Tree of Savior Forum

Help Corsair 3 Builds

My current planned build for my Cor3 is SW2>Barb3>Cors3.
Reason : Trying to get alot of atk from buffs (GungHo, Conc & Frenzy) to push DWA and other skill damage as much as possible.

Guys, is this build will be ok? Hopsair

i have swordie 177 lvl with both brandish and maga spear, so i wanna try spearbuilds.

IMO u have to less skills to utilize Spear Lunge properly. (Only Pierce and Hexen Dropper get the bonus dmg Autoattacks aswell :>)

U might think about going for Shinobi for Kunai. (1 Debuff of Spear Lunge last long enough to fit in 2xKunai and 2x Hexen Dropper)

Sadly uĀ“ll loose out on 1 rank of SW, tho - which is also a huge thing.

And last advice: U should lvl Dust Devil to 15, the dmg is very good. DWA is not very good and very annoying to use - i would never go higher than 1 Point into it. (With Finestra its easier, tho - also additional Attack Range from spears might help aswell)

I for myself have 1 point in DWA for fast attacking against objects which can only be hittet for 1Ā“s (Like every 3rd stage in ET)

Itā€™s AA build, so less skills, less facerolling.
I even though about this build for pure AA Hopbarb

What actual skills from a corsair -doppel or corsair 3-shinobi are actually affected by offhand pistol/dagger pattack? and gems? @Sera1003 @EternalDream @SlyGoat summoning technique! :stuck_out_tongue:

i tried hoplite, highlander, and finally sword 3 and i think the best build for a corsair 3 is: sw3 barb 1 corsair 3 shinobi.
if you are ok with corsair 1 and like fencer you can make the pvp build with pelta too.

Shinobi is so buggy that is better to use it with sword 3 since you can at least double slash with the clones and actually do anything with them besides Kunai, the dmg input in single targets with corsair 3 and shinobi is pretty much good if you have a good crit rate and weapon.

Pistol Shot is the only skill in the entire Swordsman tree that uses your offhand attack AFAIK.

1 Like

Well Pistol does affect Pistol Shots dmg.
Dagger/Pistol affects the Offhand Autoattack so DWA is affected.
Besides those two things offhand PAtk doesnt affect anything.

Red Gems in Offhand gives PAtk which affects both ur Main and Offhand PAtk. (IMO Red Gems in offhand is the best to get) -> Getting Aspana Revolver and socket 3 red gems is huge dmg for Off and Mainhand.
Green Gems affecting Crit Rate is also a general stat and increases both Off and Mainhand Crit Chance.
Blue gems arent needed (Magic Attack or Block)
Yellow Gems for Crit Attack might be interesting, but the fact that u cant crit reliable anymore kills it for me, tho.

I have Green Gems in Mainhand and Red Gems in Offhand. One might argue Red Gems in Mainhand are also good (They will affect Offhand aswell) but i wanna have some crit rate aswell.

Yep, IMO SW3 is very good with Shinobi. IĀ“ve been Hoplite-Corsair-Shin for a very long time and Spear Lunge with Kunai is very good, but i just cant stand using Spears. Also i wanted to main my Corsair Shin now, and i realy wanted to have Pain Barrier for it.
U dont even need good Crit Rate for Double Slash ti crit reliable. Its more or less always a crit. Using Glass Moles with Bunshins my burst is very big. (Without transcend on Mainhand i deal about 3 millions dmg against Bosses)

1 Like

Thanks for the inputs, lol just thought of using this. Was in my inventory since the rank reset change (I was using a +16pevo pisto since rank reset 1 slot with lvl 6 green gem only).

And yes, I can confirm that the damage is really higher.

1 Like

WOW that dagger is the wet dream of any Fencer out there :>

And yeah youā€™re right was using this for my ex-Fencer now cors3 lol.

1 Like

Btw. on which Server are u playing, i thought that we could do something together if u play on Fedimian, since i realy like to talk with u in Forums xD

Iā€™m playing from a SEA server lel worlds apart. haha yeah itā€™s mutual.

1 Like

you guys know crit rate on off-hands are higher than on main weaps?
and patk from red gems are higher on main weaps than off?

itā€™s all here http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Gems

i use 2 green and 1 yellow on my main weap, and 1 green on my manamana

Spear Lunge % damage got nerfed, stabbing is useless since itā€™s too slow and dust devil has a really bad aoe attack ratio, iā€™m never using it.
DWA is actually pretty good for farming content under 300 like uosis, you can PM me for an autohotkey macro that lets you DWA by holding a button if you want to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome.

I would also advocate against spears since swords have 3/4 slots that you can fill with crit rate equip.
In the end what really matters is making a build that is playable, ā– ā– ā– ā–  like highlander2/3 are better suited for ET than field farming, where SW3 is better simply because you have less things to do.

I donā€™t want to cast cleave and 50 other spells every single pack of mobs lol, imagine doing that for 50 hours.

I never said that Stabbing is good? Also Spear Lunge is still a decent buff, regardless of its bonus dmg nerfedā€¦ - it is still Bonus dmg.
Dust Devil has the same AoE Ratio than every other Skills without an innate AoE Ratio. - If u talk about hitbox u have to get used to it. Its one of the only skills which hits around u tho. (Atleast 2 of the 3 hits)

Farming content under lvl 300? Whoever is doing that? Im talking about ET and farming lvl 315 materials.

Highlander 2/3 has realy short Hitboxes, well it has some high dmg, but uĀ“ll loose out on higher lvl of Pain Barrier which is a huge deal in ET content. Short Hitbox, no Pain BArrier is a nono for ET, at least IMO.

Casting skills is what we all do, so i dont see ur last point.

Im not a friend of spears myself, u might have misunderstood me, i just gave insight for another guy.

I was just talking about my experience, iā€™ve tried 4-5 different corsair builds with the resets. Especially when you have 200+ dex spear lunge often becomes a debuff to your damage since the animation is so long and the hitbox sucks.
I donā€™t want to change your ideas about the game but dwa+dex literally melt things if you are using monstrance+bless+concentrate, so much damage i actually LOSE damage if i cast spells not scaling with attack speed.

1 Like

Anyone who went sw3hop1cors3dopp1? Iā€™m actually curious to know if finestra crit chance will work with ā€œallā€ the class skills involved (Should be right? if youā€™re with spear+ dagger).

Finestra gives higher crit rate right? Like 100? Thatā€™ll be a good route too if you want a high dex build + green/yellow gem build. Youā€™ll lose cleave and chopper from barb w/c is i guess okayish trade with the finestra buff? ( I went barb by the way, I just canā€™t get this build off my head especially the crit part).

And yeah imagine spinning with a spear + pistol lol not really ideally huh.

Both barb cleave and lunge should be around 25% bonus damage now or something like that.
Crit rate formula against enemies of your level is (crit rate from items and skills)^0.6 since base crit rate and crit defense is entirely based on level now, so you will have 165 base crit rate and enemies will have 165 crit defense.
This means that with 350 crit rate from items/skills you will reach 33% critical chance, and 39% with 450 crit rate.

Finestra 10 gives 150 crit rate, but only solmiki and wingshard spear can reach the crit rate you can gain from 4 slots one handed swords.

Btw shinobi kunais feels pretty good to cancel pistol shot.

1 Like

No itā€™s not.

Red gem on main adds MAX attack (i.e. on average it adds half of what the gem say, though it also works for m.atk), vs just +physical attack on offhand.