Tree of Savior Forum

How about rebirths instead of resets

Reset character and class level to 1.

Huge XP bonus till they achieve the level they had before rebirth.

No other bonuses for being a rebirthed.

Additional Clarification: The idea here would be to be able to reroll a 280 off grinding alone in 2-3 days of grinding. Something like 12-16 hours (longer or shorter depending on community reactions). Remember you don’t have quests you don’t have cards. So you’re going to need a big XP bonus to make up for it.

And I wouldn’t have suggested this before we had the 20 level difference no XP penalty patch. But since that’s coming down the line you’d likely find it very easy to switch around between the good zones and in the event of over population in one zone you’d have more options of zones to goto.

And obviously if someone screwed up a 150 it’d take much much less time to reroll. But as soon as they were done with that reroll it’d just be like they played originally. Where they’d be doing the original game with XP cards and quests to pick up.

• Warning next section contains snark and trolling… Humorless be damned.

And finally snappy title admitting you’re a failure and/or got screwed in R8.

Swordsmen get: “I forgot to put a rank in pelt” and “Making a dragoon cause my corsair is bad”

Wizard can get: “Should have been an elementalists” Or… “My linker got nerfed.” and lastly “Tired of winning, I’m rolling Thaum 3.”.

Cleric can have: “I thought Sadhu was cool.” the variation “It’s been like a year why are there still Sadhu bugs!?” and of course “Wtf my SPR build got nerfed”.

Archer can get: “I switched sides in the STR DEX war” or “I figured out what to do with my scout 3”.

3 Likes

dont forget hunter/paladin

1 Like

I’d be okay with this implementation. The exp boost would have to be something like 1000% increase or higher to make it feel worth it ^o.o^

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Stop spamming on every thread with constructive ideas. You post not bring any good feedback. Just troll of whatever…

2 Likes

Any EXP bonus isn’t valid if ToS main leveling concept is about exp cards.

1 Like

It can work if we can use high level char to buy exp cards (or bundle) and funnel them back to low level ones. Maybe just that special exp card in TBL shop

How about give team level 10x the bonus they currently give?

Hmmm but if they’ll make such HUGE boost that you can go 1-7 rank in one day then what’s the point? :wink:
I like the idea for 7 day long quest more :wink:

Or just wait for a private server :dancers:.

Give us a FFT system and no one would complain anymore.

But imc would lose money from all the extra character slots.

Lets be honest, IMC needs to rebirth. That will maybe make them a better company.

I can agree with full character reset.

Not so sure about the huge xp bonus. Id say give a significant one, but not a huge one. Maybe if they make it double xp, but have it stack differently with other xp bonus. Like how team bonus and xp tomes just work off base xp, have the reset bonus just be straight up double the base xp from mobs. So team bonus and xp tomes, map bonus xp would have double effect. Id think this would make grinding mobs faster than quests anyway so when you reset they could keep your quests complete maybe then you can just do ones you missed if you want or go to the other starting area.

It’s in IMC’s best interest to ensure the boost feels worth it for people to invest into it.

1000% minimum, especially since most of your card quests would be exhausted.

Well the bumping helps regardless for visibility.

I think my idea does sound worth it.

Think about it this way if they do 1000% bonus xp it would stack with team level additively like xp tomes, map bonus, party bonus.

Double base xp would double those bonuses. Dungeon bonus for parties is 600% base xp right? Well this would make it 1200%. Team level will go up to 100? with the reset bonus this would be 200%. That right there is about equal to your 1000% for dungeons at least. It wouldnt be quite as high outside of dungeons, but some maps have like 300% bonus as it is. This would make it 600%.

This would also sell more xp tomes since those bonuses would be doubled as well. With 1000% xp bonus, the tomes will be absolutely not worth it.

Well you’d probably want to math it carefully. But my original idea would be to get a 280 rerolled in 2-3 days of hard group / solo grinding so something like 12-16 hours to reroll.

I wouldn’t have suggested this before but since we’re getting that 20 level difference no XP penalty patch coming you could easily switch around good grind zones. And further more the players will pool together more easily into the really good zones. And have more options for zones at a given level if there is over population in one. So I don’t think getting a grind party together is going to be as difficult even for servers like Orsha. Or later when there is a fresh content patch.

Didnt hear about the 20 lvl no penalty thing, thats pretty awesome. 14-16 hours to 280 is way too short though. You are expecting too much.

Yeah well it’d up to what people would want really. I’m leaning towards shorter cause it’s a co-out feature for the guys and girls that are working and have kids really.

Just so they can keep playing easily and not feeling terrible about it. I mean I got friends that play the game and made some poor class choices that really don’t want to reroll and just want to play with those of us that have more free time.

Side effect would it’d be easier for the hardcore community to make new metas and experiment with compositions. Which can be a good thing and a bad thing. Harder to balance if players can rapidly test compositions to break the game. But you get more information about what’s too strong in your game. But IMC is a bit slow on the rebalance so it’d probably hurt more then help. And OP compositions may potentially become the norm rather then the exception.