Tree of Savior Forum

Have some newbie questiones

Hi guys,
I’ve recently joined the project and spent some time getting acquainted with it. Lots of questions, that i had from the start, resolved themselves one way or another but there are some that I’d like to get answers to in order not to blunder. Would appreciate greatly if you could spend a couple of minutes to shed the light on my ignorance. I tried to organize the questions in a structured way to ease potential responding.

I. Starting with lvl 100 there mercenaries missions are available . There are 3 types of them:
1 - dungeons like missions. They are dailies (3 entries per day):
A: Is there a principal difference which one to go (since the reward seems to be the same - red Mystery Cube) or they are basically the same?

B: Should I open the cubes straightaway or hold on to them and open them later (perhaps their reward is level-based)?

C: Should I re-open the cubes for silver? If yes - will the re-opening price increase with my level (for the last cube I opened the price was 5k)?
D: Is it worth spending time on this activity in general (will the rewards from the cube be necessary for further progress / endgame play)?

2 and 3 - some errands (didn’t get the difference between 2 NPC): their sense is getting something from some locations (possibly killing specific monsters): if dungeon missions can at least be done in Klaipeda, these are widespread and the problem for me is that I don’t want to go to locations where I haven’t yet been through the main quest line if I can help it (I am playing in a slow pace, enjoying the story, trying to gather collections for each new location I visit, not hurrying in other words - so rushing to some new random places per the vim of some NPC is not something within my current playing framework :slight_smile: ). So, the question is whether they are worth doing after all or can be postponed?

II. Dungeons. These are pretty classical, with different complexity and rewards:
A. Am I right assuming that one should always run the highest dungeon or there are some which reward(s) is/are more actual in a long prospective?

B: Similar to QB from the previous paragraph, should I open blue cubes at once or hold on to them to open when I have a higher level?

III. Uphill Defense. New activity starting with lvl 120:
A. is this a worse time-spender or can its rewards be ignored?

B. Same question about its cubes (yellow) - open now or wait and do it later.

IV. Cards. In RO these were one of the ultimate drop rewards. In this game, as far as I understood from a scattered information, they can be obtained from boss monsters only.
A. I assume they don’t drop from quest line ‘bosses’ but then from which boss monsters?

• maybe you can get them from dungeons’ cubes as a rare drop or
  • do they drop from such bosses apart from cubes or
  • from wold bosses?

B: in RO the cards were inserted directly into gear and it was not possible to remove them, so one should have to be very careful about it. In this game, as I understand, the cards are inserted into a special card box (represented by 4-color 3-card sets):

• is this action (card insertion) reversible (can I get the card out)?
  • if yes - does it cost something (may be some specific resource)?

C. Judging by the stars the cards have (like colored gems) they can also be improved:

• is it done similar to gems improvement (feeding them items, loot, other gems, other cards(?))?
  • can a card be improved once it is inserted in the card box?

D: perhaps you can spare some other useful advice/tips regarding cards (they were very important element in RO and I wouldn’t want to spoil it here).

V. End-game gear:
A. having browsed the fans’ TOS items database and ingame market, I came to a rather disappointing conclusion that all endgame gear can only be obtained from instanced dungeons (recipes actually) - is it really so?

B. Again, if end-game gear can only be crafted, can the crafting materials be obtained in the open world (drop from monsters) or should also be farmed in instanced dungeons?

P.S. Will definitely have more questions as I progress through the game :blush:

1 Like

You get to pick which set of random bosses you want for journal/boss cards.

Some dungeons like crystal mine also give out minerals (Phydecium, Portium, etc)
Seven Valley used to give other materials too but I can’t remember now, I stopped doing merc missions in general.

Nothing really of value, you may find dilgeles or uosis useful, or stuff like vubbe fighter blood or harugal leather., though these are old materials and are not very expensive anymore.

No, not worth. re opening doesn’t cost more with levels.

If you need some of the cards, might as well do it. Also merc missions give a lot of EXP on lower levels so if you can queue up it’s okay, but if no one is queuing it’s a waste of time.

Right now, not worth, but IIRC a change for that is coming.

Yes, unless you’re after something in a dungeon.
Example: 120: Petamion, 180: Max Petamion, Sissel, etc etc.

up to you, but I tend to open all 18 cubes after 3 runs because they’re somewhat heavy.

Feel free to ignore it, some people do this however when there’s an event where you kill monsters near your level to get item rewards. Uphill spawns a lot of monsters near your level so it works well.

yellow…Attok Box of Materials? Nothing worth there except for a few which aren’t really rare at all, no need to stack them. I think they’re rank 7 materials, iirc.

They used to drop from quest bosses, which is why there’s a bunch of old cards like netherbovine/nuaele/chappa.

Right now, dungeon cubes, mission boss drops, world bosses.

You can get the card out for free or no penalty at one star. You can pay 5 TP(max free, so consider it free as well) to remove higher leveled cards without penalty. Penalty is -1 star if you refuse to pay 5tp.

You feed them with cards, or card tokens(card enhancement thing like 500 points, etc)
You can’t level them up when equipped.

Keep doing dungeons specially when you reach 300. Very fast queue and trash cards to feed your good cards.

Either that, or be very lucky with RNG and roll a level 350 Primus gear with good stats via an appraiser. I know, so many levels of RNG which is quite sad, but gotta do what you gotta do to get it if you don’t like crafting end game gear.

Can’t remember since the boss revamps but IIRC world bosses drop mats needed for some end game gear like 315 accessories.

1 Like

I’ll add some details~

Some of the missions are kind of worth doing, some others, not really.
Some cards sell decently and they’re useful in general even to yourself, so yes, you might want to do some of them.
Here are the cards and their effects.
Blues drop in Siauliai, Purple in Crystal Mine, Red in Catacombs, and Green in Seven Valley.

Uphill is totally ignorable, most people who do it indeed do it when there’s an event, or if they want something from the Uphill shop (like the pet).

For the gear and crafting, I’d recommend to use tos.neet.tv, where you can see what materials you need and where to get them. Because it depends on the gear. Some you can farm in the wild, some you get from quests/guild raids, some from the missions, some from world bosses, from dismantling other equipments, … You also have the ET gear, which requires you to do ET in order to get enough fragments to buy them. They’re also working on a new end-game set.
So yeah, overall, you want to simply check on the site. It will show the recipes, what you need, how many, where you get them, the drop chance.

2 Likes

Wow! That was quick!
Thanks a lot guys for responding and responding in details. :heart_eyes:

I am trying to use all 3 entries even for 120 lvl dungeon and, together with lvl 50 dungeon, I think I had around 25-30 runs but never saw a drop from bosses apart from cubes - do you mean that cards from dungeons bosses can only be obtained from cubes, not from additional drop?

How difficult is it to level up cards? For gems it takes rather a lot of points - I managed to get a couple to 5 lvl but the next one is some 40+ points >_< But at least you can vacate an open world dungeon area and farm gems to feed as long as you need. With cards, if they eat only other cards and some card tokens, the players are restricted, are they not?

Also, you said 2 times about queuing - I am a solo-soul :slight_smile: and am doing all stuff alone. So far have no problems to solo both dungeons (around 9 minutes) and missions (around 6 minutes); have not been able to finish Uphill (usually only 20-22 stage, highest was 24)…
Are 300+ lvl dungeons so difficult that can’t be managed solo?

Can you elaborate a bit about it? What is appraiser?

Wow, that was a useful piece to know. So, let’s say Siauliai boss can drop ANY blue type cards or there can be different bosses (blue-type) and each can drop its card?

I am using https://www.tosbase.com/database/
Got used to check each and every item (gear, loot, consumables) whether it is needed for anything :sweat:
Is it somehow worse/outdated?

Yes, dungeons means cubes only. Before though, both the boss and the cube can give cards.

Can’t remember exactly but…around 5400 points to level 10. 1 card = 100 points. So 54 cards total + 1 card you’ll want to upgrade.

Soloing level 50 and 120 is…easy.
However, you get significantly less EXP (queue = bonus exp)
And dungeons 180 and 230 are very long, soloable, but VERY long, not worth doing alone and you get less exp.

270 and 300 are easy to solo but rarely anyone does 300 solo because you get nothing else other than instant entry. Also, less EXP.

You’ll notice getting unequippable gears with “?” on them, that’s an unidentified gear, you will need an appraiser to appraise it for you. Appraising an unappraised gear rolls random stats into it. Yes, random. Search around HG equipment in the forum to know more about it if you’re interested.

2 Likes

The bosses appear randomly in the missions. And each boss can only drop its own card. So if you want card A, you have to hope you fight boss A in the mission… and that it’s nice enough to drop it ;__;
But in general, the drop chances aren’t that low so it’s fine.

tos.neet is better because they datamine everything, and much faster. You also have the korean and korean test server options, with the latest in-game updates, so usually the news are first on tos.neet.
tosbase can be nice and useful for other things though, since players can add their own comments and help.

2 Likes

End game gear can pick in Hunting Grounds 350 too… undentified itens… but you need luck to identify and come to nice stats.

1 Like

Ah, understood.
So far leveling is not an issue for me.
I am nor rushing forward :slight_smile:

Ah, this. Understood.
I did use those nice persons to identify some items. Actually, i did not understand the logic behind such drops (unidentified equipment) - does it mean that endgame gear can be dropped from regular monsters after all?

Got my response from the last comment:

TY as well :slight_smile:

I see…
Well, can’t say i like this logic, but ah well - will see how it goes :slight_smile:

Understood. I liked tosbase exactly because of players comments - it always warms me up to see that the cruel god of RNG is cruel not just to myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys! :+1:

You can get endgame gear from Hunting Grounds. The thing is you have several kinds of end game gear. Solmiki, Hunting Grounds, Masinios… You don’t have just one set. And they will add even more with a new raid :confused:
Solmiki 1H Sword (ET)
Primus 1H Sword (HG)
Masinios 1H Sword (craft)

As you can see, Solmiki and Masinios have base stats, while the HG one doesn’t. So HG one will require more prayers to the RNG Gods in order to get a good roll on stats =P But it’s still possible.
TOS in general is either really time consuming, a lot of RNG luck, or/and being rich (to buy expensive recipes or the good RNG HG weapon)

I see…
Well, I think for now I’ll just play the main story line and in parallel do dailies (dungeons and missions) trying to obtain some cards and accumulate silver for the end-game gear. Thank you for your responses and advice.

Will reserve this thread for potential new questions that will definitely arise :slight_smile:
Unless I am mistaken, the thread will be open for 2 months.

Have a question about selling premium items.
It is said on their icons in the premium shop that they are untradable - is it so?
Then how do people sell their premium items?

Say I want to buy some premium cubes - will I be able to sell them in the market?

You mean the gacha cubes, I suppose ?
You cannot sell the cubes, but you can sell what you get from them. So becoming rich through the cubes will depend on how lucky you are.

1 Like

Sorry, don’t know what gacha cubes are.
I meant, for example, the new Leticia’s Secret cube.
Or, for good measure, any other premium stuff - tokens, reset potions, etc.

Leticia cubes/Goddess cubes = gacha cubes.

You might also be more familiar with the term “lootbox”.

1 Like

Understood.
TY for responding.

Another question, if someone can answer:

I am approaching a new rank which for my archer will be Falconer.
I heard that upon becoming a Falconer one is given a falcon (no surprise here) and, unless I am mistaken (read something like this somewhere >_<), it will be considered to be a companion.

1. Does it mean that it will consume 1 more character slot? Right now, apart from my main archer, I have 3 characters of the rest basic classes and my faithful battle penguin :penguin: - so, shall I require 1 more character slot? If yes, I will definitely need to buy 1 more not to miss the falcon.
  2. Upon receiving the falcon, shall I have to choose which of the critters to have at my side - either falcon or my penguin d(on’t laugh, we grew on each other :))?

Yes, it takes a character slot.

You can have both the falcon and the penguin at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
I’ll obtain a new character slot in advance then.

Achieved the next rank, chose Falconer, bought a spare character slot but have not received the falcon itself. The master hunter has also not given any quest/instructions of how to acquire one… :frowning:
What should I do?

I thought you had to buy it