Tree of Savior Forum

Help me! About Ranger3 Fletcher3 Mergen2

1- Which Skills of Ranger should I Maximize?

I Pretend to do an archer-ranger3-fletcher3-mergen2.

2- It is best to make it full strength or full dex? (I’m thinking that full dex sounds better… I imagine that the crits compensates the lack of str and a good weapon can suply the major part of my atk).

3- This is a good build in the game after the rebalance?

4- In which cards should I invest?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I can (sort of) answer no. 1 & 2:

Steady Aim all the way, all the attributes.

High Anchoring. IMO, you should invest at least 10 points in it. If you have 3x Centaur lv10 you may not need to max all the way.

Critical Shot got much better now. Not the highest single target damage, but definatly scales well with full dex and critical damage.

Time Bomb. I only see it used in pvp, and no more them 1 point.

Spiral Arrow is kind of okay against bosses, you need High Anchoring for better use of spiral arrow with the attribute Continuous Fire to be able to achive x5 the debuff on the enemy.

Bounce shot is okay for aoe set number, but you need the same attribute, Continuous Fire and aim well high anchoring to hit the most possible enemies so you can spam a lot.

If you deslike either bounce shot or spiral arrow, you may drop more points in critical shot or barrage if you want.

Barrage Shot vs Spiral Arrow: You can pull the combo with BS faster and in shorter time but need to get close for it. SA you can use at long distance but need a lot of time and use high anchoring with attribute for better use.

I honestly think Ranger 3 is going to suit SR right now. I don’t think you need both ranger3 and fletcher3 as fletcher3 is already good against bosses. May you reconsider ranger3 for scout? Cloaking to drop aggro on you. Even you decide go full str, wugushi at cricle 1 is not bad for bosses. Latent poison is very strong after 70 seconds.

As for cards, glass mole and rikaus might be userful for fletcher3 > mergen2

2 Likes

First, I would like to thank you both!

I’ve been testing this build and I conclude that the “piano build” is really true. And I think this is really annoying, man… I came from Plagues Doc and Wizz and I found myself crazy with all this low dmg/high overheat of Ranger/Fletcher. I’m all time spamming skills, not even look to the screen to see what I’m killing haha. I’m don’t like to play in this style, I will try something more like set the skill and be watching it while I’m planning what to do next or while I’m doing high AA crit dmg.

Probably something in direction of wugushi/sapper/falcon…

Lol piano build. That is such a funny term XD

Imo Schwarzer reiter has the most comfortable gameplay in the archer tree. High mobility, big range, and CD is comfortable, not too short and not too long.

2 Likes

It’s almost a trainning to play the flute hero in extreme mode! haha

I’ve done some research and decides to do A2-QS3-Falc3-X…

To the last rank I’m thinking in BM or Mergen… Probably I will go with Mergen for my personal 2hdbow preference.

Besides that, I would like to thank you all for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey OP!

Very interesting thread so I want to join in…

I have mained qs3-falco3-mergen and have greatly enjoyed the class and it’s gameplay and great synergy. Currently I am trying the ktos meta (ranger3-fletcher3-mergen2) and I am not really personally quite happy with it…

Problems I am dealing with with ktos meta build:

1. too many skills. My rotations are horrible. But maybe this can be improved by practice?

2. i lost Aiming + PES… Probably 2 of the most useful skills for me in archer tree

3. in Bernice? dungeon, this build empties my sp pool really quick just to keep dps. That is one more thing to worry about on top of shitton of skills I am spamming

4. i dunno what stat with it. Tried full str (not really a fan of str as it scales poorly). 150 dex rest con (okay-ish). 150 dex rest str (okay ish). Full con (mostly prefer this since dmg mainly comes from weapon nowadays and kinda cool to see my aecher with 120k hp)

So yeah. I dunno too. I can keep this build but i am open to go back to my old build which cn jist simply take mergen 2 for rank 10. If nyone can share input please please help us too :frowning:

1 Like

Is mergen2 worth it without falconer?

Don’t know about others but It feels sad to use mergen skills like arrow sprinkle without aiming and triple without circling

Idk bro, I personally feel I am “less efficient” on my own without my falconer skills :frowning:

I think ktos meta shines in Velco because they woukd usually run with a falco as support/dps? Where everything ktos meta build lay down will surely hit

I feel you with this… The ktos build in theory is the best buikd that can make the most dps output but without aiming I feel it is not as good on its own

I think the ranger3 fletcher3 and mergen2 are more because of the Velco and other guild bosses. If you pull a lot of damage quickly, it’s just common the boss targets you all the time. I also think it’s Critical Shot + Steady Aim what they are after. I can be totally wrong tho. As Critical Shot apply the buff on you and not a debuff on the target like Spiral Arrow.

1 Like

i totally agree on this. Steady aim with +22.5% dmg and Crit shot +50% crit dmg on full stacks just synergizes well with fletcher and merg skills. My main used to be a1r1qs3falc3merg1 ever since r9 was released and all I can say that this new build is just night and day

This got me thinking does this critical shot debuff a bug? It logically sounds like a bug if you ask me because you hit enemy with skill but you get the “buff” on yourself rather than a debuff on what you hit

I think imc might nerf that skill coz it doesnt make sense…

Think further. Every crit shot makes you more focus to do better crit. Not gonna explain further, do your imagination to find the logic.

Uh, thanks? Chill

haha

well, I’m going to do the piper quest to be able to reset my rank… in this time i get used to the skills, to say the true I just use three most of time, I’m having a good performance tho. It’s a nice build, I just keep my opinion about the “frenetic” spamming and how this don’t fit to my play style. However, I still will play with falcon, so I can’t compare builds.

With my last reset I may just revert to my old build… Probably biased tho, been to familiar with my skill rotations and such and I like the idea of falcon auto attacking for me… I may not end to be the best dps build all the time but I think whats important is what I enjoy playing. :slight_smile:

True play with your style is the best.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the input.

So I remember in another thread that someone did the maths and currently you actually do not hit str to hit mobs as you cn get enough str from gear and that is all you need.

As for con, this is quite true. To survive it is really nice to have con and some archer builds could even go full con now. But maybe this is most efficient with people with mid gears? I mean if you got all trans 10 miki having a bit of con already comes from gears alone. This is why some builds especially dex build based ones just opt to go full dex

Edit: oh and I think that this is why we got the support roles on other members… Say Velco, linker3 provides great utility to share stats so you can focus on dps… And given how much they buffed the healing potential and how much healinf clerics can do now, it may be overkill already I think.

1 Like

Guys, what do you think is the best choice for the fletcher skills? I had a sapper2 fletcher3 mergen, now im resetting to ranger 3 fletch 3 mergen. Previously i toke magic arrow, dma, and crossfire, but i saw there was some changes to fletcher skills and i don’t what to take now. thanks