Tree of Savior Forum

How IMC increases game difficulty is really worrying

If you read all my posts, I don’t see how making mobs cheap by adding overpowered skills is challenging. Adding more mobs with impossible to dodge homing projectiles is far from challenging as well. These are all half-baked fixes.

What will I see on future contents?

You get damaged by mobs because they got impossible to dodge skills
Sometimes you will get damaged by mobs that takes off 90% of your HP
You now bring a Cleric with you
You now can heal the damage done to you by the mobs

OMG, so much challenge! … You see my point? How is this even challenging. What I only see is IMC forcing more party plays than solo-ing, nothing challenging there, just hassle finding a PT.

1 Like

Uhh no. Hack and slash games are in-demand and popular for a reason. It’s all because of the real-time action (no tab-targetting) and includes dodging using split second invulnerabilities, etc.

So what you actually want is a roll / dodge move?

/postcannot be empty /20chars

Edit: I don’t mean to be specific to the improvement btw, I’m throwing out suggestions. What I want is something REAL challenging and IS engaging. Not the “Find a PT, problem solved” thing.

the fun on pve is evade attack of enemys :’( dat make u a reallistic experience

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I never played a top-down game where there is a roll / dodge move that has i-frames.
And I personally don’t think it’ll be implemented in ToS as well since the pace of ToS isn’t very fast, in which roll / dodge move is meant to be more of a reflex feature in a much faster pace game like Zelda.
Well, judging from the overall design and atmospheric feels of ToS, it is more of a game that somewhat promote social interaction more than promoting itself as a fast pace challenging game.

Uhh no. Hack and slash games are in-demand and popular for a reason. It’s all because of the real-time action (no tab-targetting) and includes dodging using split second invulnerabilities, etc.

So you have stuff like Bayonetta and Devil may cry in mind (the old ones, not the shitty reboot)

Okay, fair enough these are good games and lots of fun. But this stuff doesn’t transition well into an MMO.
Many have tried and they have always failed.

What you are looking for is something like GunZ.

But with the current situation of ToS I believe that they should try to innovate upon the old point click gamestyle.

Because let’s be honest, in order to realize the kind of gameplay you want out of ToS you’d have to rebuild the game from the scratch and it wasn’t a good idea in the first place

Dragon Nest. Blade and Soul. Phantasy Star Online 2. Etc.

Anyways, the truth hurts. I agree with this,

But it will be really disappointing if they don’t really intensify the PVE atmostphere of the game. They headed the right way at first by removing point and click altogether. The game started w/o mouse mode but was eventually implemented for Archers and Wizards. I understand that it was needed but I hope they still improve the hack and slash part of the game.

Not sure why you have very small selection of MMOs in mind but there’s Dragon Nest, PSO2 and Blade and Soul that have made hack and slash on MMO possible. They don’t need to rebuild, they just need to invest on new features to improve the difficulty of the game while making it more challenging.

They started to build the game with hack and slash in mind. If you didn’t know, the game has no mouse mode when it started. It was just due to how difficulty Wizards and Archers are to use that they were forced to implement mouse mode.

I personally think the “intensification” is quite subjective in nature. Someone may view playing chess is never an intensified activity to be carried out and some would disagree as they enjoy the “intensified” moment when they / the opponent is making a move. I myself feel it’s largely intensify when I am in a large party groups. Then again I usually play a support / tank class so I have to be more attentive to the party’s status and position all the time within the great mess of skills spamming and overlapping among each and another. The fact that the whole group is working together for the same objective make me feel more “intensification” from it too.

Still, ToS is never meant to be designed as a fast pace challenging game in the beginning like Dragon Nest / PSO2 and if the developer did implement dodge / roll feature in ToS, it’ll be either too easy or not useful at all depends on whether if dodge / roll can cancel an action since ToS’s pace is somewhere in between, not too fast nor too slow, which put the dodge / roll in an awkward position. The dodge / roll animation should be somewhat slow too if the developer has to scale it with other animations to make it “logical”.

7 Likes

I understand your point. Nevertheless, it’s a fact that ToS started out with “hack and slash” in mind but in a way not as intense as Dragon Nest or PSO2 etc. Instead, it’s like those J-RPG games where your movement is restricted to just 8 directions. The dodge movement CAN be implemented, enemy AI can also be improved as well as their actions/animations to keep up. It won’t be as intense as those other BIG hack and slash titles but it WILL still improve the game’s quality.

The mobs aren’t that hard cept the lvl 40/50s from Orshas; they kick ass. What really is hard are the bosses from Orshas especially around the 90s. Oh man they kick hard ass, but still manageable.

It’s up to the developer to decide then, I guess.
But I personally still think that it won’t be implemented though, after considering the overall…“feels” ToS is giving for now. Maybe it will change in the future when ToS decided to increase the pace, but who knows.

They just need to increase the action speed of the AI. Or probarly for the game overall so it feels less clunky.

They probably cant because their servers are already melting from current load and you suggest to increase it even more.

@nizidr
So what does increase action speed have something to do with server load? Is just less cast/faster animations

i meant frequency of actions (delay between attacks), not faster animations/cast speed.

11 Likes

@nizidr Well thats what I meant action speed is even consider a stats that obtainble in some other games.

Yes! Yes! Sounds perfect! Now i can play full support with pleasure!

In iCBT there were some moments:

1. when i played swordsman or mage - i had no reasons to invite in party any support class. I invite only my RO friends.
  2. when i played cleric class - nobody invited me to party on every maps except dungeons and a pair of grinding spots.

And now all will be changed!!

1. if you wanna kill-em-all solo - go to diablo cloned single player games. if you are playing MMO - try to make party with some real people.
  2. forget about full-str or full-int builds! Yes, now you have to choose - make “glass cannon”, that can play ONLY with tank or/and with healer or make balanced character, that can slowly grind solo.
  3. Yes!!! Now in early levels any party will need healer and full-con tank! And many players can play with support builds with pleasure.
  4. And only players that make friends from early levels (with support classes) can play comfortable in high level content. Why? If you take true OP barb and solo to 150-200 lvl without making friends - you will see in chat from supports “sorry, i am playing now with my const party, may be later”. Have you played in MMO, where top guilds were hunting on supp classes in newbie level locations, training them, give them equip, help with quests? and only after that they have enough healers for non-stop farming dungeons!

P.S.
look at @Cathexis swordsman guides. Best tank do not have to take peltasta c2 and c3, and do not have to put any points in CON stat. And it is true. i tanked 50lvl, 90lvl,130lvl instances without spending any stats into con.
look at @siren0726 elementalist topic - in iCBT full int mage solo all instances, from 90 to 190.

Thank you IMC for increasing mob strength!
Say “NO!!” for solo play!

4 Likes