Tree of Savior Forum

GvG consent needed?

You request help or talk to other ppl in the game (wut, other people outside of my group?!?) to team up with.

There are PK groups and there are PKK groups who like to help as self regulated justice.

im pretty sure if your guild doesnt piss other guilds off, they wont harass you, pvp in ToS has little to no benefit, its just wasting time for them to come kill you.

5 Likes

are you new to the internet and online games or just naive :unamused:

there will be lot of people invading and raging war to others for the sake of been jerks, trolls or to pass the time making others miserableā€¦

EDIT: If consent is removed, at least give us those guilds that are sic of war the option to turn off attacksā€¦

like a selection on guild menu that makes my guild unable to declare or be declared war tooā€¦

7 Likes

It will exist but it wont be the norm if for example like I proposed, you could only wage war on a limited number of targets at once.

You can change channels, find another of many farming spots, join an alliance with other guilds for protection.

Man either way, grind spots are going to be competitive, with or with out this system, you will get pushed out by people a few levels higher then you, killing stuff much faster then you, forcing you to leave, a guild could just as easily camp an area of the best farming location and kill all the mobs before anyone else, itā€™s just the nature of the game either way.

But I mean, guilds can only be max 35 people, and the chances of alllll 35 of them, being online, finding you guys, deciding to war, going to where you are and killing you guys over, and over, for no reason, other then, lets just find some rando guild to mess with, are VERY low in these type of games with these systems in place.

You can just leave, change channels, find a new spot, becasue you will have to be doing this anyways with competitive grinding. PVEers can be dicks to when it comes to mob grinding.

2 Likes

Suggestion:

• Spesific guild areas with ā€œmob summoning crystalā€ which is can be stealing someone (thief must be a guild member)

• Crystal will summon a pack of monster spawn per hour in the guild area (rich drop rates) every hour crystal lvl+1ā€¦ max: lvl10 (special mob drops at lvl10)

• Stealing crystal lvl back to lvl1ā€¦ if thief doesnt use the crystal on their guild area within 30 mins; crystal back to first ownerā€™s guild area but only within lvl1

• The guild leader who is crystalā€™s orginal owner can declare war against thiefā€™s guild wihtin 1 hour (thiefā€™s name and his guild name can bee seen on a tooltip)

• Templar C3 passive skill or attribute +2 more crystal or increase spawn rate (more crystal better i think) Normaly 2 crystal per guild +2 stealing crystal max:4 and +2 from Templar C3 skill (only guild leaderā€™s skill) now max: 6 crystal

This way, there will be drama, tears, revenge and many more :smile:

Ps: sorry for my engurish

I would suggest to wait for open beta feedback. I have absolutely no idea about what koreans perceive as normal, but western gamers haveā€¦ reservationsā€¦ when it comes to things like caps on trading, dungeoning, etc.
In regards of the GvG issue, neither i or the playerbase can give you an educated opinion as of yet, simply because we do not know the game yet. This is why i suggest to wait for the open beta period feedback before taking suggestions randomly.

3 Likes

BDO doesnā€™t have consenting guild wars right ? I read on reddit the big guild is bullying the small guild.

well as long as people really dont abuse it and just murder all the lowbie on the guild then i am ok with no consent.

also make it possible that one guild can fight several guilds (or 5 guilds ganging on 1 guild) this way, people wont just abuse it else they will experience what they did to a random guild

or simply make a requirements to do a guild war.
guild should have max members (50/50 or 100/100) and an average of lv 230.

i just dont want some guild to just suddenly wage war with a guild that just started and camping on the spawnpoint to kill them over and over because that is one way of saying ā€œquit the game noobsā€

2 Likes

Just like a real war civil got drafted to really meaningless war T_T

2 Likes

I would enjoy being on the PKK side for that sort of thing, hunt down the griefers for you and war with someone their own level.

No it does not, you can start a war with any guild you want.

yes if we can get a no consent war then there should be no limit to how many guild can wage war with one guild.

its just like serial killer that is getting hunted by everyone.

top guild can get more reputation or get well known for helping guild that get abused
or simply any guild that can fight them get well known.

also if that really happens, i am sure that someone will make a thread for a list of guild being hunted or had help fight the abusers if the rules allowed it on the forums

thatā€™s what i mean, on Reddit post bigger guild start a war against much smaller guild.

Keep war with no consent and make it so if you leave a guild you have a 1 week penalty before you can join another guild. Pretty simple fix when it comes to people jumping guilds.

Imo i prefer a war decleration that will kick in after a certain amount of time if the other guild does not agree.

1 Like

Lol? noā€¦ half the people in the world are sadist in natureā€¦ there are going to be guilds that declares war on all the soft targets, aka PvE guilds, and camp in dungeon entrances, farming spots, etc.
These people derive pleasure from other peopleā€™s misery.

IMC should have PvE and PvP servers.
PvP people want PvE players in their server so they can abuse them. But no PvEer want PvPers going around killing them every 5 seconds.

In 1 year, you will have big PvP guilds charging PvE players for protection money and running the entire game. In fact, Iā€™m not going to be surprised that PvEers will soon have to wire real life money to multiple PvP guilds to play the game without constantly getting killed.

Considering that this game have different builds for PvE and PvP, PvE people will never be able to fight back against PvPers and since as you said thereā€™s no penalty with regards to getting PKed, there is NOTHING to stop PvPers from harassing PvEers non-stop every second of play.

Because the PvP group is more vocal, all the MMOs focus on PvP, PvE gets ignore, and now people who donā€™t want to PvP have few MMOs to play.

9 Likes

GvG was is what got my friends interested in this gameā€¦ reading how the market/trade works is what made them tell me ā€œgo play aloneā€.

3 Likes

Itā€™s impossible for one guild to do it more than 50% of the time because of the cooldown on wars. The PvErs can opt out of guild wars entirely by simply not placing a guild tower, so itā€™s impossible for other guilds to declare war on them. Having a guild tower is the reward for taking the risk of GvG.

The rest of your post isnā€™t happening when the system is put into practice, as it was in kToS. Youā€™re speculating that international players will be different, but that hasnā€™t been determined yet.

Itā€™s usually the other way around. WoW, the standard-setter for modern MMOs, had its main focus on PvE raids, had PvE servers, and did things like filling towns with powerful NPC guards that gave opposing PvPers repair bills.

This is a false rumor. Do you see it in any patch notes? The source was a troll on reddit (an untrustworthy site full of misinformation), and it spread to a thread on here where it was debunked and locked due to flags.

Justā€¦donā€™t let it go too far.

Because I donā€™t doubt that some guild will just declare war/attack tower while nobodyā€™s around to kill it and then avoid any actual fighting for the rest of the duration.

Some way to let guilds who just want to PvE do their own PvE thing would be nice as well.

2 Likes