Tree of Savior Forum

Hovering over the Uninstall button

Really struggling here. Trying to justify why I should continue to invest my limited free time, and pocket into this game. Make no mistake, this isn’t an attempt at any dramatics, I am genuinely struggling on what to do. I realize the decision is ultimately my own, but I figured I would inquire if anyone else were in a similar situation. My brother has already left the game, and two friends I played with, and I don’t necessarily disagree with their reasoning.

Let’s be honest, the game does have its charm, but I don’t see a very bright future ahead, at least as far as my own criteria for satisfaction are concerned. My issues:

• Poor Optimization/Netcode: This will most likely see very little improvement. The game has existed for quite some time in Korea and has seen very little substantial engine improvements. This severely limits GvG and to a degree PvP in general. I cite the GvG videos out there where it is a slideshow.

• The Bot/Spammer problem: It will most likely improve some, but it will never be completely vanquished. It’s a fact of life of MMOs, and I accept that. However, the damage it causes varies from game to game. Needless to say, the damage this specific problem has had on this game is enormous. Don’t kid yourself about this. Economy, quest completion, grinding, RMT.

• Forced Group play for Grinding: While not a huge issue, it is yet another hurdle to overcome just to do something mundane in the game. Level 200+, you will struggle greatly against basic mobs alone, and to achieve efficient grinding a party will be required. You can solo of course, but you can jump off a cliff as well.

• Lack of communication on Bans: With the recent Token fiasco, IMC at last made it clear how they will handle abusers and exploiters of the game. While I don’t fault them for their response, they missed the opportunity of establishing goodwill and confidence in communicating how severe, or how many people were punished. This pertains to Bots as well. How many have been banned? When? Tell us. The lack of information on this does not breed confidence.

Edit: They did actually release some info on recent bans, which is good news. Banned Boleto Exploit Abusers

I don’t wish to appear so negative, but these issues amongst many others are just making it quite difficult for me to continue playing. Notice that I made no mention of any of the account restrictions, as I understand why they are there, and if they help keep the game cheat-free even just a little bit then I can live with them.

The game is beautiful, the class system is robust, even the lore and story are passable in my opinion. I’d really like to continue playing, but the issues I have are just an enormous weight I’m struggling to overcome. Are there any redeeming qualities I may have missed that keep you around? The excitement I had for the first few days of playing is just gone.

Also, it isn’t my intention to spoil the game for anyone. These are just my issues I have with the game. If I’ve offended anyone I apologize.

8 Likes

And why post this on general discussion instead of suggestions or off-topic? What’s there to discus with yet another “I’m leaving” thread? Why not post in any of the previous ones instead of spamming a new thread? Is it because you wouldn’t get as much attention that way?

These threads give me so many questions but probably so little answers.

3 Likes

Clearly you’re offended, which is why I apologized ahead of time, but thanks for skimming the thread all the same.

Why isn’t it in Suggestions? Because I didn’t suggest anything. I asked a few questions.

Why isn’t it in Off-Topic? Because it’s on the topic of the game.

If you don’t have anything to add, simply don’t reply.

4 Likes

i’m going to wait and see what the game will be alike when F2P comes out. because as of right now new players can’t even level up properly due to all the teleporting high level bots that are taking farms in almost every zone. This is very game breaking. and if imc is going to do something about it. i imagine it would be before or soon after F2P release because they will lose huge amount of players right off the bait.

1 Like

I’d wait for pvp before leaving. get in a few good games of gvg to see how that goes.

And really, I feel like you’re missing the point of MMOs when you refused to party with people.

Nobody played endgame WoW for the gameplay, they played for the guild.

1 Like

Peace, dude.

20 characters.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t refuse to party with anyone. The issue is that in order to progress, to gain experience and level, to do the most basic thing in the game, you need to be in a party at 200+. I can understand it for Dungeons and Missions, but your standard every day grind you won’t be able to efficiently do without the aid of a group.

1 Like

Agreed, the bigger losers to I quit posts are the people who come in with only more negativity. Not to say that your post makes this out to be any more negative than it has to be, just the inherent nature of quitting.

With that said, I don’t think I can say you’ve missed anything if you’ve reached Level 200 and haven’t found anything worth while to you. The class system is robust, but unbalanced. And that’s really the only redeeming quality about this game on that subject, it’s got some Class choice, but the lack of interesting ways to work stats or for classes to have some type of meaningful passives brings the game back down to mediocre for whatever their robust class system may have added. (1 step forward and 1 step back).

It’s another RO as far as bad coding, Position Lag has and always was a big deal in RO PvP/WoE and it looks like ToS will follow. Again, for whatever the rest of the game brings, it’ll lose because of bad coding and poorly designed mechanics. The competitive nature of this game will boil down to gimmicks (like switching Channels). Gimmicks that’ll be essentially the creation and understanding of the community as “normal and fair” gameplay but really we understand that it’s also far from the intentional design, but because of the lag and terrible optimization, it’s just the accepted norm.

If the PvE in this game and just the idea of gearing up and completing several side quests and collection bounties doesn’t really appeal to you (and I could understand why it doesn’t, after all who likes getting dressed up to go no where since the GvG end game sucks and the Field Boss spawns are a lagfest) then it’s probably best to move along. As a fellow gamer who seeks finding something to fill that void of a decent MMORPG, god speed and best of luck. He’ll come back and post here if you do find something worthwhile. True gamers will appreciate new competing games, fanboys will flame of course.

2 Likes

The biggest thing to me is the first point. My computer isn’t all that great, but it shouldn’t be running quite this bad, especially when it comes to any network activity. I don’t think I can justify spending much on a game that barely functions on a base level.

Bots I should hope will come to an eventual solution/compromise in due time. If it’s this bad months from now, I don’t think the game will last very long. They’re at least addressing it, though.

Forced groups isn’t that bad. After grouping up the first couple times, try adding a few people who you got along with. Then you can chat or group again later. But I would like to see a couple solo areas even in late game, though obviously they couldn’t be nearly as rewarding otherwise groups would camp the maps and instagib everything for faster EXP than they’d get from the actual group content.

IMC did release a list of (partial) names that were banned for the payment exploit. Sure it wasn’t a lot, and more accounts were banned than they specifically stated, but it’s something. You’d think they’d be more forthcoming about it, since a public announcement that some X number of bots were dealt with would be good press (though there’s always scrutiny over how effective individual bans can be).

1 Like

Sincere thanks. You pretty much got the gist of my post. I harbor no ill-will for the game or the developers, as there’s no reason for it. Why be mad at a free product? The people claiming I am completely missed the entirety of it.

I think I will move on, and possibly check back in a few months. The frustration level with the current game is just a little too high for me to dedicate time to day in and day out. Thanks for the words man, and best of luck to you.

Yup, you’re absolutely right. I just found it myself. That does instill some confidence. Link here: Banned Boleto Exploit Abusers

If the game itself is not enough of a redeeming quality then you might as well move on. Players like me can look past botting as a bit of a joke, and report the ones that are the most offensive.

It is bothersome to me that people view ‘forced group play’ as a fault of an MMO, maybe single player games are more your cup o tea?

2 Likes

I’m level 200+ and I don’t struggle with basic mobs. I’m sad that you do though, and that it is so discouraging for you.

Why don’t you post a couple screenshots of your level 200+ character’s build to the class & rank forums. I’m sure they can help you develop a new character that isn’t a complete failure struggling with basic mobs at level 200+.

In fact, heck, why don’t you post the screenies here? I’ll personally critique your build for you and help you get started on a new one.

… That is of course, if you do actually have a level 200+ character to post. Surely you wouldn’t make up things about content you’ve never experienced, just to add some extra negativity to your post. You wouldn’t do that right? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

3 Likes

Push it and leave; don’t make a thread about it.

3 Likes

this game is about building your online character, really.
its about making the coolest character, or strongest, or most unique.
theres a bunch of cookiecutter builds out there, but making a character that fits you is the most important.

to me spam and bots and all dont really bother me, but i do feel it to be pathetic to try and make money through exploits.

also i try not to play much and stay casual so i dont burn myself out.

2 Likes

I think it’s silly if people complain they can’t do ALL content solo, like there’s some optional group stuff that is (near) impossible to do alone. Duh, you can’t do endgame dungeons solo without absurd gear unless the game is a complete joke.

But if you can’t do any content without a party, that’s bad. Like one day you just don’t feel like forming a large group for whatever reason, but still want to do something. If you can’t, then the game is no longer any fun.

This kind of thread is really common as people said, but lots of those who said that you should leave are just toxic idiots that didn’t even tried to help you.

For the concerns you wrote, you should leave this game. Why?

Poor optimization - it will improve but not much as you already said

bot/spamers - their already reducing it, but still not on a satisfatory level, after a few months you’ll be able to play even with bots

Forced party - MMORPG are indeed made for groups not solo playing, they can make it easy for solo players to reach higher levels but sometime you’ll need to join some group, it won’t change cause that’s what MMORPG are made for.

Lack of communication - MANY games don’t even have a real forum and patches/changelogs are just thrown in their websites, also announce banned players will never be top priority in any game

2 Likes

One of my biggest gripes is the lack of progress on updates. When ever we get a patch note set it never contains any substantial fixes.

How about the fix for the dungeons being inaccessible that also resulting in us getting a bunch of free dungeon resets? I’d say that’s a pretty substantial fix. Also there have been plenty of minor fixes as well.

I’m not sure what ‘major’ fixes are needed anymore honestly. The dungeon queue looping is more of a UI issue I believe, but that could be addressed I suppose.

I never had any issue getting into dungeons, during all the various problems with dungeons either manual groups or que worked. One was always accessible so i used the appropriate one during the corresponding error period.

While a nice fix it wasn’t a very large one from my perspective.