Tree of Savior Forum

How about rebirths instead of resets

So i thought about it more, and i still think 3x would be good, but they could have events to increase this bonus occasionally. If they did a double rebirth bonus event to make it 6x bonus it would get more activity during those times and it seems like it would be fun. Thats about as middle ground as you can get.

Now that i thought of this, why dont they just have double xp bonus events now? When the new ranks come out it would be the perfect time. They could try it at least. Someone should make a thread on it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

don’t compare it to Dota 2, they’re 2 completely different styles. Dota 2 is a MOBA, ToS is an korean MMORPG. It doesn’t have to focus on “competitive tourny” or something like that

pending for test server. For all of your theory crafting and wierd build.

I support this kind of reset if the grinding takes around at least 30-45 hours to grind back. Around a week or so, 6 hrs of grinding everyday.

That’s roughly around the same time as a new character to get to 200+?

1 Like

want context? start by not comparing a rpg to a moba

You clearly didn’t play closed beta. The grinding was actually much worse. You had to spend half your life in demon prison, mob density in every map after it was awful including some of the most dense areas now like bee farm.

Didnt CBT have acceptable spawnrates that made grinding somewhat enjoyable? I remember a video comparision of the bottom right part of Tenet 2F, CBT and Early Access. The CBT spawn was so good that you didnt need to walk over the map to get decent exp. It is not really mob density, but spawnrate that makes grinding the unrewarding chore it is. Walking between the rooms of Demon Prison is tiring. And channelhopping in Alemeth is even worse, cause players with bad loadingscreens suffer from having to walk behind. In addition, this makes players avoid each other even more, cause any sort of competition for limited ressources is undesireable.

Having to grind all the way back to 280 without the boatloads of exp tickets you earned and used during the first run seems quite problematic to me, especially in the 165-210 region. You graduated from Demon Prison and got nowhere to grind cause the game lacks decent spots until Alemeth. In the first run, I cover this lvlrange by doing pretty much every quest and 100% explore. You could throw in 175 and 190 dungeons, but that would be a lengthy work cause of limited runs per day.

Of course, we could demand more decent grindspots with spawnrates close to CBT, but… I dont think I need to describe how Dina Bee looks like on every server every channel, right?

And another factor has not yet been addressed. You talk about the untradeable 240+ gear your toons are using pre-rebirth, but the way back to 240 would involve getting loads of lowequip again. I am pretty sure you did not keep your old stuff.

Really, what has been said goes heavily into the direction “Tree of Masochism”.

2 Likes

Rebirth…yet another RO concept thrown into TOS. lol

Yeah… I was aware of the negative condemnations when I wrote it… Especially since most RO players hated it. But it does sum up the idea elegantly.

Not quiet the same as RO since there is zero benefit…

I like it. In fact, I once suggested something quite the same in “how to sell a circle reset” topic.

It was great in beta till the mass of players caught up. If you were ahead of the curve it was great.

That said… The majority of players were clumped up so hard in the same spots that it didn’t mater because we didn’t have the channels we needed. You’d be splitting rooms in demon prison. Some groups would try rotating around and just be stealing other parties mobs. It was anarchy. It was fun in it’s own way though.

It was just large mobs, actually. Large mobs all got their spawn time increased to 5 minutes for some reason (and some to 3 minutes). There aren’t many large mobs in the game, though.

We actually have better spawnrates now (since the kToS merger) than we did in ICBT2. Mob density was improved on some maps as well. There are grind spots between demon prison and alemeth that give considerably better gains than demon prison. People are just slow to catch on. In ICBT2 if you didn’t grind DP long enough your progress was slowed to a halt, and the grind was much slower because we didn’t have the party exp bonuses.

Wouldn’t it be better if they balanced classes so every would be viable instead? Then no one would reroll :slight_smile:

i still wish everyone deserved 1x circle reset

how about make Team EXP more relevant? like give 10% instead of 1%
so the more Chars you have the easier the lvling gets… with so many Classes the Endgame lies within the Leveling no?

The idea is you don’t lose your quest completion, untradable items, loot, titles, achievements, and potentially attributes if you’re using some of the same classes.

1 Like