Tree of Savior Forum

Holy Sh!t So many of them

It should be legal, lets murder some Botters irl

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I give up reporting them bots now, they became a legion and the bot situation is getting worse everyday, every hour now.

One word. Skynet. It’s happening people.

Prince you simply have little clue, but lets work through your bs one by one:

Your telecommunication argument: You are in a contract with them - by definition they have to have your data. They need to supply internet to you and not to a random house in the city, they need to send the bill to you and they were made to assist law enforcement. What they do is temporarily storing data and then delete it. The data they store though is what you do through the service they provide you.

I go watch my newsfeed thanks to their service - it is related. IMC checking my HWID is related how? How does it help them to have my CPU-ID?

Why you have to give your fingerprints etc to your communication company is unknown to me. I never had to give more nor do I know anyone that gave more than date of birth, adress, name to the company. People from the US of course may speak up if they have to give their fingerprints or photo to get internet :smiley:

The short startbucks remark: The second you enter starbucks you enter public space by default. Another ruleset applies there (and btw starbucks again doesn’t gather your home computer data either - so drink coffee there at your leisure). I can go there and drink a coffee and they know dipshit about me.

Now your fantasy of property damage: How exactly does a botter cause damage and where was it prooven? The best defense mustered by blizzard so far is that botters make people leave, which was opposed by bossland and an expert. Outcome still to be determined.

For IMC to sue a goldseller they have to proof that HE caused damage specifically. That the presence of his bots made people leave - not the bots in general but his. He can of course only pay for the damage he caused.

Now IMC could argue that they have to hire staff etc to combat the problem in general, which is then calculated down (if that is even accepted since IMC still has to proof that bots actually damage anything) into nothingness.

They will have a hard time to proof that a bot causes any damage at all since it can immediately be compared to a person doing this manually or 100 persons doing this. This is the reason no goldseller was even in court after 10 years of RMT.

Trying it will likely net into a loss anyway creating a dangerous first case.

You can google it if you want the only thing you will see is bossland anyway and they are not gold-sellers.

The Eula of ToS itself will not even hold in most european courts anyway so I am not sure why you think they have any right to gather data to begin with. They are entitled to some business related data of course, but HWIDs as per this topic are something different entirely. Furthermore you have to understand that breaching the EULA is not illegal in any way shape or form. You go against them and you waive your rights to access the product, however this only stands if you have been properly told about the eula before you purchase it.

Also that MMO companies can ban without any reason is a myth. There have been several losses in actual court already. Can’t be bothered to find the case where a guy had his wow accounts unbanned via court.

For example if I make an account in germany it is considered to be mine to begin with - not IMCs anymore and they cannot restrict my property without reason.

Could go on but I don’t want to run more circles around you. So no I don’t want to discuss legality, because there is nothing to discuss actually. It is legal.

Mein Gott.

Inb4 they start making bot guilds and win everything.

I just noticed that bot archers are attacking faster than normal with auto attacks not even in rank 2…

It’s a game of patience, didn’t IMC just banned a bunch again

If only they make it b2p, this constant banning might just work… in my fat dreams with pantsu and cat girls.

Hello @MirAlex @Falle,

I’ve taken care of those bots in question. Thank you for your report. :slight_smile:

Is there something in works that slow them down? As we are reporting more than we can in-game.

Unfortunately IMC staff doesn’t work 24/7.
There are more botters and spammers and they work overtime cos they have no life.

IMC staff is doing their best but there are more people complaining than the number of staffs so obviously it looks like reports can’t be kept up with.

Report, then move on.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey @STAFF_Ethan
The bots in Cyrstal Mine Orsha Server seem to be back.

They are now teleporting and trying to run away from players. Although there are less of them. Mostly on ch2 a combination of mostly archers and priests. Guess the map in general is a hot spot. Thank you.

Lol did crystal mine f1 yesterday on my alt and every single channel was flooded with bots. There were packs of 30+ bots following same waypoints. High prices don’t really stop bots if IMC isn’t willing to deal with them (I mean, they cannot even hire a single person to ban goldsellers in shout, how more greedy can they become?)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/270589838972087935/09779804BB1FF18F17AFCDD818CB42DB14C09FE3/
BTW now is a good time to hunt Grim Reaper if you are interested :smile:

i have been randomly visiting old maps and try to check on characters by saying a simple “Hi or hello” or ask them to respond or else report as bot. but it seems that a lot of them don’'t really respond (i did this at my own risk) bots usually have gibberish names like- jjklk kklo jkippp… but these bots i reported (mostly cleric related class) had good proper names but they do not respond and what’s more obvious was that they have this weird pathway of going around the map and exterminate each mob they see, what’s even more astonishing is when u try to kill the mobs they are targeting automatically they switch to another one… very nicely programmed bots!!!

Players u try to communicate with or disrupt their grinding/monster kills have typical reactions like they stop and chat or stop and most likely teleport to a different channel…

i guess manually reporting bots is the only way to stop them from taking over the server and overrun players 10:1

seeing this video made me like. HOLY SHT now there’s an army of them. winter really is coming…

oh well :smiley:

The real farmer bots this genre is known for are already in the 100+ level areas and they have real(ish) names, don’t form giant flash mobs and don’t camp in the same spot for hours. They basically play like slightly below average humans.

Because they’re not very noticeable I can’t imagine they get reported much so the operators must be making a healthy ROI.

Compare that to the group running those bots from the video who have lost a lot of money and are still having to spend more because it isn’t possible to steal debit cards and steam accounts fast enough to support a horde with that much attrition (most of the bots banned are theirs).

So either profit isn’t a motive or these people are a bit dumb and think in f2p they’ll recover their losses. I’m starting to think it’s the former.

[quote=“vrgamerz, post:64, topic:213871, full:true”]So either profit isn’t a motive or these people are a bit dumb and think in f2p they’ll recover their losses. I’m starting to think it’s the former.
[/quote]Stressing the server and the community so it’s easier to manipulate?

With this much bot running around, I doubt they be gaining anything coz they are pretty much KS’ing each other, barely any exp coz the low spawn, less silver? I’m starting to think they are just trying to piss the player off.

I’m starting to think that there is a loophole that allowed you to login without buying the EA.

Interesting point…