Tree of Savior Forum

Have some newbie questiones

Hmm…
Can’t say I’ve been to this Dvasia place at all.
Well, I’ll try finishing the historian quest - may be it will help.
Thanks for putting an effort to respond :slight_smile:

I would love to have this quest to farm and other things. Do you recall the name of the quest?

1 Like

Cant remember sorry, but I think npc is either julian or Commander O’Rourke.

Don’t submit the quests.

https://tos.neet.tv/zones/1231

1 Like

You must abandon a quest or complete it to remove it aggro effect, removing the marking doesn’t stop a quest just remove it from view…

also, some quest items have this effect too…

1 Like

At last found the culprit!
(After having wasted a number of ready-to-give quest portals to find out which quest was causing the troubles).
Just in case someone is interested, it was after The Journey to Find Myself (2) when you collect Shadow Essences (perhaps these were the items with the effect DrRM mentioned in the previous post).

Anyways, thanks to all - will be more careful to trace which quests I’m accepting.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain about the Earth Tower?

Reached 260 lvl and decided to try this new activity.
Got all buffs, entered and immediately got ripped apart (literally - just in 5 seconds) by a horde of monsters right by the entrance in the narrow corridor. Got thrown from the instance >_<

Had no problems with the rest activities - some might be challenging or tedious but this…
Just didn’t get it. :neutral_face:

It is a team heavy place…

Teamwork or dead…

1 Like

Earth Tower (ET) is a dungeon for pre-made teams which currently give the ‘best in slot’(BiS) gears. If you see shouts like 25F,30F,35F,40F those are party seeking team mates for respective floors.

If you’re still new to the game, I suggest you use support classes with little investment if you intend to do ET, DPS classes would require you to invest depending on build and what floors you intend to run.

2 Likes

good luck on ur journey mate~!

Items will take from 30 minutes up to 2 hours to appear on the market. Except for Tokens, they appear on the market as soon as they’re put there.

1 Like

I see…
Then it seems no chance to get into this activity.
If people want someone for floors 20+ then they need really strong characters, not lame newbies like myself…

I’d not be sad about it if it were not for the Solmiki amulet that is best for my archer character :frowning:

Play a support character, mostly gear checks are done only for DPS.

If you play a support character like thauma,healer,chrono sometimes falc(some people do gearcheck here), they won’t care as long as you know what you are doing.

you can then pass the gear you got to your main.

But I am playing as an archer as my main.
Drastically changing the playing pattern just to be able to fit into the framework that actually doesn’t care what I am and which I don’t really like in the beginning doesn’t seem to be my idea of fun.

May be if I am desperate to get the medal, I’d resolve to this but so far I don’t feel like abandoning my character.
Thank you for your advice anyway.

Ah no worries, your main is still your main.

basically you use a fodder character(or a filler, support) to feed your main.

Your support/filler character doesn’t need any gear or expensive attributes to work, which sends more gear to your main.

If you still insist on just using your archer right away, go ahead, it will just take a lot more time to be stronger. I think people on your server are much friendlier, SEA community is much more rude/toxic and willingly kick people out after a gear check.

1 Like

Even now I can hardly find time to do something with my main character that I really like - farm some difficultly dropped item for a collection or a couple of new quests - apart from the much disliked instanced dungeons and other daily activity. Frankly speaking, I hate dailies and especially those dailies that can’t be ignored (like dungeons and other dungeon tab things in ToS that you just can’t miss since all really good stuff can be achieved only through them). I’d love to see a game where players are not forced to run a never-ending rat race of instanced dailies but achieve everything in the open world.
So, I don’t see how I can spend even more time to raise up another more or less playable character just to be a mindless support for the right-geared guys in an abysmal hope that may be, just may be, some of the scraps will reach my table as well. Day after day, after day…

Anyway, I am grateful for your response and advice. Time will tell the best course of actions.

Well , I fell the same. Specially when I got the bugs on ET which people are doing much more due the event.

I think it is a game design flaw that they tried to make a workaround with Primus stuff and other things. I am not saying that really works , but I don’t have a good suggestion how it could with the current state, counting the game economy and also the people who pay to keep the servers up and running

Hum… Maybe you could try The Elder Scrolls Online. You can actually test it for free until next Tuesday (on the 27th).
You have no daily limits for dungeons, and also have several kinds of dungeons (full instance ones (your traditional MMO dungeons), solo open world ones, slightly more difficult solo/group open world ones). It’s a pretty easy PvE game where you can just do whatever you want whenever you want, without feeling like you have chores to do in order to have your character stay relevant.
TOS is more like a typical MMO game, ESO really feels more like a real adventure/RPG online game.

I know it’s out of topic, but since you mentioned being tired of dailies and I found ESO to be a great break from that, maybe you’ll enjoy it as well~
And yes, it’s a game you have to buy in order to pay. But it’s not a subscription, you can buy the base MMO for cheap (especially during Steam sales :P)

Thanks for the advice.
I did consider it when choosing the next MMO to hang out :slight_smile:
But I disliked it for a number of reasons (and paying for it was not one of them - I’d gladly pay a subscription if the game was up to my expectations).
Anyway, we are a bit out of topic.

Next thing I’d like to clear out is about the guilds.
Usually, creating my own ‘pocket’ guild is one of the first things I do in an MMO. But here it feels like redundant. Am I wrong assuming it?

• I know that to create a guild I must level up a particular warrior class, but would I still be able to invite my other characters to my guild or it won’t be possible?
  • Does the guild have some personal space (like the heroes lodge at the game start and additional guild items store to be shared with the rest guild members)?
  • Does belonging to a guild has any advantages / disadvantages apart from being in touch with a constant circle of people?

Thanks in advance.

Not anymore, you can create a guild without being a templar, but you’ll have less functions to play around with

Hmm can’t remember but you might need a templar for this.

Some events like the one we have now, guild attendance.

Basically it’s just like RO, guilds are glorified chat rooms if you don’t have a templar. Maybe you could set up wars but I’m not sure.

1 Like

You don’t need to be a Templar anymore to create a guild. You have basically two types of Guilds in TOS: the social Guild, and the Guild with all the functions.
The first kind, anybody can create them, but you have access to everything in a Guild and it’ll mostly be a Guild to chat with people.
The second kind, you need to be a Templar to create them so you can build a Guild Tower, which gives access to :

• your Guild hangout, to farm Dilgeles for Alchemists’ potions, and to grow up a Guinea Pig companion, or simply to hang out with your Guild friends
  • Guild raids/quests/missions, where you fight with the Guild members and receive all kinds of rewards
  • You can set up your Guild in neutral or war mode, and challenge other Guilds (it means the two guilds can kill each other out in the open world). But most people don’t do that since it’s not really interesting.

You can’t invite your other characters, because you don’t have to. Since TOS works in a “Team” system, the moment you create a Guild, all your characters of the same Team are part of the Guild and also the Guild Leader.

I am not sure if the Guild Storage is part of the Tower function or not, I believe it is, but I’m not sure anymore. The Guild Storage isn’t a common storage though, but it’s where the items you get from the Guild missions go to and then the Guild Leader can send them to the members.

Except Guild missions (and GvG back then), you don’t have a direct advantages to guilds, you kind of have to create your own advantages. For example within a Guild, you can more easily find people to run instances with, including the toughest ones like Earth Tower. It’s more a way to exchange, trade, find companions, etc…
You don’t have any disadvantages joining or creating one.

2 Likes