Tree of Savior Forum

How IMC increases game difficulty is really worrying

I think that this could be like thor in prerenewall xD the partys in thor-odin in ro was the better =D

True.

Id din’t play kobt yet… still deciding if i should go or not for pvp reasons.

But homeing skills, doesn’t sound that bad.

Heck … remember the egnomes?
I actually got a bit mdef as swordy, then afk farmed there … with my level being 40.

Before that i had an archer and mage with leather or plate armor … no mdef on them.
They got ripped to shreds by 30~70 dps hits. *times 10~13 (max amount of aggro is still weird for me).
Just adding a protas boots and stuff to my swordy … not even using the mdef shield i could use. I just stood there… and regenerated more hp then i got chipped of me … with zero extra con. (dex build, normal atks dont hit me.)

And i laughed hardcore when i was in an instance dungeon.
One of the two priests (battle priest) was going at the boss beside me …
I was “Dude! Get to his back.”.
He goes “Nah! I can handle it!”.

Four seconds later he was death, revived and went to the back for the rest of the fight.
After that run, we decided to go another (i was Swordy>High>Barb, not evne a true aggro tank).
But before that we sat down for 1 minute talking about what to do differently this time.

And heck. We managed to clear it without deaths, in half the time and even took the other side full of mobs we ignored.
If we didnt had to bugg out two times, duo Gnarl knock bug disconnect bug. (Before we found out that we should disable knockback there).

In the end. We had the clerics stay with the one pyro. While that other swordy>high>high was focusing on keeping mobs away from them. I pulled two to three groups to them.

When everything was set. I was facing towards them.
They were facing to the enemys backs.
And we easily got past what was a spamming of [coin]revive and heal before…

This applies to everything… tactics, cordination and equip.
It felt rewarding.

yes our opinions clash, retort me instead of giving me nonsense…

/20characterssssssss

we have that mechanic in neverwinter online. And nobody takes healers in party in storyline quests or endgame everyday quests. Only in endgame instances. You think its good situation? I stopped playing healer in NWO because everyday quests were boring without party (easy, slower 2x times than while playing dps class, and boring) and dps classes had no reason to look for party, because they can dodge all powerfull attacks and dont need any heal.

and there why there are difficult to go endgame instances - too few people want to play tank/heal, and dps classes spent 15-40 minutes to find heal to go into dung.

situation with dodgable attacks will bring another situation - in high end instances you will have to spend a few hours to find FS healer.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/in-depth-article-regarding-kobt-in-korean-translation-needed

i dont know if you’ve read through this post, its the interview i referred to with translations
it should give you more to think about
ive quoted whats relevant to your opnions
specifically, they want a “low-tempo game”, enough said…

I am cleric c2 btw…

@amadze @yodish92 To finish this, I will just say enjoy your sugar-coated point and click gameplay then where 90% of the game content will rely on stats and gears only, 10% room only for actual skills. I will just hope that the end-game raids will not be extremely disappointing. Then again, seeing how nothing really changed on the instances on kOBT, it’s still mobs > mobs > boss pattern, I’m already expecting another huge disappointment on end-game raids. Just hoping that IMC would prove me wrong on this one.

Here’s a good watch for those who clearly doesn’t understand the difference between Artificial Difficulty vs Designed Difficulty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwvwTwqvZY

The way IMC shows more favor towards Artificial Difficulty, you will just get more bloated numbers later on and on. It will look like it’s different per new content yet it’s actually the same thing, numbers just increased eg: hp of mobs, damage of mobs, number of mobs, etc.

1 Like

Imo the difficult is fine the problem is the respaw rate , they respaw all at the same time on some places…

dont get me wrong, i totally agree with changing the game more towards designed difficulty, all im saying is that twitch mechanics and action oriented game play isnt the way to do it. just based on what ive read and the planned design philosophy of this game, it would seem futile to try and disrupt their vision

it will be slow paced, but yes difficulty should not be op mobs and homing missiles.

i think its too early to say anything - game is in beta stage. return in 2017, i think there will be some new features =).

Not sure if you know or recall but,
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2187703
http://www.aeriagames.com/user/ayadreamy/

; P Now remove that image of being kind and understanding in your mind!

Edit: Although, I’m not totally sure if you’re that Sixaxis guy on AK forums

That’s why you don’t create topics on dum forums. Obviously, half of the people there don’t know what they’re talking about.

That’s part of the global problem : game is designed to be played as a tank (maybe it’s part of what made me enjoy sorc so much)…
Like Dream said, mobs hit HARD and can’t be avoided. It means that no matter how skilled you are, you’ll die if you tackle too many mobs at the same time.
Like you said, they respawn by ~small~ groups, every x secs at some predefined? places. Meaning that you’ll have to tank them if they respawn on you (argh altar way).
I don’t know if it’s still like that on kOBT but on iCBT, they’re was a hard limit of mobs that you coud aggro. Probably something like ~10… Which is fine if you are not full support tank, since the idea is only to aggro the mobs in front of you and not all the map (you have Swash Buckling for the support role). So yeah, going back to the limit, it basically means that you CAN’T play aggro-MT. And I’m not talking about the fact that mobs de-aggro you if you leave their zone, even if you keep hitting them… “It was nice to follow you around but I have to go back, mom absolutely forbade me to go farther than here”

And when you add all of this, it’s funny to see how, despite the very interesting class/skill system, the game(play) design is very narrow-minded…
For the record, that’s where I learned to play :smiley: (not my video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mQR5gldm_4

i think part of whats forcing people to play tanky is the atrocious flat scaling of armor and magic resist

at the upper levels where elite mobs are way overturned you need to prioritize evasion or block to deal with physical damage, while magic damage is purely unmitigated if you play without con and specc your defences on effective hp or if your playing a rodelero

armor and res are all flat, so equipping armor for its defensive properties is useless when the mobs start hitting you for massive damage, early in the game it isnt much of an issue since the mobs arent as ridiculously tanky and defensive gear actually scales well with monster damage but as the game keeps going the discrepancy between armor and monster damage gets so large that armor becomes obsolete for defensive purposes.

things like flying pumpikins, wendigo searchers, wizard lizards and goblins at 170-200 are also much more difficult due to their bulk, meaning you’ve gotta come with damage to actually take them out, this where dex comes in as a dual purpose offensive and defensive stat, meaning you just grab it and most of your problems are solved, for magic based attackers con is the meta because int provides so very little and mages already have large amounts of base damage on their skills.

i think the game will really come to shine when they fix this, gearing up properly for bosses and zones is something that involves knowledge and skill imo, of course dodging and being generally good at controlling your character will also come into play, but it shouldn’t be the main way of reducing damage or making the game easier, correctly chosing your stats and gear for different situations should be a big part of the game play, there are already small glimpses of this in the stab,strike and slash system they have going on, and the elemental property damages on gear and other specific affixes on items which can be utilized to make your character feel different

as for the agro thing, i dont really mind that the limit is bigger, the only problem with it is for ranged mobs, ranged attacks from mobs should be given a penalty like what archers have and they should all be linear skill shots so you can atleast avoid them with a quick sidestep, they could also fix this by giving your character a short invulnerability frame when you get hit (blinking characters), like 0.2 or 0.1 seconds so you dont eat 100 hits instantaneously from all the mobs you’ve gathered, some other issues are also from unmitigateable CC, especially mobs which use ice pike, ridiculously hard for no reason, CC on mobs need to be short and not so punishing 5 second freeze or sleep is just insane…

That one of the Spion Archer also happened on the Closed Beta 2, my wizard were once 1 shotted by Spion Archers spiral arrow.

Hmmm, that is wierd. Maybe I was just too lucky to never experience it even though I actually have like 2x Lv200 and a bunch of Lv80-120 characters. I’m not being sarcastic btw. I’m just really finding it wierd to only experience on kOBT but never on iCBT2.

Maybe you passed through them too fast, or killed them too fast.
When that happened I were trying to defend the damn voodoo doll a npc gives you to
destroy the totems.

Yea that’s how it happened for me on kOBT. I was watching out for mobs who might attack the voodoo doll but instead what I got was a random multi/spiral arrow to the face which reduced my HP to a mere 100.

if the mobs take 10x more to kill and still gives 0.1% so its not a good change

Monster is too strong or some players are playing with nothing in CON ?!? I had no problem with monster until Lv 198

FS