Tree of Savior Forum

GvG consent needed?

admins, we do concerning the recently changed to krToS update that the GvG system does need both parties approval to get into war. i mean, has iToS replicated this update? or any guild can declare war with any guild in no time (which is the real excitement comes in).

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn

4 Likes

War should NOT be consent, it’s freaking war… the main issue I see that happened in ktos was the kidnapping part, although funny, players should be able to leave a guild at anytime they please, well in a safe zone, IE you can only leave a guild in towns, problem solved.

14 Likes

This may be subject to our plans in announcing the changes made to iTOS. Please wait for an update regarding this matter.

17 Likes

couldn’t agree more :smiley:

1 Like

well, we are not korean :smiley: we want 1-way declare war without consent needed.

7 Likes

If itos has consenting guild wars, I’ll prolly just stick with BDO, feels bad, really was hoping for this.

2 Likes

I actually liked that war did not require consent. A guild should be able to start a war by the means already put in place.

But I do agree precautions should be in place to stop exploiting and abuse like in the infamous Ausrine Civil War.

14 Likes

Yeah poor design of guild invite/leave can easily be avoided and still leave all the fun parts of GvG in tact.

4 Likes

I agree, war should not require consent. It defeats the purpose of the mechanic existing in the first place.

6 Likes

Feelin the love for the GvG scene right now, if other games can do it with 0 issues, so can tos, it’s such a great thing.

I support all statements above, this is war, no need for consent.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I would never want to join a guild if free-range wars were a thing. Eep!

#peacelovinfool :sweat: I like people and all but don’t be dragging me into yo wars pls.

6 Likes

My guess is it changed cause people were griefing i can see it happening especially since we have a month head start strong guilds just terrorizing smaller guilds forcing people not to be in them. I think the idea of consent is nice then you’d get someone ready to fight you vs just giving ppl who don’t want to or can’t fight a hard time

There are a bunch of ways to avoid this being a major issue.
A couple off the top of my head that mitigate the issue:

• Limited number of concurrent war declarations
  • Some cost to declaring war (not particularly a fan of this but it adds some cost factor to think about before declaring)
  • Cool downs between war on same guild
5 Likes

This was a flaw in the guild invite system that caused grefing, not the other way around, where did you hear anything bad about GvG, and consent, other then this one game design over sight, the problem was not players killing other players, the problem was with the players stupidly accepting the guild invite, getting stuck in the guild, and not being able to leave, if you could leave the guild, %100, this would have never even come up as a problem.

2 Likes

“We” are too many…

I don’t want people harassing my peaceful guild D:

5 Likes

Update from the person I sent a message to regarding this reddit post.

Ausrine Civil War

I asked them.

Hey, I have been interested in tos for sometime now, and was really excited to hear that guilds could wage war on each other, and now I am hearing that guilds have to consent to war? I would really like to know if this is true or not, as I want to have open world pvp.

And they responded with this, looks like ktos did not change anything.

No you can just wage war on other guilds, however in Korea generally ppl keep it calm so it’s uusally the international guilds fighting
but the 5v5 league is the biggest content I think

We actually still mite get our wars! I am hyped again! woo woo.

2 Likes

I see an issue in this what if your in a guild with people you enjoy and your just enjoying the game with friends what happens if a strong guild decides to give you guys a hard time and camp the places you grind/farm, your forced to leave that guild? I get the thrill of war but if its not a fair fight what are you really getting out of it. There has to be some sort of consent since its basically open pk without penalty and people 100% will use that to ruin the fun of others.

7 Likes

Games gonna get boring real fast if war needs consent… Most players these days gun for a game that has open world PvP, although in ToS we dont exactly have this, this system is good enough. This game is pretty carebear as it is, if you implement the consent war, GG to all pvpers in this game, they just will not be able to stay in this game for a long period of time.

5 Likes

Welcome to every game that has open world pvp, except in this game, you can leave the guild and done, your out of the fight.

4 Likes