Tree of Savior Forum

High Level Grinding Issues

But how can those who love grinding millions of mobs for that 1% exp be top 100 players by level in the world with millions of filthy casual players looking up to them if everyone can be max level in a month though??? and how can millions of filthy casuals look up to them with jealous eyes even exist if no one wants to play this game because you need to grind 18 hrs a day non stop for a year juts to hit max level (or high level) and get that shiny aura around you??? LOL I fukin like it how some people think that investing absurd amounts of your time on mindless grinding equate to game difficulty.

LOL I fukin like it how some people think that investing absurd amounts of your time on mindless grinding equate to game difficulty. They think a game where everyone can easily get max level is EZMODE. It is because they dont like competition, if everyone could be max level in a short time investment then they would LOSE THEIR ADVANTAGE OF HAVING LOTS OF TIME TO SPARE which they dont like,because they dont want fair competition, These are also the types of players who have several computers connected on a separate IP which they use for botting/exploiting or any other illegal mmo activities you could imagine.

Actually I kind of agree, while the linear progression is not bad it certainly is for long term gameplay. This is excluding closed beta or open beta, if a player want to create a new character they would have to go through the exact same progress and repeat. It would certainly kill motivation for continuation.

Regarding exp and grind problem, I also agree in the sense that you guys are all forgetting that the exp rate is higher than normal, meaning the grind in actual release will be even more dreadful. Sure its a good way to get ride of the ā€œfilthy casualsā€ and the game will finally be played by ā€œtrue hardcore gamersā€ but even then with limited maps/spawn/channels and level progression you will eventually reach a point where it will be half the server in Mage Tower F5 or Demon District for the next week or month.

Oh itā€™s too easy or itā€™s too hard we donā€™t really know the intent yet as IMC have not said any official statement about what type of player this game should be tailored to. Grind time =/= difficulty and difficulty =/= fun , donā€™t put the two together or compare them. Instead of jumping to conclusion of saying ā€œLol you think Grind = hard get out you filthy casualā€ you should think that maybe JUST MAYBE some people just dont like to grind. Some of you guys are right, getting to end game content too quickly is also a game killer but the point is not to rush to end game but to enjoy the progress. Frankly I donā€™t think logging on to do the same thing in the same place for a few hours for the next few days particularly fun (and by that i mean not fun at all)

All of this is before I even talk about KSing and class inbalance .
These are all my opinions and everyoneā€™s posts are also opinions thereā€™s no need to attack others for not agreeing.

P.S Jk Screw EVERY single ONE of you HOW DARE YOU try and HAVE FUN in A GAME in your OWN way.

1 Like

Class levels are independent of your character levels. Compressing the level range isnā€™t a terrible idea to be honest, but I think a better option would be to increase the share exp range to something closer to 50-60 levels.

just add more chanel and more mobs for funny grinding.

Ah, I never get tired of the ā€œB> Another channelā€ jokeā€¦ But no, it solves nothing.

Not really, class level and character level are somewhat connected ^^. The exp drops on the curve are meant to be around when you change job to make the first few levels feel smoother ^^.

When Saule server came out I made my character there and leveled as fast as i could to 120. It was insanely easy to get there, took me around 24h of in game time, because the maps I grinded (masoleum chapel at lvl 70 ish for example) were empty and all the mobs were basically mine.

I decided to make a new character today to try out a new class, about a week and a half after the server opened, and guess what? masoleum chapel is filled with bots / afkers / everything now. Grinding felt so painful at lvl 70 that I gave up on making that character. Also, the lvl 50 dungeon is still buggy (and possibly others?).

Please donā€™t be naive to say high level grinding is too easy/fast, it was only fast because the server had just opened and you didnā€™t have to compete with others for grinding spots / quests / etc.

Iā€™ve been creating new chars every week and the last one (created about 4 days ago on laima) was the one iā€™ve leveled fastest, disregarding the fact it was a priest. And i didnā€™t have any problems with ks or full maps, of course there is people but the right places have just more than enough monsters for everyone, like Tiltas Valley or Escanciu Village. The problem as you mentioned in chapel is that people donā€™t like to think and they just follow the trends leading to overpopulated maps while other maps stay empty. Have you ever been in royal mausoleum 3f and 4f? Everyone gathers in one place of the map while the other rooms stay empty and full of monsters, the same thing happens in the whole game world. Maybe the only really overpopulated place will be demon prison district 2 in the future, if they donā€™t add other places to grind at lvl 160~170 range.

The main issue is not the exp rate, it is the lack of channels in places with high demand to grind. Demon Prision and Second Demon Prision have just 1 channel and it is super crowed. If mannagment add 4-5 channels to those locations the exp grinding will be resolve in no time. Besides that, I found leveling extremly easy and fun. Another option will be add more maps to grind and correct the agro of some mobs that is not working properly (Ex: I walked in middle of many mobs with no issues, my friend tried to do the same and the whole mob attack him inmidiatly). Also if any one know an alternative to Second Demon Prision for lvl 170 I will be happy to hear it.

Actually when you reroll for whatever reason, the second playthrough will be much easier, because you can invest alot of money into your skill attributes by a large margin, also companions that are really stat pimped really do help out killing bosses and such. Its also easy to farm worldbosses on your main and give you new character full sets of really strong gear. So if you mess up leveling an alt wont be that hard because it will be able to overkill things blindfolded. My lvl 110 pet in beta basically one shots bosses till about lvl 30ish. So dont think the alt thing is an issue :smile:

Which level should I use all the exp cards to get pass the dead zone, 165, 166 or 167?
I have 85 level 7 cards now and doing the quests for level 8 cards (have 39 atm by the time finishing the quest of dina bee farm).

Chill mate, nobody itā€™s saying this is Ragnarok 2, but yeah, if is not for the RO community this game would was kinda aloneā€¦ so thanks to RO community this is huge, so if you donā€™t like it you can go out.