Tree of Savior Forum

Homunculus - What it is, how to get it, and how it works!

We felt the pain together :’)

As for if we got some love…it’s kind of a mix. On one hand, we get to create Kino Homuns. The other, we’re still screwed over on everything else.

1 Like

Go go kino homuns! I’ll cry tears of joy when it uses Raise!

All the new quests makes it a lot more easier than trying to get in a party because that’s not happening.

1 Like

Wiz>cyro>psy3>alch3 viable?

It is, since it’s what I’m using now… Have fun trying to get R8 though :laughing:

1 Like

Can confirm :slight_smile:
Pyrokino here !

1 Like

So very happy for the alchemist community.
Reminds me of the good old days.

@Kiyoshiro

Right? We can never catch a break…
To tell you the truth im worried about this Alch2 + Divine Might to Magnum Opus the Homunculus. Really bummed they increased Magnum Opus level by 1 instead of giving it an attribute only available at C3 that gives the same effect.

Anyways. Have i seen you before? I have the feeling we met in-game. Do you play on Silute?

@lucianomrj
Yes, it is viable.

But i won’t lie to you, it’s difficult sometimes to say the least and you don’t see a lot of us very often for a reason, to my recollection me and kiyoshiro are the only ones with this build (im sure there’s more but i never met them). But with a bit of skill you can overcome that and in parties you can make yourself useful by CCing.

PS: If you’re looking for a strong dps wizard, don’t do this build. 3 ranks in alchemist really kill your damage.

1 Like

Nope. I play on Klaipeda.

I transfered from Klaipeda to Silute so, it still possible xD

Only fun way is to not include alchemist into your build at all

If you want future proof build and be prepared for despair called alchemist than

Wiz 3 + Link 1 + Link 2 or Sorc 1 or Thaum 1
Cryo 1 + Psychokino 3 (just for CC doubled on Homun)
Cryo 3 + Link or Sorc 1

I dont think that homunculus will be tradeable, maybe only usable between alchemists if so, otherwise it would make the class really bad and not fun, who would waste 3 circles to create something that someone can create and sell you?

who would waste 3 circles to create something that someone can create and sell you?

You could say the same for potions – why waste 3 circles to create potions if someone can create and sell them to you? To be the one providing people with potions and making profits! Opening trading would give alchemists a larger market for their homunculi.

Personally, I don’t feel like my alchemist would benefit that much from having a homunculus. If I wanted 4 extra skills, I would’ve picked up other circles instead – but if I could let my alts use joint penalty via a homunculus… That would be well worth the circles!

3 Likes

Just until some moron comes along and sell the stuff at a loss and screw everything up, like happened with potions.

Imho, the main thing would be your alts benefitting from your helpful skills, like you said yourself.

Yeah, that’s definitely very likely. Considering how expensive it seems the materials might end up, I’d imagine homunculus prices to be fairly high. Sounds like a lot of undercutting just waiting to happen ):

And we still don’t how the AI work so if they are not as helpful as we’re expecting, people might not even pay what cost us to create it.

Only time will tell and i’m cautiously optimistic about it but i am very excited about Alchemistic Missile, might be very weak compared to other r8 skill but it’s better than the nothing we currently have.

1 Like

At the moment, I doubt anyone will pay the cost to craft it…
Especially if its lifespan is only 2 weeks…

2 Likes

Time to make a bot army to help you farm all those mats for your lovely alchy skills?

Next thing you know, you need to feed your homunculus, peta, max peta and all those lovely crafts to build the ULTIMATE PET.

1 Like

Is it those are default skills listed while alchemist can configure any skills that him/herself learnt? :open_mouth:

And homoculus will die or act like pet faint on die only?

@Awoooo is my homunculus awoooooo

Any answers if people are able to buy (non-alchemists) it and what skills I could use if I bought a homunculus?

I’d honestly pay good money for 15 JP homunculus if it doesn’t disappear if it dies in combat or something.

1 Like