Tree of Savior Forum

Help Corsair 3 Builds

I need help with Corsair 3 build =/

as long as it has sw3 and you go with high DEX
reason is cor 3 has multihit skills and 2 skills scales with aspd along with DWA that scales with aspd which means it scales good with DEX. Sword 3 gives you concentrate and concentrate with max attribute gives you 4.5 concentrate damage for every DEX you put, and with the new damage computation, concentrate damage ignores defence.

pros with sw3 dex:
has decent dps with concentrate and aspd multihit skills, damage fountain
max pain barrier
with pistol: long range restrain stun which becomes faster fire rate with dex
most of the damage ignores defence (due to concentrate)

cons
no high % damage or in other words no big numbers and 555,555 damage

non-pro non-con
DWA build can deal that 30 hits of concentrate really fast, but if it eats the whole 30 hits before the 20 seconds CD, you are going to have a hard time.

now there are 2 class you have left and one class is mandatory to your weapon choice:
hoplite - gives you finestra (for aoe attack ratio) and means you get to choose spear and its kinda good for ASPD build since it has range, it also gives you another multihit skill and a bleed for sw3 double slash. get a Zega spear so you get that 100% uptime finestra
pelt - gives you guardian and swash so you stick with sword

my current build is sw3 - hoplite - cor3, my next class would be shinobi

Maybe is not necessary high DEX, you just need enough for faster skills (100~~150?).
DWA does NOT scale with aspd, which means you do NEED STR to hit harder, since you will atk the same amount but with less power if choose DEX oriented build.
Now, if you pick Shinobi, high DEX build would be great, since you have 5 Bunshins attacking, but only for 16 seconds.

Also, while using DWA, the buff of concentrate do not apply to the damage. It means that if you want to use DWA for long periods, GungHO will be more effective.

About your build, you would benefit more going for hop2, since Spear Lunge is one of the main purpose of picking Hoplite, it gives you vulnerability for pierce atks and a great burst for Shinobi Kunai.

My current build Sw3>(pelt1 or barb1)>Cor3>Shinobi and I still have some doubts about what to get… Concentrate/GungHO - Pelt1/Barb1 - STR/DEX build…

Just test your build, 200 dex is enough, r8 u can also choose dop, then wait for r9 release, until then i think this build is the strongest cor3 build play still just a fun build =))

nope, you cant fit hoplite 2 in sw3 cor 3 shinobi, unless you only take cor 2. And the reason for picking hoplite was: stabbing, Finestra AOE.

mind you this is a COR 3 build so you can’t possible downgrade it to cor2
while if you take only SW 2, you are missing Clone double slash combo which nearly has the same amount of total dmg as clone kunai because of its high damage scale and 60% chance crit.

DWA, I dont actually like it, I am more of pistol build COR 3 (or what a cor 3 should be) and it is clunky with pistol

And yeah the most important thing I forgot to tell…SW3 Cor 3 shinobi is built for PVP not PVE. It’s damage pales in comparison swith SW3 H2 X X shinobi or SW pelt X X shinobi murmillo. And this thread is to help OP about his COR 3 not help mine, I know what direction to take with my build lol.

The only suggestion I would take was that 200 DEX and put rest into CON since some says it soft caps at that range and since I get oneshotted alot in pvp (im not shinobi yet, and that cor 3 is a twink so I PVP naked with only spear and pistol) but if you like perma stunning your enemy from invisibility and range, or atleast killing that cleric in safety zone, this build is for you.

In kToS they had a patch note saying secondary weapon would be affected by aspd too. Right now DEX doesn’t affect it in iToS. DEX doesn’t make DWA faster right now either (not sure it will in the future).

I picked sw3 pelt1 corsair3 shinobi. My build right now is full DEX. I tried full STR but didn’t like it, too sluggish with the skills. I also felt full STR had some issues with survivability. Not exactly dying but having to step off battle to wait on pots cooldown. Also had this issue where my gear would break insanely fast due to not having any evasion.

Guardian attribute gives 150 evasion now which is pretty nice. Flip to sword + dagger to use swash buckling (and back to pistol if you want to use Pistol Shot). I have around 750 evasion at lvl 300 which gives me about 56% chance to dodge most mobs (considering mob avg accuracy as 150). Dodge rate is not insanely high but 56% is a huge difference compared to full STR without meaningful dodge.

Accuracy is a problem, maybe I’ll reset to get around 100 STR to have minimal accuracy. I’m using all the accuracy gears I could find and ended up with only 200 accuracy, which still makes me miss sometimes.

I’d like to mention that Double Slash seems to crit A LOT because of the attribute. And the fact I’m full DEX with DEX giving crit atk now makes me hit like a truck with it when I have the clones up. Auto-atks (without DWA) with high DEX and clones also deal considerable damage, almost as much as my SPR chaplain auto attacking. Too bad Concentrate doesn’t work for clones.

First, I didnt say you must pick Hoplite2, I just said you would benefit more going for it because of Spear Lunge. And yes, Finestra for AOE is ok, but Stabbing??

Where I said you should downgrade for cor2 or sw2? Just check the build im going for.

If this build is for PVP, you sould definitely give up the Hoplite class. Just saying…[quote=“BlackCat, post:5, topic:360501”]
And this thread is to help OP about his COR 3 not help mine, I know what direction to take with my build lol.
[/quote]
I’m not helping you, man, far from it. I only did some commentaries and corrections about your build, so the guy could have some ideia what to choose. Not sure about it “I know what direction to take with my build lol” since you get Hop for PVP…

See ya!!

If you think enough, you would see that it DOES NOT MATTER MUCH what you pick for X in an sw3/x/cor3/shino.

because sw3/cor3/shino itself is enough for pvp. Like I said, the X class is what decides your weapon choice. And I also said the Spears gives range (AA range) which for me is a pvp worthy utility.

DWA doesn’t seem to work with pistol?

I don’t plan to use dagger only sword and pistol… Is that a bad idea?

yeah DWA and pistol seems does not seem to work (DWA pistol shot is slower than my main hand that my mainhand will always cancels pistol AA).

Not really a bad idea, but here are the reason you would want to sword and dagger

1. You dont have manamana
  2. your dagger happens to have elemental attack (arde or that purple dagger)
  3. pistol shot is on CD
  4. you are levelling/PVE
  5. you are not lazy

if all 5 is your situation, it maybe better to stick with sword and dagger and swap to sword and pistol only if you are going to use pistol shot. But if you are lazy like me who does not want to weapon swap every 30 seconds or something, go ahead and equip sword and pistol, you only lose 150ish worth of damage anyway, no big deal.

Yes I just bought and crafted the manamana AND a lvl315 blue wep just for this corsair and I wouldn’t want to waste it away using only pistol shot and swapping to a dagger… The stats on manamana is pretty good even thoigh i only have it at at +7 now. Will try to +11 in the future… Im short of silver now.

Since i am dropping DWA with no intention of using a dagger either, now im just scratching my head thinking if i should go jolly 15, or jolly 5 and 10 into ironhook/keel…

Now im just afk waiting for that flower to spawn to get my shinobi for this corsair.

Hello.

My brother used to have an auto-attack build composed of Barbarian C2+ plus Corsair C2+. With the changes to skills, is it still viable?

His aim was to make use of DWA as much as possible, auto attacking to the infinity.

keel should be lv 1 only (it has 800 rank 1 and crap additional % per level on it and needing to waste iron hook) while iron hook is subjective but not less than lv 5. I think pillage is not dependent on jolly roger anymore and is base on corsair rank and you wont be using DWA, so the only reason to get it is for unity attribute or if you need to support an archer (QS3, SR3) so either leave it as rank 1, 15 if you are a dedicated support or put leftover points on it.

k guys, give me some help here.i was trying to get some info on cors 3 shinobi but my goal is PvE.

i want a char to drop rare items so i wanna take corsair 3.

im currently rank 6 and ive tried different combinations of sw hop corsair so far but im still in doubt.

at the moment im thinking that sword 3 hop 1 cors 3 shinobi would be better for boss fighting because:
sword 3 gives me the only ability in this tree that the shonobi can copy and it also gives me concentrate max ( planning to go 1:1 str/dex). hop 1 is just for stabbing lvl 1 so i can do lots of hits and try to drop item with pillage. (and also ive invested some money into a spear because i was playing hoplite 3).

can you guys critique my logic in here? im not interested in pvp with this build…

IMO the premier Corsair farming build this patch is Swords3Pelt1Corsair3Doppel. Dropping about 150-200 points into DEX with max Concentrate gives you a decent damage boost to all of your multihit skills and makes your burst rotation come out faster. I can do 3x Dust Devil 3x Double Slash 2x Hexen Dropper within 4 seconds so I get the full bonus from Glass Mole cards to burst a group of mobs.

Doppel is just the best filler rank at R8 because Cyclone is now full duration even at level 1 and deals a shitload of AoE damage for clearing groups of mobs while your other skills are on CD, Deeds of Valor is nerfed but still a decent damage boost, and Double Pay Earn gives you occasional bonus drops (I’ve gotten a few double cubes from HGs so far). Peltasta is essential for a farming build to gather mobs so you can maximize AoE damage and increase your clear speed significantly.

This build can also PVP pretty well with Iron Hook 15 and Restrain + Pistol Shot for ranged stuns, Restrain + Cyclone to stunlock in melee range. Alternately you can put points in Gung Ho over Restrain for a bit more damage if you’re strictly PVEing, but you really have no other PVE skills to put Corsair points into now that Jolly Roger and Double Weapon Assault are both garbage. I guess you could go Jolly Roger just for the occasional party buff if you’re not just solo farming, but you’ll basically never get to the max combo solo without using Pistol Shot which is the only skill it even buffs.

I swapped from PeltHop2Corsair3Dragoon to this build and it feels significantly better even though my blue 315 sword isn’t highly enhanced or gemmed or anything. You might do slightly less immediate burst damage than you would with Spear Lunge + Hexen Dropper + Dragoon skills but overall DPS is higher and you get the full benefit of Pain Barrier. You’re also not locked into 1h spears which are overall worse weapons than swords.

Shinobi is way better used in plenty of other builds that don’t involve Corsair at all. IMO the only reason you’d go Shinobi is for a PVP Corsair.

Hey @SlyGoat nice inputs. May I know

1. What HG were you farming 280 or 300/315?
  2. Your armors?
  3. Weapon set (Gun?)
  4. ToS skill tree?
  5. How decent is the kill rate?

This gives me hope since I’m resetting my 330 sword toon :smiley: thanks!

I’m actually planning to go with SW3/Highlander2/Corsair3. I don’t pvp at all, and I’m not interested in shinobi. Taking highlander 2 gives access to several decent attack skills to fill out your rotation. Additionally, I have read somewhere but haven’t confirmed for myself that double slash gains double damage on a bleeding target. Since highlander 2 gives access to crosscut, it should end up being some very decent burst along with all of the other skills in the corsair toolkit.

@SlyGoat the peltasta is only for the taunt skill, right? imo its not that necessary. idk what could fill the gap but hoplite sounds a bit better. i find the pirate flag useful for gathering mobs too

besides that… its sad to hear that shinobi would be a waste. he LOOKS very strong for boss fighting and, of course, looks badass as ■■■■. but yea, maybe i get doppel if it would give me more efficiency when farming and getting rare drops

Already got the answer. Thank you

What I learned on this reset event:

Contrary to popular belief, DWA pistol DOES work, you just need to go near the enemy, nearer than wielding a dagger, for the pistol to shoot.

A side note:
Fencer’s Rapier Mastery: Aggression
add’s 15% total skill damage if equipped with a rapier(even though the tooltip says different)
So, if you plan on adding Fencer on your Corsair C3, all your damage skills will be boosted by 15% when equipped with a rapier(Even Pistol Shot).

1 Like