Tree of Savior Forum

Help Corsair 3 Builds

Really good if you plan to use DWA a lot. Take note that barb’s wild nature does not increase corsair’s skills but barb’s skills.

i use this build atm:
-pain barrier 15 make you lazy to learn boss pattern
-restrain give 2 second stun (too short) continued with 12 second slow (enemy still moving fast enough)
-lack bossing skill, make me want to change from sw3 to sw1high2

Since this topic seems to transfer into “main-general” corsair builds discussion did anyone tested SW1>HL2>Barb2>C3?

I wanted to roll from my Fencer.

Hello there guys im planning to make a corsair3 mainly for farming mats… im going for sw3-hop1-cor3-shin1 and for the stats is maybe 160 dex and rest str now this is were im concerned should i have con? Bcuz from what i know is every sw class it should have con so yeah…

What im asking is should i put con on my build? (Sw3-hop1-cor3-shin1)
And what do you guys think of my build? I never played corsair and shin so i need some input.

This is pure pve btw.

no you arent mandatory to put CON for PVE.
i think your build will lack single target dmg for bossing in dungeon.
SW3 is not a mandatory with the incoming gazing golem card, and wizard archer cleric all of them still doing fine without pain barrier skill.
Some will say that you can aggro monster with jolly roger or from unfinished quest. I tried compared both of them with swashbuckling lv 5 and the difference is huge.
nonswash aggroed monster: maxed at 6 monster at a time and the agro area isnt as wide as swash.

1 Like

try my plan…

sw1 -> pelt1 -> hoplite3 -> corsair3

this build has better aoe skills,

pelt1 mainly for swash buckilng, lv5 is more than enough, trust me,
and dont choose sw2 for this build, because u will really need swash buckling,

i choose hop3 for spear throw, its what u need to deal constantly aoe damage, because it has low CD and 5 overheat, and pillaging works better with multiply damage skills like spear throw, it has 3x hits,
also, stabbing is good skills for pillaging too, u will steal often when u stab mobs.

why i dont choose shinobi?
i say, shinobi is bad for solo farming, not efficient because bunshin has long CD, consume so much sta, and cannot copy corsair skills at all.

and u dont need con, at all, because u will have high block in this build…

(sorry for my terrible english, still learning :)) )

i have this build, it is super bad, because u have to change ur sub-wep to use murm skills, not only that, u will unequip ur chasis once u equip pistols too :)),
so when u want to use murm skills, u need equip shield, and chasis, this will delay ur farming significantly :))

(sorry for my terrible english, still learning :)) )

1 Like

The aggro limit is 8 monsters per character, not 6, on certain maps it’s even higher (mostly dungeons/instanced dungeons/ET) the limit goes up to 12 and 14, you can check it easly by installing the addon MapMate.
Also, I want to add that the Jolly Roger (Corsair flag) counts as a standalone player/scruture entirely, this means that it can aggro additional monsters for itself (so 8+8 on normal maps).

everytime i put the flag eventho there are 10 enemies within flag radius, only 2-3 of them got attracted to the flag, and it seems conflicting with auto aggro from quest. I use wood linked bridge for testing

1 Like

Of course, as I said, the agro limit on most maps is 8 monsters, so if there are 10 around it’s normal that only 2-3 go for the Flag if 8-7 are already going for you…
The only instances when you won’t be aggro’ed by more monsters is if you’re with your back to the wall: sometimes if the monsters are unable to group up properly around you, they will just stand there doing nothing, instead of collapsing on top of each other, you can fix that by standing further away from the wall or running forth&back once, on the spot.

Video proof (sorry for the quality): https://streamable.com/eg8p5

As you can see, the flag aggroes 7 mobs (the 8th Grummer, was too far away) and they all go for it, ignoring you, if you happen to hit other monsters aswell you’ll be able to group even more.

yep, just tested it with auto aggro turned off, it works like your video. Still not as convenient as swashbuckling lv 5, but it can give 1 more free rank job for trade off

Hey I got a bit of a problem with my build:

Namely how to use the 15 leftover points in Corsair 3? Max JR? Put 10 in DWA and rest in JR? Put 1 in Hook and 14 in Keelhaul?
I’m mainly going to go with pistol and farm, I just don’t know where to put the points best.

i made 2 corsair and have so much unspent point because i dont need to use those skill. You dont obligated to spent those point, wait for the final phase of the game (where there are no skill revamp ever again) then spent it.
anything you spent now is a gamble for future nerf/buff.

10 in DWA and rest in JR it is then. :stuck_out_tongue:
A few more questions:

1. Does Pillaging work only when I’m in party as a leader or does it work for me solo too?
  2. Does it only increase the silver drop or item drop too?
  3. I heard it scales with circles now instead of JR level, but how much exactly is that chance per circle?

1.only work when you are party leader even when the party member consist only you.
2.it steal silver/item, not increase it
3.it is 5% per rank,c3 will have 15% chance of success stealing. Once stolen, you cant steal again from that same enemy.

1 Like

Wait, so it’s a passive that works only when you’re in a party? It doesn’t work for solo farming?

it works if you create a party, even if you is the only player in the party

it doesn’t work when you are not in a party and it is not the leader.
so restrictive but if you are casual enough to never realize that or always forget to create a party when farming well, i’m sorry for you :prince:

Dont take any pelta rank, or 1 rank Doppel in corsair route, its useless in pve, bossing, pvp, swaping EQs took time, dont take too much skill buffs,so much skills buff will reduced DPS skills, when you finish buffing, your teamate already finish group of mobs, boss lol. The most usefull corsair build in any path are:
sw2-HL3-cor3
sw2-bar3-cor3.

i on the other side feels that pelt-cor-doppel is a must for farmer type swordman