Tree of Savior Forum

Help Corsair 3 Builds

The “passive spear lunge” in talking about is the Fencer passive

Ohhh. but the fencer’s passive actually works on all physical attack skills of all damage types. So, it’s not a passive spear lunge but a passive skill attack boost. Either the description of it is wrong or it’s a bug

Are you talking about this attribute?

Rapier Mastery: Aggression

• Increases [Pierce] damage by 3% per attribute level when equipped with a [Rapier] as main weapon, but without [Shield] as sub-weapon

@mathiasdutranichele
The weapon swap from archer class is way better than the swordsman class. The moment you change your main weapon into something different from a spear, finestra buff is removed

Didn’t know about that

1 Like

yes. this attribute /20chars

Finestra Buff gets removed the moment u switch away from spear (So u dont have the 150 crit rate while using a rapier)

Aggression Attribute is indeed strong, but not as strong as Spear Lunge debuff would be.
-> Spear Lunge Debuff increases the final Dmg u are dealing on an enemy
-> Rapier Mastery Increases the Skill Modifier (Lets say u have a skill with factor 200%, its now 215%)

Final conclusion:
In the end besides Hexendropper there isnt realy a good Pierce Dmg Skill in this build (Sw2-Hop2-Corsair3-Fencer1), so im not sure why u wanna have huge Pierce Dmg Boosts.
Stabbing and Pierce are both not realy good (Hoplite 2)
Lunge, Evasive Toucher arent good aswell (Fencer 1)

U cant have Shinobi in a Corsair 3 - Fencer 1 build currently. So there´s no Kunai Dmg.

-> A build including Hoplite 2- Corsair 3 - Shinobi would be a different topic. (I played this before the reset event, and this is indeed a stong burst with Kunais)
—> The problem is, that a Sw 3 with Double Slash has higher Burst Dmg (With glass moles) with a Bunshin Combo, and in this build u dont have Hoplite C2

I dont think that formula is right.
Based on my test during the reset event, my pistol shot had 6k average crit without Aggression Attribute and then went up to 8k average crit with Aggression Attribute.

I agree with you:

A Corsair 3 Fencer build is more based on slash damages than Pierce ones:

With Lunge and Cleave (if you took 1 lvl of barb) you have a solid debuffs base to use either all the charges of double slash (if you went SW3) and 1 or 2 Dust devil (depending on your dex). You still have 2 charge of cleave to put the remaining Dust devil and Flanconnade (5 charges).

Attaque coquille into Hexendropper + Sept etoiles still do a decent amount of damage.

I changed my path from SW3/Barb1/Corsair 3/ Fencer into Doppel for Aoe purposes (2 charges of cyclone are really valuable during Pistol shot downtime) but the first one is really powerful on bosses (with 315 purples HG stuff and 810 Ellaganos you reach a solid 170-180 DEX without spending any points that let you spam your skills smoothly)

3 Likes

But I was thinking of a Corsair build for farm(HG farm to be specific), so you would say that I should pick Doppel insted of fencer?
Is fencer that bad at AoE?

It’s not that bad. Doppel just does it waaaay better that it looks like fencer is bad at AoE. Just use Vubbe Fighter Gloves and 2 Gladiator Bands/Phada when farming

1 Like

fencer low aoe isn’t problem if u have good enough rapier

u can just kill them one by one

u have a lot of skill and filler that could use on single or small pack of mob

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to make sw3-barb-corsair3-fencer for a while but not sure about the stats.
Should I go full str or full dex, since corsair-fencer has a lot of multi hits and lvl15 concentrate adds a lot of dmg?
Which skills should I pick as fencer? Sept 5 Flanc 5 Lunge 1 Coquille 5?

IMO Gung-Ho is still superior to Concentrate.
Still i would never advice to go Full STR of DEX. Its either low DEX and more STR or the other way around. (At least for builds which gets influenced by Atk Speed)
Although i picked Shinobi in the end. I did some tests on Corsair3-Fencer aswell (Since that was my aim to begin with).

• Talking about the 2 week reset event.

I think that DEX should be at around 180-200 (Including gear). I put every other point into STR, and im running very fine.
In the build u aim for ur highest hitting Skill will be Double Slash, which tends to crit always. (Dont forget to include +50% Slash Dmg Debuff from Lunge[Fencer] and Cleave[Barb])

Thats for the stat question. U´ll hear other opinions from other player- But this is what i did and im realy fine with it.

For Skill points:
Fencer C1 offers 5 skills:
Flannconade: (Which is in ur special case of the build a great skill - forget everything u heard about that if u aim for Fencer C2+) -> Use it with an additional Cleave Debuff for some dmg. (Animation is quite long so normaly it will be hard to fit 5 charges in 1 Cleave)
Sept Etoile: A nice multihit Skill (despite the name it does 8 hits…), doesnt realy deal much dmg.
Attaque Coquille: Was the reason why Fencer hitted big numbers, although they had low PAtk (Before the patch) - right now its bugged and doesnt work properly
It should ignore enemies defense against Pierce Skills…(Ignoring the defense will be very strong, so i think IMC isnt sure who to balance out that skill, hence they made it useless to figure the right values for the skills…)
Lunge: Wonderful Slash Debuff, which lasts for 4s (U can use 3 charges of Double Slash easily). Very nice animation, besides those 2 points this skill is uselss. No big dmg.
Esquive Toucher: VERY nice animation, besides that completly useless.

-> Conclusion:
More or less all skills arent that great for Dmg, but the give u some nice utility with Dmg debuffs.
My recommandation:
Attaque Coquille 5 - (If it will be fixed u want this skill -> u dont need skill reset by than, also it is still a nice Strike Dmg Skill)
Flannconade 5 - U have a very good filler when u wait for Corsair CDs
Lunge: at least 1 - For Debuff
Esquive Toucher: 0 or 1 - tends if u wanna have the animation…It is one of my favourite in this game so i have 1 point in it on all my Fencers i did
Sept Etoile: spare points 3 in my case - Does some nice dmg, but it will be not that strong / Hexendropper will be stronger, tho!

Fencer is picked for the Rapier Mastery:Aggression Attribute and Lunge Debuff and both are working great with the skillkit u have in a Sw3-Barb-Corsair3-Fencer build.

2 Likes

So, about weapons, I’m almost reaching lvl 170 and I don’t know if I should pick a venier and use it until I get a 1 or 2 prac weapon or just get anything and pick a purine pevordimas at 315, what’s your opinion about that?
And about gems which is better: green or red?

Just get any rapier pre-315.
Once you get to 315, get a pevordimas rapier and trans it to 3-4th stage until you can save and get a Black Horn. Also save 4 pcs lvl 7 or 8(if you can afford) green gems to socket your Black Horn and 2 socketed dagger(if you wanna fencer3) otherwise get an Aspana Revolver if you’re going Corsair 3 > Fencer

Also, about the crit rate thread, there’s probably something wrong with that formula since I have 700+ crit rate as Fencer 3 and crit about 7/10 on average when doing dungeon 290

1 Like

how about sw-pelt-highlander2-cor3-doppel as a party farmer? highlander2 for single target DPS

This build is also an option :3

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333888c.11234555.17273f467585.1c2131517f8a95.11243575

This way you get Missile/Magic evasion, Physical defense increase, additional physical evasion, max Swashbuckling for HG and dungeons, and max Pillage by being Corsair C3

Murmillo skills are not bad whatsoever. Only downside is that you’ll need a good Sword, Pistol AND Shield for this build, as well as potentially expensive Murmillo attributes to buff Peltasta abilities.

Edit: Don’t know much about Pelt > Murmillo interactions, so I can’t say which skills are better to put points into. Just something to consider as Rank 9 is around the corner and Corsair C3 Murmillo C2 could potentially be extremely good.

err… tanker-PV-farmer? how is that DPS?
i really want to use viena mace+manamana as BUDGET setup

calculating on paper, bonus stat from viena mace combine with bonus stat from manamana makes +11manamana as strong as +11doublestack (both at stage0).
But mace contradict with dhevlin gauntlet…

If I have the time, I’ll use the new player event and raise a Pelt > Corsair > Murm and tell you what its like :3

Hello guys. I’m planning to make a farming build corsair 3 and instead of creating another topic, guess I’ll take advantage of this one to clarify some of my doubts :stuck_out_tongue: .First of all I want to know: Is corsair 3 as good at farming as SR / FF?

About builds, I was thinking about Sw3>Pelta1>Corsair3>Doppel or Sw1>Pelta1>Barb3>Corsair3 (I don’t think Shinobi adds that much in a full farming build, and don’t have the patience to complete the quest too :sweat:) and I really can’t decide because aside from PB15, idk how important/good is Sw3 for that build without Shinobi, as Barb can also offer really good buffs plus some skills with good AoE and damage, although I would lose Cyclone and Double Pay Earn (I also don’t know if this one is good or not).

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance :slight_smile: .