Tree of Savior Forum

Halloween Event or How to become an antisocial thief

Ok, I tried the event dungeon one more time to gather more data.
What I learned from this entry was the following:

You guys from the event designing STAFF are the worst people I’ve encountered in my whole life.

Not only is the event anarchistic in its every existence, but it is highly unfair and encourages criminal behaviour.

Now before we continue rambling, let’s start analyzing why it is so horrible.

First of all, the event map is one of the worst maps to have this kind of event on. It’s too large with too little walkable area, and it becomes pretty hard to look for monsters once you’ve become heavier due to the candies weighting you down.

Then there is the abysmal spawn rate of monsters who drop candies and the low amount of candies they drop. Paired with the circumstance that you have a limited time to get the up to 300 candies, this will enventually force you into PVP if you want the 300 candies because you getting slower and slower to hunt the few & widespread monsters effectively disables you from getting the 300 candies otherwise.
I should also mention that you’re unable to leave the arena without losing your treats, so you can’t save your progress[there is actually a way by killing that ghost tini that spawns randomly and is fast to run away, so this doesn’t count as it’s not reliable at all].

Last but not least there is the issue of the unfair scaling of this event. Players with more sugary treats will deal more damage per hit, have a larger AoE and take more hits till they collapse on the floor. This gives everyone who has more treats a really huge and unfair advantage over people who have less treats, as this event only requires you to tickle others a few times to make them drop all their candies.
And it makes it impossible to get your candies back if someone mugged you because you lose all your candies in fainting/dieing, so they will become super strong and you have to play the kicked dog because your damage is back to garbage level and there ain’t enough time to get enough treats to even tickle the other player while he can just onehit you every time you try.

So, now for the in-depth analysis of the events nature itself:

Basically, given all these points, this game not only encourages you to be a petty mugger/street robber by disabling people to get the 300 treats within the time limits by only killing monsters,
you also can’t avoid getting mugged at all because of the maps layout and the fact you can’t leave the dungeon without losing all of your treats.

What kind of bs idea is this?
As far as I know, people/kids who mug kids on the Halloween eve for their candies/valuables are still robbers by law, and not people living by the “trick or treat”-theme that Halloween is famous for.
No idea what Koreans think/believe about Halloween customs, but mugging is not part of any of them.

On top of being frustrated, all your hard work goes to the spoils of the mugger and you have no way to take them back except by mugging several more other people to get to the level of being on equal terms.

This means that mugging is the one and only way to the top, effectively encouraging such anti-social behaviour that grieves the majority of players who just wanted to participate for the prizes
you showed off on display in the event shop without ever mentioning the fact that only a small portion of the players is able to attain them every day.

This is basically a pyramid scheme/snowball scheme, where the success of the few is used to gain the participants neccessary for them to attain their prizes by creating the illusion that everyone can be as successful as them and recieve the prizes[and here I thought that pyramid schemes were forbidden by Korean law as displayed in media and Dramas; guess virtual event schemes are just “fraud” because the benefactors are random?].

In reality, however, once you got mugged you can basically log out because you will not be able to get back your candies again unless you got mugged very early into the event and only lost a few treats in the process of perishing or you’re one hell of a mugger yourself and mug every other newbie to get back “your” candies.

But, as if this scheme not enough, there is even the event ongoing to give Solmiki weapons to the top 3 muggers of the week on every server, so people would try even harder to mug the hell out of others just to secure their 300 sugary treats[they should be called bloody treats as they are soaked in the blood of the saviours who died by getting mugged&killed for them].

In the end, this results in lots of players not getting anything at all from this event.
And one thing is for sure: Getting mugged is not a funny thing.
By making an event of it and even rewarding people who mugged mercilessly, you’re mocking actual victims of real robbery/mugging incidents.

Good game, I never thought that the day comes where the so-called saviours turn into hoodlums that only live at the expense of others, but this game basically slowly turned into it over time (mainly because of the transcendence and practonium issue) and now it has reached the highest stage where even events instigate players to engage in such behaviour.

I don’t know what you think, but as far as I understood the idea of Halloween, trick or treat actually is the complete/polar opposite of what is used by this event.

The basic idea behind “trick or treat” is to share with each other at the beginning of hard times (i.e. winter or, regarding TOS, the time after Medzio Diena), where “treat” is the symbolic act of benevolence by gifting a fellow citizen/countryman a little of your abundance(i.e. you are treating them to something you own), while “trick” is supposed to be the (divine) retribution for avarice/greed (i.e. ignoring the needs of others and only hoarding for your personal benefit).

So the idea of the Halloweens trick&treat is sharing &caring for others, not being greedy for your own sake.
MMORPGs are supposed to be social games where you win as a group, not as an individual, but I guess it was forgotten long long ago as TOS never really featured any social events except for maybe the current monster tamer event where you can help fellow players with your monsters to get some good equipment&other stuff.

Please reconsider making such events in the future if the outcome for the few is profit at the expense of the many!

23 Likes

You forgot to mention people with 300 sugary sweets still keeps killing people with less then 50 candies…
I mean wtf… why even? Did they not bother reading the event mechanics? :thinking: You can’t get more than 300 candy you stupid pricks!
People like them are the kind of people that PK other players just for the kick of it. THANK GOD!! TOS doesn’t have a pk system.

Also may I also add that if you’re unlucky enough to spawn right near one character after getting killed… your chances of getting killed again is 100%. so maybe give us a 3 to 5 seconds immunity after getting killed. It not fun to get killed and then killed again for uhh i don’t know? the game decided to spawn me close to a freaking serial killer? :tired_face:

With all that said… I just have to say that this event could be a nice catalyst/stepping stone to a proper PVP arena with a few minor tweak such as the “immunity after getting killed”. I will give this event that much…

7 Likes

I enjoy threads like these, it shows how fanboys evolve into game bashings :tired:

1 Like

Thats for the ones they have joined hands with whether guidies or friends… they just keep killing others till their mate also got 300 by leeching

You do need to know that is kill or get killed in this event.
Even with 300 candies, u still do not want any others near you.
At the same time, u will be always in search of ghost tini, so u will always encounter people in your way.

Yes I know that but what’s that got to do with me requesting for a 3sec immunity after getting killed?

True… but when you actively chase/corner someone (who clearly has only 25 or less candies cough* coz he just got killed) then that’s more in line with what @BurningFighter is saying.

Uh no… no one does that… Logically its more safer just to hide if you have 300 candies than to walk around and actively searching for this ONE tini that god knows what its spawn time is…

edit: Sorry I’m getting salty here… It’s not that I dislike this event in fact I personally like it coz it different from all the event so far… It’s just need a lil bit of tweaks here and there and it’ll be fine. :kissing_closed_eyes:

I agree.

People are horrible.

IMC condones this horrible behavior it seems.

(Rant)Guild leader _Sparda and his guild Leviathan on Orsha server are all bullies. They gang up to kill every low numbered player they see. Even chasing them for 2 minutes to show their superiority. (/Rant)

6 Likes

good job

This event creator guy ruined other IMC staff effort to made game better.

you should make funny event rather than make stressful content.

if your objective is maintain CCU, why don’t use same event as JP server.

1 Like

Its just a game bro :smiley:

It’s not the staff’s fault. They can’t do anything about the game simply being broken (Whale event and its 2fps crashfest or this desynchfest event because the game isn’t designed to be played with more than 2ms of latency outside of Korea).

I completely agree with everything that was said, but what can we do? I doubt anything will change.

It’s unfortunate because this is the first event I think I actually completely hate, its just not fun at all losing everything you have to some jerk with 300 candies. So far I’ve only done it a few times and have gotten over 250 candies every time (except once) and even when you succeed its not fun.

The only satisfaction I got out of the event so far was where I had like 100 and some jerk with over 250 tried attacking me and I managed to hit him a few times which allowed me to take his candies and overpower/kill them (that’s what you get you greedy fucker).

5 Likes

It’s just a game some say, but we have to spend real life hours to get a simple piece of the solmiki set (a simple shoes demand at least 20 boxes, 10 days, 10-15 hours more less?) so no, this is life, this is real, not just a game, so please respect us IMC.

5 Likes

Well, actually this event is worth doing because of not only controversial solmiki, but halloween cubes, blessed shards and attribute points worth 35m (if all redeemed). Sadly, those rewards need many candies to redeem, and even if you get the bonus candies everyday from the kupole, you will need at least 8 days with halloween costume just to get the least odd candies required reward, that is, halloween cube, 300 odd candies.

Seeing from those rewards, its encouraging players to participate on the scarecrow event to get more candies if you want to get the rewards faster. And to get more candies, you are encouraged to rob people’s candies because in nature like… ehem, agar.io, you will be slowed if you are big/stuffed enough because of cells (in agar.io) or sugar treats (in-game) you collected so far. Plus, if you are having problem with your connection, you will be in most at disadvantage due to desyncs, cripple you further to enjoy the event or getting rewards.

Thus, a lot of people not be able to enjoy this event even so they struggle very hard just to get halloween rewards. This kind of event is a bad idea because not everyone could enjoy this, and only benefits few people.

In the future, please not to make such event, instead make players to work together to enjoy your event, just like pokemon event. This also, will help your intent to get more new players to actually enjoy your game.

1 Like

We all saw what happened when IMC “fixed” the flower event we had long ago, at first we could plant and pick them up together, then imc “fixed it” making it so that when you planted the seed, you had to camp it or someone would steal it.

This deffinately isnt the first event that turns players against eachother, and much likely not the last.

This is so dumb. Do you think the same about boxing and MMA matches? The point of the event is to be like a boxing match over candy, but the problem is it’s so riddled with bugs, lag, and exploits that it doesn’t work at all. The event concept is really good, and I wish we could play a 100% working version of it, but as it is it’s practically unplayable. On top of that, the rewards are so good that players who don’t enjoy these kinds of things feel compelled to do it just for the rewards, leading to the perception that they’re being griefed when they lose their candy.

Due to the bugs and exploits, they should move the rewards to another source like the kupole. Situations where players kill each other should have low stakes so they’ll be just for fun and there won’t be as much motivation to cheat.

2 Likes

My favorite part is where the OP uses reinforcement to try to turn the PvP element of the event into a serious analogue for actual stealing, and then uses his own definition to pitch shame at IMC for mocking people affected by dangerous and life-changing crime.

Never change, wall of text.

I can imagine IMC trying to translate OP’s post with google translate

HAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE YOU TOO CRAN MAN :dancer:

i wish i could just farm candies in peace welp this event is not for everyone to enjoy. i wish we can have a good event that doesnt need to resort to inflicting bad things on other players, like yeah farming for 13 mins then someone gonna corner you then killing you resulting to farming for 1-3 mins just to get a consulation reward candies kinda bad thing.

5 Likes

I totally agree. Players who gather more candies just haras other players, and they attack have bigger area so you just cannot do anything about it.