is to level from grinding. Same thing with the Pawndel Archers at Tenet Chapel. Those ranged mage mobs from the counterpart of Tenet Chapel needs a special mention because of their VERY high density and you need to deal with them since trying to get past them will just lure alot and will kill you due to their homing attacks.

1)Level Penalty
“When you’re more than 5 levels below an enemy, a penalty will start increasing the defense of the enemy you hit by 10% per level. Because a monster wont know if you’re lower level until you actually hit it, any defense debuffs it is suffering from are subtracted from its base defense and not the increased defense from the penalty. At 5 levels below a monster, the penalty is 10%. It goes up by 10% by every level after that, so at 6 levels it’s 20%, at 7 levels it’s 30%, and so on.” -EternalDream

Source: [Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

That’s the more probable reason. In other words, those extra levels helped reduce lvl penalty that was being incurred onto him. The nine level difference is around 50% more damage incurred the level difference penalty (ignoring all the other modifiers that could increase that damage). It also explains why there was a damage fall out simply by gaining couple of levels. Simply reducing the lvl difference down to only 4 is enough to erase the level penalty from the damage formula.

1. Defense/Magic Defense stats are bad @.@
    The other problem is that def and mdef stats really meh. It only really shine against low damage multi hits, but suck horribly against high base damage one shots. If your getting hit by a hybrid of the two (high base damage multi-hit attack) then your def stats isn’t going to help you much. Also that’s why it’s better to use % damage reduction (from 3-4 piece plate armor) then defensive stats when it comes to large base damage one shots like meteor.

Okay. I’m not sure anymore about what Waterfighter is referring to, if it was iCBT2 then it might be just because of level cap. For me and my guildmates/friends case, we keep our levels the same as the map’s level so there won’t be any penalty issues yet we still experienced almost getting one shotted by Spion Archers.

It just means you will have to rely on your party more than ever. Glad to hear they made it like this 10/10 good improvement.

It happened in KOBT. They still hit pretty hard when I was the same level as them, but nowhere near as hard as they were hitting me when I was 9 levels below them.

Is this ‘rely on your party more’?

Later on when people have things like defense buffs, and more than 50% maxhp/20 seconds of healing sure, but at level 40? That is just starting your third circle, you don’t have anything fancy and party oriented at that point. Nothing to keep you alive at any rate.

What is there, Aukuras? Safety zone?

Archers might be the best class just because Multishot can actually kill the deadly stuff before it kills you.

Refer to the level penalty part that i posted earlier like 20 mins before yours.

They were only hitting me for 40 damage per hit but it still somehow adds up to 800.

[quote=“dmhamilt, post:77, topic:125582, full:true”]
Is this ‘rely on your party more’?

Later on when people have things like defense buffs, and more than 50% maxhp/20 seconds of healing sure, but at level 40? That is just starting your third circle, you don’t have anything fancy and party oriented at that point. Nothing to keep you alive at any rate.

What is there, Aukuras? Safety zone?
[/quote]This is another thing as well. I think one of the biggest problem is people only saying the game is too easy but not suggesting how to improve the game’s difficulty. IMC as well is clueless how to increase the difficulty which is wierd even though there’s Kim Hakkyu who has solid experience when it comes to directing MMOs.

if you want a game where monster can deal 90% of the player’s HP in one hit, gtfo and go play dark soul plz, dont bring your bullshjt crap fantasy here. Not like your fantasy is gonna happen tho.